• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending a Catalog in the Mail - How Many Stamps Do I Need?

In summary, the speaker needs to mail a catalog but is unsure of how many stamps it will require. They provide a tool to calculate postage and mention that typically, catalogs over 4 ounces require $1.48 in postage, which is equivalent to 4 first class stamps. However, if additional materials are included, it may require more stamps. The speaker recommends weighing the catalog at the post office to determine the exact number of stamps needed.
J.Corley
I need to drop a catalog in the mail but I don't know how many stamps it will take. I can't make it into the PO today but need this catalog on its way. You all have any idea if two will work?

The last time I mailed a catalog it cost around$1.25.

Here's a great tool to help you calculate postage:

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home&page=0061calculatepostage

Our catalogs are over 4 ounces, so it's usually around $1.48 to mail them in the "large envelopes" category. It usually takes 4 first class stamps ($.41 each).

If you're mailing it by itself, it's only 3.8 ounces, and costs $1.31 to mail, but that's still at least 4 stamps (because you need 3 $.41 stamps plus $.08). HTH!

Last edited:
cathyskitchen said:
Here's a great tool to help you calculate postage:

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home&page=0061calculatepostage

Our catalogs are over 4 ounces, so it's usually around $1.48 to mail them in the "large envelopes" category. It usually takes 4 first class stamps ($.41 each).

If you're mailing it by itself, it's only 3.8 ounces, and costs $1.31 to mail, but that's still at least 4 stamps (because you need 3 $.41 stamps plus $.08). HTH!
I know that lately I stuck a few flyers in there too (just 3 pieces of regular 8 1/2 X 11 paper) and it was over $1.48...more like $1.80 something??? Or maybe that was when I sent a recruiting DVD too.

It's not cheap.:(

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand your urgency to get that catalog in the mail. From my experience, two stamps should be enough for a standard catalog. However, if your catalog is on the heavier side or if you're including any additional materials, it may require more stamps. If possible, I would recommend taking a quick trip to the post office to weigh the catalog and determine the exact number of stamps needed to ensure it arrives on time. I hope this helps and best of luck with your business!

What is the standard size and weight for sending a catalog in the mail?

The standard size for sending a catalog in the mail is between 6 inches by 9 inches and 9 inches by 12 inches. The weight should not exceed 3.5 ounces.

How many stamps do I need to send a catalog in the mail?

The number of stamps needed to send a catalog in the mail depends on the size and weight of the catalog, as well as the current postal rates. You can use the USPS postage calculator to determine the exact number of stamps needed.

Can I use regular stamps to send a catalog in the mail?

Yes, you can use regular stamps to send a catalog in the mail as long as the total value of the stamps equals the required postage for the size and weight of your catalog.

Are there any additional fees for sending a catalog in the mail?

In addition to the cost of postage, there may be additional fees for sending a catalog in the mail, such as insurance, tracking, or signature confirmation. These fees are optional and can be added at an extra cost.

Can I send a catalog in the mail internationally?

Yes, you can send a catalog in the mail internationally. However, the postage rates and delivery time may vary depending on the destination country. You can use the USPS international postage calculator to determine the postage cost for your specific destination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • heat123