• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Gratitude: Crafting the Perfect Thank You Note

In summary, one way that people send thank you cards after a consulting show is to print out a letter from P3, give it to the host at the show, and also send a handwritten card. Another way is to give a SB at the show and also mail a handwritten card.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I am embarassed to admit that I have never sent out a thank you note to any of my past hosts.... :eek: :eek: :eek: One of my new year's resolutions is to start doing that!! I want to use the thank you letter that can be printed from PP, but was curious as to what everyone else does.

I use the letter in P3. I also give them a SB with a hand-written note inside the cover.

I also use the format letter from P3 and I print it out on nice paper.

I use the P3 letter and print it on letterhead. I mail it to the host with printed P3 receipts.

I mail the PP letter with the receipts - I also mail a hand written TY notecard (I pick up packs of 12 at the $1 store) the morning after the show.

dannyzmom said:
I mail the PP letter with the receipts - I also mail a hand written TY notecard (I pick up packs of 12 at the $1 store) the morning after the show.

I like that idea. That's the part about the letter that I don't really like. It doesn't seem very personable, but I do like that it is very professional.

I do like the idea of the SB too, but I already give them one at their show and have the guests sign it for the host.

PChefPEI said:
I like that idea. That's the part about the letter that I don't really like. It doesn't seem very personable, but I do like that it is very professional.

I do like the idea of the SB too, but I already give them one at their show and have the guests sign it for the host.
I like that idea too. I hadn't really thought about it before but you are right, it's much more professional. I think that people really appreciate handwritten notes now-a-days.

I give them a SB at the show as well. And, just so you don't feel bad...I only JUSt started doing the handwritten TY cards this summer when I presented my workshop with the loveliest Director from NY, Laura Polito. She told me how she sends out TY notecards...and I was all "huh??" And then at our workshop she wrote me a really sweet notecard and gave me a little gift: a pack of notecards so I couls start sending out TY's - LOL
My hosts are REALLY touched by the extra effort!

dannyzmom said:

That's what I do, except I use the Thank You postcards from Nancy's.

dannyzmom said:
I give them a SB at the show as well. And, just so you don't feel bad...I only JUSt started doing the handwritten TY cards this summer when I presented my workshop with the loveliest Director from NY, Laura Polito. She told me how she sends out TY notecards...and I was all "huh??" And then at our workshop she wrote me a really sweet notecard and gave me a little gift: a pack of notecards so I couls start sending out TY's - LOL
My hosts are REALLY touched by the extra effort!

That was very nice of her to get you started. It sounds like a great habit to start. Thanks for the story! :)

If you want to look really good, send the postcard the day of the show (that night on the way home). It's sure to get there super quick. I did this for awhile but must admit it wasn't an action that I turned into a habit. I also used Nancy's postcards.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I haven't sent a single thank you note out yet to any of my hosts. I even bought postcards to give to frequent customers, with a 10% off one item offer, and I haven't sent a single one of those yet either. I need to get going and make that part of my New Year's Resolution for my PC business! :)

I send the generic PP thank you with the receipts. I highlight the "you got xxx for xxx" and "if you had been the consultant" areas to help these stand out. I also send the Nancy's Thank You card as soon as their show ships. I heard from a daughter of a host that her mom thought it was nice that I cared enough to think of her after the show. I also sent Thank You cards around Thanksgiving thanking them for helping me in my first year and inviting them to an open house. I think I will continue with all of this.

I think personal is best but don't do it. I send the PP thank you and then write a sentence of thanks at the bottom by my signature. Not great but better than nothing....

I send handwritten notes a few days after the show.

What is the best way to express gratitude in a thank you note?

The best way to express gratitude in a thank you note is to be sincere and specific. Start by addressing the person by name and then mention the specific gift, gesture, or act of kindness you are thankful for. Share why it meant so much to you and how it made a positive impact on your life. End the note by expressing your appreciation once again.

How long should a thank you note be?

A thank you note should be short and to the point. It is recommended to keep it to a few sentences or a paragraph. This will ensure that your message is concise and easy to read. Avoid writing a long, detailed letter as the recipient may not have the time to read it.

Is it necessary to handwrite a thank you note?

While typing or emailing a thank you note may be more convenient, it is always better to handwrite it. This adds a personal touch and shows that you put effort into the note. However, if circumstances do not allow for a handwritten note, an email or typed note is still better than not sending one at all.

How soon should I send a thank you note?

It is best to send a thank you note within a week of receiving the gift or kind gesture. This shows that you value the person's time and effort and that their act of kindness did not go unnoticed. If you are unable to send it within a week, it is still better to send it late than not at all.

Can I use a generic thank you note template?

While templates can be helpful for providing structure and ideas, it is always better to personalize the note to the recipient. This shows that you took the time to think about them and their specific gift or gesture. You can use a template as a guide, but make sure to add your own personal touch to make the note more meaningful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies