• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Selling Cookware to Increase Bookings

buy one pan and never have to worry about it again? After I talk about the features of the Sauté Pan, I put it back on the burner, turn it up to medium-high heat, and add the rice krispie treats to the pan. I talk about how the Executive line is non-stick and how you never have to worry about them sticking to the pan. I also talk about how they are easy to clean and how the lifetime warranty is a plus.After a few minutes I turn off the burner, take the Sauté Pan off the stove, and tell everyone to go into the kitchen and get a spoon. I ask them to put the spoon in the pan and tell
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I got this from a fellow Director, Amy Schram. I hope she doesn't mind my sharing it...
Selling Cookware to Get Bookings
Amy Schram, Director, WI 2006

I never thought I would write an article on Selling Cookware – until the Executive Cookware line came out I just couldn’t get people excited about our cookware. I would talk about it here and there and do demos with the cookware, but it was rare that anyone was interested; and if they really wanted it they would have a show and get it at ½ price. That happened about 4 times a year.

However, that all changed when the Executive Cookware was announced. I was really excited about some of the features such as the non-stick on the outside of the pans; and while at Leadership in Atlanta, one of my up-line directors gave me the idea to make mini rice krispie treats in the pans at my shows. I had been looking for a way to increase my cookware sales and that was it. That one tip was worth the entire trip to Atlanta.

Between January 15th & May 31st when I added a 10 minute cookware demo to my shows, I sold almost $8000 worth of cookware (I do 6-7 shows a month). Yes, a lot of it was at ½ price and we did have that great February Host Special with the cookware on special, but I don’t think that in the previous 7 years I even sold $8000 worth of cookware total. Yet I managed to do it in 4 months!. Over $1800 of this was sold at FULL PRICE!! (hmmm, 30% of $1800 is $540 in commission – Yeah!) The rest was from the 60% off special in February or hosts who chose it for ½ price or discount.

In fact 7 shows in March, April and May only booked because they fell in love with the cookware during my demo. Those 7 shows generated $6200 in commissionable sales and 24 bookings. Some of those additional shows have already held and generated more sales and more bookings (many who want the cookware). I would say that the 7-10 minutes I spend at my shows on this is well worth it.

Let me tell you how I started. I received the 1 ½ qt Sauce Pan at Leadership but you can buy one on the supply order for $45 (if you hesitate at the cost, please look at my cookware stats again and think about how much $ I have made doing this). I also received an 8” Sauté Pan in my new consultant kit (those choosing the $65 mini-kit can use some of the Pampered Chef Dollars they earn in their first 90 days to purchase the sauté pan. I bring both of these to my shows.

At home I have a pile of snack sized Ziploc baggies filled with rice krispie cereal (almost any cereal will work) and mini marshmallows. I bring one of each to every show.

When I arrive at my shows I put the Sauce Pan on the stove and ask for a teaspoon of butter/margarine from the host (I pre buy all the rest of my groceries). I put it in the Sauce Pan with a Small Mix N Scraper. I set the Sauté Pan, a Simple Additions Small Square, the baggie of rice krispies, the baggie of marshmallows, and a paper towel from the host next to the stove. I tell the host that at some point we will all get up and go into the kitchen for the cookware demo and at that point I will need her to give me 2 large ice cubes.

I start my show, and at some point I have everyone gather around the stove. I have them watch me put the ice cubes in the Sauté Pan and tell them I will explain those in a few minutes. I also turn on the burner and add the marshmallows to the Sauce Pan. (it doesn’t take long to melt so stir frequently)

I pick up the Sauté Pan with the ice cube and start to talk about the Executive line. My favorite feature is that they put non stick coating on the OUTSIDE of the pan so when you are pouring and it drips down the side you will never have problems cleaning up again.

I also love that we have a lifetime warranty – if anything goes wrong with your cookware PC will replace it. How many of you have bought more than one of the same type of pan in your lifetime? Wouldn’t it have been better to just have it replaced for free? When I was first married someone gave me a cheap fry pan for our wedding and every 6 months the nonstick coating would come off and I'd go get another one. $25, every 6 months for 5 years = $250 for a lousy fry pan. If I would have just bought a good one to start, it would have been much cheaper. Who can relate to that?

I also love how comfortable the handles are – they are covered with silicone to make them more comfortable and cooler. The handles are also riveted to the pan so they won’t come off. Our new cookware is oven save to 400F – lids too! How many of you have ever cooked with glass lids? Once you do you will never go back. Every time you lift a lid to check food, nutrients and heat escape. So you are making the food less healthy and making it take longer to cook by having lids that you can’t see through.

The pans are also reinforced with a titanium alloy. Now some of you might think that is overkill, but we do it for 2 reasons. First we want to help keep your pans from going out of round (then your lids don’t fit!) and second it allows us to make this cookware a thinner gauge. What that means is that the walls of the cookware are thinner than most other cookware and it will allow the cookware to heat faster.

Then I show them that the ice cube in the Sauté Pan is melted and the one on the Square is still big. I dump out the water I then pass around the Sauté Pan and tell them to hold the handle to see how comfortable the grip is and to feel the bottom & sides of the pan – the entire thing will be ice cold. I don’t know the correct terms, but at my shows I call it temperature transference. Whatever temperature (cold or hot) you are trying to make the pan, it makes the whole pan that temperature. So when it’s on the stove, the entire pan will be hot instead of just the part near the heat source which makes for even cooking.

Now the marshmallows will be soft & I add the cereal and walk around with it while I’m stirring it so they can see how it doesn’t stick to the pan. I dump the ice cube on the square in the sink and put the treat on the Square. I then wipe the Sauce Pan out with the paper towel and walk around for everyone to see. They oooh and ahhh.

My past hosts are telling my future hosts about how much they love the cookware and I see the excitement building with groups of customers. The trick to this is doing it at EVERY show. I had several shows where I didn’t sell any cookware and no one was interested in booking for it. But since you don’t know which shows will, and which won’t, do it at every show. I saw the difference within 6 shows. My show average increased and my bookings are up.

Don’t think you have to memorize everything I wrote. When I first started doing this demo I just looked at each part of the pan and talked about it – there is nothing to memorize – just talk about what you are holding in your hand, let them see how it cleans up and you will increase your bookings!!!

Thank you so much for sharing that!!!

Fantastic Carolyn! Thank you. I'm definitely sharing this with my team. :)

Is this from the gal we met in Miami?

I got this from Amy too and am using it at my meeting tonight!

Thanks for the reminder! I did this last year and although I did not sell anywhere near $8000 in cookware:cry:it did help generate some bookings for those interested in cookware.

1. How can selling cookware help increase bookings for Pampered Chef?

Selling cookware can help increase bookings for Pampered Chef because it allows customers to see the quality and functionality of our products firsthand. It also gives them a chance to experience our cooking tools and learn how they can make meal prep easier and more enjoyable. This can lead to a desire to host a party and share the benefits of our products with friends and family.

2. What are some effective ways to sell cookware and generate more bookings?

Some effective ways to sell cookware and generate more bookings include hosting cooking demonstrations or workshops, offering special promotions or discounts, and utilizing social media to showcase our products and engage with potential customers. Additionally, reaching out to past party hosts and offering them incentives to book another party can also help increase bookings.

3. How can I incorporate selling cookware into my parties?

Incorporating selling cookware into parties can be as simple as showcasing our products during the party and having them available for purchase. You can also offer a cooking demonstration using our cookware to show its benefits and encourage guests to purchase. Another option is to have a separate table or area set up specifically for selling cookware, allowing guests to browse and ask questions at their leisure.

4. Are there any tips for successfully selling cookware to increase bookings?

Some tips for successfully selling cookware to increase bookings include knowing your products well and being able to effectively communicate their features and benefits, offering personalized recommendations based on the customer's needs and preferences, and following up with potential customers after the party to encourage them to book their own party or place an order.

5. How can I overcome objections from customers who are hesitant to purchase cookware?

To overcome objections from hesitant customers, it's important to address their concerns and provide reassurance. This can include offering a satisfaction guarantee, showcasing positive reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers, and emphasizing the value and long-term benefits of our high-quality cookware. It's also helpful to offer a variety of price points and payment options to accommodate different budgets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cenouctosturo
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies