• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Letter to Jean: Wave 1 Instructions

In summary, the survey is what you're referring to. PC will send out a reminder email to those who have not yet responded to it. PC provides enough income that the author does not need to get another job or spend more hours at their day job. The training PC provides has improved the author's perspective and thinking.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
For those of you in Wave 1...where do we send the letter thingy (what was it again?) to Jean?

She will send an e-mail to us, I think ... probably there will be something about it in the next PC email newsletter.

I was wondering the same thing!

The survey is what you're talking about? I got mine by email yesterday and did it, sent it back already. It doesn't take as long as it says.

No, that's not it. She wanted us to speciifically e-mail us our stories about PC and the economy.One of the directors in our cluster said she did this at leadership too.

I emailed my director to see if she remembers. I hope someone knows it I think they were doing a drawing for gas cards or something if everyone participated....

It's up on CC, with the Conference announcements. I was #7 to submit one!

Look under National Conference

How to Participate:

Submit an entry by midnight CT on Aug. 15. Describe how you are serving your community through your business.
If we hear from 3,000 National Conference attendees, we'll randomly draw fifteen lucky participants to receive a Garmin Global Positioning System (GPS)! If all National Conference attendees respond, we’ll draw three additional participants to receive a $1,000 gas card!

Number of entries to date: 9

Describe how you have served your community with your Pampered Chef® Shows.

They are also sending a reminder email. I was #64.

I just got a reminder e-mail. Honestly, I will have to give it some serious thought. Yes, I have served my community ... but I do not know how much, if anything, my Pampered Chef business has to do with it.

I was #96 earlier tonight. Start writing everyone!

I was #111 about an hour ago.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I just got a reminder e-mail. Honestly, I will have to give it some serious thought. Yes, I have served my community ... but I do not know how much, if anything, my Pampered Chef business has to do with it.

PC provides enough income that I don't need to get ANOTHER 2nd job or spend more hours at my day job. It gives the kids something to help with which in turn gives me a balance in life and motivation for other things and gives me time to serve on the Fire Department or elsewhere. I also could donate some PC items for the raffle last year to raise funds for the Fire Department.

Doing this on a small scale doesn't provide "life-changing" dramatic impacts for me, but a good balance.

The training PC offers has improved my perspective and thinking in my FT job, how I deal with people and situations all throughout my life.

Don't narrow your thoughts to the question specifically or donating money, think about the overall impact to your life.

I was #165.

Janet- thanks for posting what you wrote. I wasn't sure what to write but now I know. Being a Navy spouse and having moved my business across the country it has been amazing to have the chance to do that at my pace and help both towns-where I was and where I am.

(gotta copy this so I can add it to my email to Jean!) ha ha

counter said 200 when I submitted just now.

I was 228 for my conference, wave 3. TO ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT - Go On Consultant's Corner and look for the commercial on the left from Jean about the challenge she issued to us at conference.

Mine was along the lines of...
I love presenting inexpensive and family-friendly recipes to my guests and hosts. In March as I prepared a Jamaican Jerk chicken salad, explaining you could substitute some or all of the Romaine lettuce for pasta to make it a kid favorite, the host did just that. She became a consultant on my team in September. This fall, she has made the decision to homeschool her children, and uses Pampered Chef as an adult outlet / time away from kids in the evenings.

I was struck at Nat.Conf by America's Second Harvest changing its name to Feeding America, and intend to profoundly move my guests because it hits home. We adopted two fantastic siblings from our state foster care system. My son was the one child in the four in his home of origin, who knew how to undo the padlock on the refridgerator. He used to unlock it for his brothers and sisters late at night so they could have a bit more to eat rather than be so hungry. He and his sister have been in our home for 18 monhts; we just celebrated his 5th birthday, and I look forward to going to the Salvation Army feeding center and volunteering. I know my son and daughter will want to help, too.

Thank you, Pampered Chef for providing leadership in helping end America's hunger battle.

Last edited:
Scott--I am moved! That was great!

Scott that is totally awsome! You really hit that nail on the head. I still have to get mine written. Just have not had time to even think about it. I know mine will include the HWC campaign as that is a major passion of mine. (As you all know.) I guess I don't think of those things as things I am doing to change things. I am just doing what's in my heart so...
I don't think. (DO NOT GO THERE!) I just do. Thanks Scott for sharing that!

OK did it. #424 at 3:08 p.m. on July 24th.

Last edited:
Scott, thank you for your post. Janet, you too!I guess I was caught up in the whole "serving your community" thing ... when I think about PC, I think about how it has helped ME ... how it is providing a means for me to make up for lost income from my regular job, how it is improving my skills, how much it means to me that PC donates so much to "feeding America" and how that resonates with me as a long-time food bank volunteer (but only gave $34 through PC last year) and how income from my biggest show ever enabled me to give $220 my host's Relay for Life team, boosting her team to "gold" status. Also, how I have distributed the "power cooking brochure" somebody posted on here to friends, co-workers and people in the community, telling them that these recipes can be made for close to $1 a serving if they know where to shop!Will flesh these out into a legible response some time tonight.

I was 486. It's starting to slow down ...

Is this OK? I have to do this thing for work and I wanted to use this as to why I work a part time job if it for other reasons besides the money.

Let me know. This is also what I submitted to PC.

It is long......

I have to tell you that my Pampered Chef Business is one of the best things that has ever happened for me. Not because it has helped me personally but because of all the things I can do for others. There are a ton of little things I can mention here about how I have helped my community. And these are the things I now live for in my business. I can mention Help Whip Cancer. I am passionate about this and I have 13 main reasons for doing this. I have lost 4 people to Breast Cancer but I know 9 survivors. They create the drive for me to do everything I can to make sure we slow it down or stop it altogether. I was honored at our executive Banquet at National Conference by a wonderful women who was told my story by my executive Director. I was so moved that someone thought that highly of what I had done, (Yes, pat on the back here), #8 fundraiser for May 2008, that I was in tears. Now that’s what I am talking about. That is what it is about for me. Not the number 8 but to know that maybe my “guests” and I helped someone survive “that”. I have always placed Round-Up from the Heart at the top of my list when I talk about the order forms. I do not have a lot of parties each year but at each one I ask for that help. I have in all my years only had a few people tell me no. I never asked why and would never do that to someone but I knew why when I saw their orders or a host would clue me in. We were helping them. I have had the great pleasure of giving products to groups for fundraising. I have been able to give cash donations to others because of the commissions I earn. In fact, my tax guy said I am going to get in trouble for giving away my business so often. Sorry IRS that’s who I am. It is what I love. I loved it when the minister’s wife of a small church came to a party with a check written on the church’s account for the purchase of 7 Mini-Serving Spatulas. They needed some for their Food Days when they served meals to the less fortunate. (She did not tell me this. I learned this from the host.) As she explained they never had enough. I also knew I could not hurt her feelings by telling her what I was planning, as I knew her well enough to know it would. I simply added 8 more to the order. Yep, she did try to send me more money but I explained that it was my mistake and I could not do that to her. It was not what she ordered so I could not in good conscious charge her for them. I am working on getting a chance to introduce them to several of the inexpensive recipes you all came up with. I am thinking that their favorites will be the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad and they’ll love the Easy Beef Stroganoff. It “fills people up” is what I was told. I know other “guests” have also appreciated those inexpensive recipes as I hear it from a lot of people. “Neat, fun ideas that save me some money every day” is what I hear. If I make one recipe, I usually share several others.
This is my 7th year with the company and I have never really pushed at becoming a recruiter. However, as I see the economy doing horrible things to everyone, I think I need to make an effort to offer our opportunity to those people who need a boost. I know what this business has done for me financially as well as spiritually and man, you can’t beat that feeling! Thanks to all of you for providing me many ways to say thank you to my community in a way I never though was possible.

Wave 3 ~ #553

John, that was great. Definitely from the heart.

Thanks I got worried because I interjected some personal gains as well but I think that goes without saying.

Very good. Only constructive advice (as a writer) would be to add paragraphs. Makes it easier to read.

This is mine:

Dear Jean,

Your question is a challenging one to answer … but before I get to answering it directly, I feel compelled to address my own circumstances, and how I can suddenly relate to the needs of my customers.

In May, about six months after I joined the Pampered Chef family, my full-time employer was compelled to make massive budget cuts. My 40 hour work week was scaled back to 32, just as gas prices were soaring through the roof. I am single and the only wage earner in my household, so to me, a 20 percent pay cut was devastating. But I saw a bright light at the end of the tunnel … If I could step up my part-time schedule to one good show a week, I could make up for this pay cut.

I wish I could tell you that my schedule improved YESTERDAY as I had hoped, but my director assures me that this is a building business. Meanwhile, the skills and confidence I am gaining are spilling over into other areas. And it has caused me to see recruiting in a new light. As I have told customers, “I am convinced that EVERYBODY needs a lifeline, because you never know when your job will suddenly be downsized!”

And meanwhile, I am getting the word out about my business and “power cooking” to anyone who will listen. Recently, I’ve handed brochures on this topic to a clerk at the post office, who said his wife is always wondering what to do with ground beef, and a co-worker, assuring him that many of these recipes can be made for closer to $1 per serving if you’re a frugal shopper like I am!

I am also very moved by the Pampered Chef’s charitable giving programs. In March, in an effort to earn the Help Whip Cancer products, I told a hostess, a Melanoma survivor, that I would donate my commission from her show to her Relay for Life team if she would hold it that month. I ended up not earning the products because I happily held it open to get outside orders, but that show closed at over $1,200, making my donation to her team more than $200 and pushing her team to the coveted “gold status.”

As a long-time volunteer for my church’s food ministry, I am also motivated by the “feeding America” campaign and am happy that those nickels and dimes have generated more than $1 million to fight hunger. I am committed to doing my part this year!

683 as of this morning...where is everyone?

I was #775, is the 3,000 per wave or is it all of the conferences total?

I was # 842

I was #845

I don't understand why more people aren't logging in and doing this -- don't people want a FREE GPS or gas card???

Do we know how many we actually need? I was a little confused by the numbers because I know she said if so many from wave 1 put it in she would do x. I wasn't sure how many were even there!

I know some people are out of town this week ....

wave 1 is at 949

scottcooks said:
I was struck at Nat.Conf by America's Second Harvest changing its name to Feeding America, and intend to profoundly move my guests because it hits home. We adopted two fantastic siblings from our state foster care system. My son was the one child in the four in his home of origin, who knew how to undo the padlock on the refridgerator. He used to unlock it for his brothers and sisters late at night so they could have a bit more to eat rather than be so hungry. He and his sister have been in our home for 18 monhts; we just celebrated his 5th birthday, and I look forward to going to the Salvation Army feeding center and volunteering. I know my son and daughter will want to help, too.

Thank you, Pampered Chef for providing leadership in helping end America's hunger battle.

I nearly teared up when I read this. What an awesome story. You've rescued those children! :angel:

wave 1 is at 1002

wave 2 is 1008

I added mine this morning for a total 1011

The total is for all conferences. And the total must get to 3000 by the end of August 15 in order for HO to do the drawing. It's covered in the official rules, which are linked on CC, on the submission page for the challenge.

I just added mine...1033

chefann said:
The total is for all conferences. And the total must get to 3000 by the end of August 15 in order for HO to do the drawing. It's covered in the official rules, which are linked on CC, on the submission page for the challenge.

So the 1033 is what has been submitted so far for all 3 waves?

I think it is.
When I JUST checked it, it was at 1052.

Wow, that isn't very many if they are counting all three waves. I wonder why no one is doing this? It doesn't take very long.

Just wanted to bump with the new number......

Number of entries to date: 1169

I just submitted mine and it was at 1195

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookery
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • jennyl
  • General Chat
Replies