• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried selling in multiples?

R
RachelNguyen
I listened to a sales cd recently and one of the suggestions they made was to sell lower priced items in multiples. For example, suggest people buy a set of bamboo tongs for each of their kids to use a chop sticks, PLUS a set for the toaster!

I decided to try this at my show this week and suggested that people need at least 3 handi-scrapers: one for the shower in their bathroom and a couple for the kitchen. Guess what? I sold 3 handi scrapers to someone! LOL.

I am going to think of other things that work in multiples!

Rachel

I would try to do that micro-fiber towels. One for dusting, one for washing winndows, and one for the kitchen. I can not find anything that dusts or washes windows better than these towels. If you have one, take the small batter bowl fill it up with water and the towel will soak up all of the water in the bowl. They are good to if you have little ones around the house that are always making messes since it soaks up so good.

I try not to spend much time on the low priced items, but inevitably someone raves about the quickut paring knives. When they do this, I agree and quickly name the places they need to keep one, the tackle box, the glove box, the desk, the nightstand, the kitchen, the camper, the garage.

Same with citrus peelers, one for each kid, you desk at work, the glove box, etc.

Another way to sell in multiples is to point out the gift giving potential. The bar board and knife is a great, inexpensive gift to have on hand for teachers, bus drivers, dance instructor, soccer coach, etc.

I am sorry Paige Dixon, but I can't stop laughing at your post!!! Maybe I am naive, but what on earth are you doing with a quickut paring knife in your nightstand????? LOL Great ideas everyone!

gilliandanielle said:
I am sorry Paige Dixon, but I can't stop laughing at your post!!! Maybe I am naive, but what on earth are you doing with a quickut paring knife in your nightstand????? LOL Great ideas everyone!

If hubby or myself pulled out one of those from the nightstand the other would have a look of horror! Maybe it's to cut the ropes that might be tied to tight?

What aboutjimmying open the handcuffs when the key gets lost?

::ahem!:: ;) I always tell people they need 3 sugar shakers; 1 for flour, 1 for powdered sugar and 1 for cinnamon sugar. I haven't sold 3 at once yet, but I am noticing that people are adding that on at every show now.

I too suggest the flour/sugar shaker. I have sold these in multiples too.

I also suggest to use the paring knife w/ case as steak knives and I've sold some of those too.

Another great use for the microfiber towel is for drying your hair! I have long hair that really absorbs water, it take forever to dry. I cannot stand using the dryer on it each time I wash it, so I keep a micro towel in the bathroom just for my hair. It works wonders at wicking the moisture out of my hair!Ann

ooh good idea ann :D

My neighbor told me she uses the sugar shakers for flour, powered sugar and cinnamon/sugar mix. I was talking to her about PC and she said she might need to order another one, for her granular sugar. I think that is a great idea to have separate shakers for the different things. I need several myself!

I also push multiples of the flour/sugar shaker. Another one I do is the Spritzer. I have one for olive oil, but olive oil breaks down at higher temperatures and has a lower smoking point. If you cook at high heat, you also need one for canola or peanut oil!

I thought of another: the adjustable scoop! I recommend that they buy a couple and leave them in their cannisters (flour, sugar, rice, etc.) so they don't have to wash as often.

Flour/Sugar Shakers - You need 5Hi all,
I tell people you need at least 5 of these, like I do.

1 for Cin/Sugar
1 for Flour
1 for Powdered Sugar
1 for Cornmeal (Under pizza crusts on stones)
1 for Baking soda (by sink to clean everything)

and if you have a baby, you need another for Baby Powder or Corn startch.

I actually did have one woman at the show I mentioned this at order 5 of them, so I should mention it more!! :p

Lisa

Excellent ideas!!!

I've also heard the flour/sugar shaker works for cocoa powder - a nice fine dusting on top of a cake (use a stencil to make a nice design) also, if you're making a chocolate cake, don't flour the pan - "cocoa" the pan.

That is an awesome idea for chocolate cakes! Sounds delicious!!

First of all, I am still waiting to hear about the knife in the nightstand...

But I recommend several pairs of Kitchen Shears...one for the Kitchen, one for the garden, one for the garage, one for the tackle box...

1. What is the concept behind selling in multiples?

The concept behind selling in multiples is to encourage customers to purchase more than one of a lower priced item, as it can increase overall sales and revenue. By suggesting multiple items, customers perceive that they are getting a better deal and are more likely to make a purchase.

2. Why is it important to suggest multiples to customers?

Suggesting multiples to customers can increase the chances of making a sale, as it appeals to their desire for a good deal. It also allows for the potential of repeat customers, as they may need to purchase more of the same item in the future.

3. What types of items work well as multiples?

Items that are lower priced and have a practical use or everyday functionality tend to work well as multiples. For example, household items like kitchen utensils, cleaning tools, or personal care products can be sold in multiples.

4. How can suggesting multiples benefit the customer?

Suggesting multiples can benefit customers by providing them with a cost-effective solution to their needs. By purchasing multiple items, they may save money in the long run and also have extra items on hand for future use.

5. How can I determine the appropriate number of multiples to suggest?

The appropriate number of multiples to suggest may vary depending on the product and the customer's needs. It is important to consider the practicality and usefulness of the item in multiples, as well as the customer's budget. Conducting market research and experimenting with different suggestions can help determine the most effective number of multiples to suggest for a particular product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pcleah
  • brodys_mama
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
chefann
  • JAE