• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Raffle Tickets for Open House: Ideas and Advice Needed!

In summary, Chef Bobby is giving away raffle tickets for items at his open house in order to help recoup some of the expenses he incurred.
cookinwithjen
Hello all!

I have posted a similar question here before, but had little response. My open house is in one week so I need some HELP!!

Has anyone ever sold raffle tickets for an item in order to help recoup some out of pocket expenses? For example, Ultimate Mandoline . . .tickets $1 each or 12 for $10, then free tickets for bookings, bringing a friend, outside order, etc.

I am new and I don't want to break any rules but this seemed like a good idea. I appreciate any thoughts!

Have a great day!!!

that sounds like a good idea to me - I'm new as well - and have my OPEN HOUSE in about 2 weeks...and was looking for ways to get my friends and family to come - and a lot of them want the mandolin - so why not - I mean I wouldn't see how it would break any rules - but I guess I'll wait and see if anyone else responds...

I thought it would not only help me recoup some of my out of pocket expense (which has been a lot so far) but it would get people excited about booking, bringing a friend, etc. Hopefully we'll get some expert opinions here!

Hi i am preparing to have an open house and wondered how this worked out for you.

My open house is tomorrrow. And, I never got any answers, so I am thinking that I am not going to do the raffle as I wouldn't want to do anything I wasn't supposed to do.

In past similar questions some consultants have expressed concerns about state laws and raffles etc but they might only apply if you are sellingtickets ... you'd have to check for your local area.
In general, to keep expenses down most consultants choose more affordable prizes. Or they could win free shipping on their order...or you could do mystery host - there is lots of info if you search under files

I don't 'sell' tickets for items. I do raffles at all my open houses and people love it. I usually do a mystery host raffle- whomever's name gets picked, gets all the host benefits! People love it and they start to give each other crap about it! ha ha Also, thats just my drawing slips. I've also done shows where I had extra stock on hand (a small stone, etc.) and so people got tickets for booking shows (10), bringing someone I did NOT know (1-2), an outside order (2), etc. So its worth it....people LOVE free things!!
Oh I've also let people who bring someone i don't know get to go through my prize basket if I'm not doing tickets.

I've done a raffle for a gift basket at a beautishop using a football board. I lost money on the board. It never filled up, but it was great for advertising.
I got three shows and a possible new recruit.

Chef Bobby said:
I've done a raffle for a gift basket at a beautishop using a football board. I lost money on the board. It never filled up, but it was great for advertising.
I got three shows and a possible new recruit.

Hey Chef Bobby - long time no "see". I hope all is going well in your neck of the woods!

So I just had my open house and instead of "selling" raffle tickets for items...I told them that for their first $25 in orders - I'd give them 1 raffle ticket, $50 = 2 raffle tickets, $100= 3 raffle tickets, etc...and then 1 raffle ticket for bringing a friend - and 2 if their friend ordered something...and if they booked a show they got 2 tickets and so on....

I ended up only having about 7 ppl at the show - which were aunts and cousins and such...and orders around $500 - not bad for first show - the show is still open as I have people ordering things thru this weekend...and I raffled off a basket of PC items for Mother's Day valued around 50.00 -

Thanks for all of the answers here. I had a GREAT grand opening - almost $1400 in sales. I gave out raffle tickets for: being on time, bringing a friend, booking a show, asking questions, participation with interactive show, etc.

cookinwithjen said:
Thanks for all of the answers here. I had a GREAT grand opening - almost $1400 in sales. I gave out raffle tickets for: being on time, bringing a friend, booking a show, asking questions, participation with interactive show, etc.

That is an awesome grand opening!! Congrats!:)

Wow!! Thats amazing! Congrats on a great grand opening!
I hope I can at least have half of that at mine - we live in a real small town, were a new family here, and I dont know that many people. So Im really going to be relying on my 4 or 5 friends to bring a guest

1. How do I approach potential customers about buying raffle tickets for the Open House?

When approaching potential customers, it's important to be friendly and enthusiastic. Start by explaining the purpose of the raffle and how their purchase will help support the Open House. You can also highlight some of the prizes and mention that they have a chance to win by purchasing a ticket. Make sure to listen to any questions or concerns they may have and address them accordingly.

2. How many raffle tickets should I aim to sell?

The number of raffle tickets you should aim to sell can vary depending on the size of the event and the number of attendees. A good goal to aim for is to sell at least one ticket per attendee. However, if you are able to sell more, that is even better! Don't be afraid to set a higher goal for yourself.

3. Can I offer discounts or promotions for purchasing multiple raffle tickets?

Yes, you can offer discounts or promotions for purchasing multiple raffle tickets. This can be a great way to encourage customers to buy more tickets and increase your sales. For example, you could offer a discount for purchasing 5 tickets or a free ticket for every 10 purchased.

4. Where should I sell the raffle tickets?

You can sell the raffle tickets in various places, such as at the Open House event itself, through your personal network, or even online. Consider setting up a booth or table at the event, reaching out to friends and family, and utilizing social media to promote and sell the tickets. You can also ask local businesses if they would be willing to sell tickets on your behalf.

5. How can I make the raffle tickets more attractive to potential customers?

One way to make the raffle tickets more attractive is by offering a variety of prizes. This could include a mix of products from Pampered Chef, as well as other popular items or experiences. Additionally, you could create a visually appealing design for the tickets and offer special promotions or discounts for purchasing tickets early. Don't forget to also spread the word about the raffle and the prizes to generate excitement and interest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • sparklechef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • terryteach
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies