• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Stoneware with Confidence: What Others Do During Demos

In summary, the test kitchens recommend a little non-stick cooking spray/oil on the small oval stone when using it in recipes in the Stoneware Inspirations book.
pamperedkel
I always talk about stoneware towards the end of my demo (usually after I put whatever it is in the oven.) I think our stoneware is wonderful but I don't know if I'm really getting my point accross. I feel like I could sell more of it if my "bit" on stoneware sounded better. I think the problem is that I stumble on my words a little when I am talking about it. Maybe I am worried I will forget to mention something important. I'd love to hear what exactly people say about stoneware during their demos.

Thanks!
Kelly

I'm new and use the 10 reasons to buy a stone signI haven't memorized the full 10 reasons so I just take my sign and hold it next to me while I hold up my small oval stone and use it to cue me. I sold 3 stones my first opening show! I also explained glazed vs. non glazed. And talk about my own personal experience with it so far!

do you have a copy of that? I've never seen this sign:confused:

Kelly

10 reason to buy stonewareTop 10 Reasons to Buy a Stone

10) Foods Cook Evenly:
What you see on the top is what you see is what you see on the bottom. The pores in the stone allow the heat to travel through you stone and cook your food at the same temperature all over.
9) Extracts Excess Moisture and Pumps in Steam:
No more runny juices in your meats, desserts and specialty recipes like Lasagna. Just the right amount of moisture is absorbed into your stones and expelled leaving you with outstanding results!
8) Three Year Guarantee:
You break it, you get another one for FREE! Just hold onto your receipt and The Pampered Chef will replace your Stone for up to 3 years after your purchase!
7) No Lead Fillers:
The stones are made from 100% clay right here in the U.S. There is no guarantee that stones made out of the country follow the specific guidelines eliminating lead and other fillers (and most of them don’t).
6) NO Pre-Anything:
No pre-heating, pre-soaking, greasing, or flouring necessary. You may take your stone out of the cabinet and use it right away, with less work!
5) Foods Stay Warmer Longer:
Uncovered, a stone will keep a meal hot for about 45 minutes. Cover it with foil to keep hot up to 4 hours!!! Great for bringing hot dishes to dinner parties!
4) All Shapes and Sizes:
Almost everything you use in your oven can be replaced with stone. From Cookie Sheets to Casserole Dishes, we have it all….and better!
3) Restaurant Quality Results:
Whether it’s crispy and flaky or moist and succulent, get ready for oohs and ahhs from your family and friends when they see and taste the results of even the most basic recipes.
2) Easy Cleaning and a Non-Stick Surface
Natural fats and oils from foods are absorbed by the stone, creating a smooth, non-stick surface. To clean, simply run under hot water, scrape off any residue, dry and put away with no soap necessary. Soap does not kill bacteria, hot water does. Soap acts only as a loosening agent and, on stones, it will break down the natural seasoning process. I’d be happy to talk to you more about this.
1. Nothing Ever Burns:
A stone heats to the exact temperature of your oven, stays there and holds the temperature evenly

I sometimes use the top 10 reasons as a game. When I am using stoneware for my demo, I talk about those top 10 things. I tell them before I start that I am going to talk about stoneware and say something like "listen closely because there is going to be a quiz at the end". LOL After I put the stoneware in the oven I talk about a few more things and then I have the guest list the top 10 reasons to own stoneware. I will usually have someone who gets 7 or so. I have only had a tie once. I give them a door prize...generally a citrus peeler or Season's Best...it doesn't have to be expensive.

Shawnna

That is a GREAT list of ten reasons to buy a stone!! I'll have to use it too!!

Thanks for sharing!! :D

Be careful about #6--no pre-anything.

I contacted the test kitchens about this because I was making a recipe in the Stoneware Inspirations book and it said to spray the small oval baker with non-stick cooking spray. I thought we weren't supposed to do that, so I was confused.

What I learned is that on the bakers with sides (small oval, mini, rect baker, etc) you MAY need to spray/oil/grease the stone first to aid in clean release of the foods. So there may be some "pre" work involved. For example, I would never recommend that anyone use the stoneware muffin pan without greasing it first if they are not using paper cups. What a mess they would have!

What are the benefits of using stoneware in the kitchen?

Stoneware is a durable and versatile material that can withstand high temperatures, making it perfect for baking, roasting, and serving food. It also distributes heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked dishes every time. Additionally, stoneware is non-stick and easy to clean, making it a favorite among home cooks.

How do I properly care for my stoneware?

To ensure the longevity of your stoneware, it's important to follow a few simple care instructions. First, always allow your stoneware to cool completely before cleaning. Then, wash it with warm water and a mild soap. Avoid using metal utensils on the surface as it can cause scratches. Lastly, avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware on a cold surface, as it can cause the stoneware to crack.

What is the best way to demonstrate stoneware during a party?

The best way to showcase the benefits of stoneware during a party is to use it in a live cooking demonstration. Show your guests how easy it is to use and how delicious the food turns out. You can also share personal experiences and testimonials from satisfied customers to build confidence in the product.

What should I do if a guest has concerns about using stoneware?

If a guest expresses concerns about using stoneware, it's essential to address their concerns and provide them with information. You can share the benefits and features of stoneware, as well as how to properly care for it. Additionally, you can offer a satisfaction guarantee to reassure them of the quality and effectiveness of the product.

How can I increase sales of stoneware during a Pampered Chef party?

The key to increasing sales of stoneware during a party is to make it an interactive and engaging experience for guests. Encourage them to try out the stoneware and taste the delicious food it produces. Share recipe ideas and offer special deals or discounts on stoneware sets. You can also offer personalized recommendations based on their cooking and baking needs to upsell the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yakmama
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
merego
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pcleah
  • sluna75