• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Host Invites: Tips and Strategies for Successful Party Planning

In summary, you give the host a 50-in-5 flyer and a guest list flyer that has 40 lines to enter guests info. You then set up a time to call them the NEXT DAY to talk about inviting.
ilove2cookpc
I would really like to start sending the invites for my hosts, but I'm not sure how to get started. Here are a few questions I have...

When you give them the host packet, what do you include as far as a guest list?

How long do you give them to get you a guest list? Do you have problems getting one back?

Do you give them extra invitations to "pass along" when they're out and about?

I guess what I'm really struggling with is the time issue. I mean, what if you book a show 3 weeks out and it takes them a week or more to get a guest list? That doesn't allow for much time to get the invites sent...

Please shed some light my way. I'd really like to do this, but not sure how and if it'll work for me.

Thanks!!!

I have been thinking about this as well and my director talked about sending invites at our last meeting and she talked about sending the mini catalog as the invite it just costs 50 cents more I belive if I understand right and she said that they would it gives them a catalog to look at and if they can't come they might at least see something in the mini where they would be inclinded to order it.

To your questions I guess you would give her a piece of paper for the guest list and I am sure you could search the files on here and see what you come up with and then maybe offer her a pkg of twixit or something if she lets you do them.

Check out the "similar threads" section at the bottom of the page. There are lots of threads on sending out invites to browse through.

Yes - check out the past discussions....that will really help

But wanted to address one question you had about sending out invites last minute. When I have someone book in close, I send out the invite as a reminder. I have the host email and call friends to invite them, and still get me her guest list - and then I send out the invites in the mail with a little note that says "Just a reminder that Suzie Host's show is in a couple days! Please don't forget to call and RSVP - and bring a friend! If you do, you'll get a gift!"

I started sending invites out this year & have had great luck with it. It is more time consuming on my end, but with the best 2 months in sales I've had since starting in 06, I'd say it's been worth it. I also like knowing what has or hasn't gone out.

I use the 3 ply form from HO on supply order. I include it in the hostess pkt with a return envelope (I have bright yellow ones that are easy to spot when they come back to me). Some host fill it out, others e-mail them. You can create a blank template for label in word and send it to them as an attachement. I also include the 50 guest in 5 min. in the host pkt.

I need to work on how to get them back--some I do, some I don't. You can offer an incentive for getting them back in so many days. I think there is a tic-tac-toe file on here that has that as one of the squares.

I have found that my host do want extras to hand out, so I put about 10 in the pkt.

ilove2cookpc said:
I would really like to start sending the invites for my hosts, but I'm not sure how to get started. Here are a few questions I have...

When you give them the host packet, what do you include as far as a guest list?

How long do you give them to get you a guest list? Do you have problems getting one back?

Do you give them extra invitations to "pass along" when they're out and about?

I guess what I'm really struggling with is the time issue. I mean, what if you book a show 3 weeks out and it takes them a week or more to get a guest list? That doesn't allow for much time to get the invites sent...

Please shed some light my way. I'd really like to do this, but not sure how and if it'll work for me.

Thanks!!!

When I book at a show:

I give the host a 50-in-5 flyer and a guest list flyer that has 40 lines to enter guests info. I then set up a time to call them the NEXT DAY to talk about inviting. I tell them to take a catty home w/ them and start marking it up with all the products they want or need in their kitchen.

The next day:

Talk about the products they have their eyes on to get for their host rewards. Then talk about inviting and all the "why's" to inviting. If I get them dreaming big with a wish list it's so much easier to then talk to them about inviting 40 people and WHY we need to invite that many people. I give them a "due date" of up to a week (with a little incentive)...usually have it due by 9:00 pm on a Sunday night. I do tell them I will email them labels that they can type their guest info on and email it back to me. They can keep the hard copy I gave them at the cooking show to use as a RSVP list.

The day after I receive the guest list, I will mail them their host packet.

If I don't have their guest list 14 days before their scheduled show I will reschedule them. I like to send the invites 14 days before the show.

I think when I did the mini catalog invites, the postage was a standard stamp....

Liquid Sky said:
When I book at a show:

I give the host a 50-in-5 flyer and a guest list flyer that has 40 lines to enter guests info. I then set up a time to call them the NEXT DAY to talk about inviting. I tell them to take a catty home w/ them and start marking it up with all the products they want or need in their kitchen.
The next day:

Talk about the products they have their eyes on to get for their host rewards. Then talk about inviting and all the "why's" to inviting. If I get them dreaming big with a wish list it's so much easier to then talk to them about inviting 40 people and WHY we need to invite that many people.
I give them a "due date" of up to a week (with a little incentive)...usually have it due by 9:00 pm on a Sunday night. I do tell them I will email them labels that they can type their guest info on and email it back to me. They can keep the hard copy I gave them at the cooking show to use as a RSVP list.

The day after I receive the guest list, I will mail them their host packet.

If I don't have their guest list 14 days before their scheduled show I will reschedule them. I like to send the invites 14 days before the show

This is what I do...

I really need to get better about this!!!!!

I have been sending out invites since I started (15 months). I send mini-invites with them too.

I give the hosts two HO 3-ply forms to fill out and a self addressed envelope to return them. I ask for them 4 weeks before the party, and usually get them 3 weeks before. If time is a crunch, I ask them to e-mail it to me (to avoid mail delay).

I mail them at 2 weeks (ask the host to invite everyone verbally, and my invite is a follow-up). I also give them 10 invites to hand out to people the forget to invite.

If I don't have the invites in 3 weeks, I'm calling them twice a week to keep them on track. I have mailed out invites three different times up to a week before the party. Amazingly, those parties have had great attendance...

I told my June Host that if she has a $500 Show, I will pay the postage. If it is less, she has to reimburse me! She is emailing me her guest list by Friday. Her Show is the 18th.

Malinda Klein said:
I have been sending out invites since I started (15 months). I send mini-invites with them too. I give the hosts two HO 3-ply forms to fill out and a self addressed envelope to return them. I ask for them 4 weeks before the party, and usually get them 3 weeks before. If time is a crunch, I ask them to e-mail it to me (to avoid mail delay).I mail them at 2 weeks (ask the host to invite everyone verbally, and my invite is a follow-up). I also give them 10 invites to hand out to people the forget to invite. If I don't have the invites in 3 weeks, I'm calling them twice a week to keep them on track. I have mailed out invites three different times up to a week before the party. Amazingly, those parties have had great attendance...
I have found that mailing the invites 7-10 days before the party, and just having the host verbally invite before that, gives me the best attended shows! When the invites go out 2 weeks ahead, people lose them, or forget about the party, and then, by the time they get the reminder call, they've made other plans. 7-10 days out, and there is more a sense of urgency about rsvp'ing, and putting it on the calendar.

This is my first post. Does someone have a template and the label size/number (i.e. Avery 5660) to place on the left side of the invitations to indicate show date, time, etc.? I'm computer challenged, so I'll take all the help I can get. Thanks so much, and I hope to see you in Disney!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have found that mailing the invites 7-10 days before the party, and just having the host verbally invite before that, gives me the best attended shows! When the invites go out 2 weeks ahead, people lose them, or forget about the party, and then, by the time they get the reminder call, they've made other plans. 7-10 days out, and there is more a sense of urgency about rsvp'ing, and putting it on the calendar.

ITA. I have found that 2 weeks ahead is just enough time for people to get them and then forget.

ChefBeckyD said:

At the "Stop Cancellations Now" workshop she spoke exactly about this...anything more than a week (even 5 days) ahead and your time is not spent wisely because people come to a show for 2 reasons:
1. They want to come
2. They are available

Even if you invite someone the day before or the day of...they will still come if they meet the two objectives above. Just a tidbit that really sunk in b/c I felt that way but my hosts all seem to think they need to book their show at least a month out, and have invites out 3 weeks prior etc. Then I feel everyone forgets or puts it to the back burner. JMO.

ok i sent invites to a show last week... WAY early... I have always been told for any invite 3 weeks in advance to give people the time to plan then a follow up... after reading this I see How wrong I am in this type of situation! oh well sesson learned. I will just make sure she does good follow up calls!

Melissa78 said:
At the "Stop Cancellations Now" workshop she spoke exactly about this...anything more than a week (even 5 days) ahead and your time is not spent wisely because people come to a show for 2 reasons:
1. They want to come
2. They are available

Even if you invite someone the day before or the day of...they will still come if they meet the two objectives above. Just a tidbit that really sunk in b/c I felt that way but my hosts all seem to think they need to book their show at least a month out, and have invites out 3 weeks prior etc. Then I feel everyone forgets or puts it to the back burner. JMO.

That was my favorite Workshop!

She was incredible, and I learned so much - It has totally changed the way I approach my shows, and work with my hosts!

I started last year (after conference) sending invites for my hosts. It lets me know that I really have guests invited and I have their numbers for follow up calls. I have a full-size 8 1/2x11 invite I send out. First- the host has 48 hours to get the list of names back to me (doesn't matter if the show is way out). I do this, in case a show had to be rebooked, etc. A host is more apt to continue, knowing she has everything ready for a show. I give the host the option of email (using my template) as my first option. It makes it simpler. If not, I use the 3-ply from PC. I enter the email addressess into PC for evites. If a host did not have an address, but had an email address, I send a copy of my invite to them. I do this, because my invites have "Lockhart Buck" values on them for certain things. I then email a copy of my invite to host, to make extra copies if needed.I'm on my son's computer. I'll send templates on here later.

Thanks for the info from eveyone on this thread! I just started this month and have three shows booked for August. Julie - when you send out your invites via email - do you use the evites website or just send a regular email?

I booked my first show last week and gave the host the 50 in 5 min flyer and a catalog. She emailed me today with her list - its mostly email so I thought I would email her invites out for her and print out a few invitation flyers to put into her host packet to hand out. Her party is on the 14th. I'm thinking I'll send out the invites on Aug 3rd with a one week and 2 day remider?

THANKS!

Cory,

I do both. I use the PC website to send an evite out to everyone on the host' list. I then snail mail out my personal invitations I make. If a host only had an email address for a guest, I will then email them a copy of the personal invitation I snail mailed out. I do this, so everyone recieves a copy of my invite, which contains information about my auction I do.

Thank you Julie. I do not have a PC website but was thinking about making an invitation and sending it out through my email. THANKS

You're welcome Cory.

1. How do I send invites for my Pampered Chef host party?

To send invites for your Pampered Chef host party, log into your Consultant Office and access the "My Shows" tab. Click on the specific party you want to send invites for and select the "Invite Guests" button. From there, you can choose to send invites through email, text, or social media.

2. Can I personalize the invites for my host party?

Yes, you can personalize the invites for your host party by editing the message and adding a custom message or note. You can also choose from a variety of pre-made templates to make your invites more visually appealing.

3. How many invites can I send for my host party?

There is no limit to the number of invites you can send for your host party. You can send invites to as many people as you'd like, whether it's through email, text, or social media.

4. Can I track who has RSVP'd to my host party?

Yes, you can track who has RSVP'd to your host party by accessing the "My Shows" tab in your Consultant Office. Click on the specific party and you'll be able to see a list of all attendees and their RSVP status.

5. How far in advance should I send invites for my host party?

It's recommended to send invites for your host party at least 2-3 weeks in advance to give your guests enough time to plan and RSVP. However, you can also send invites closer to the party date if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Tonimabbott
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • Roadtripray