• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Your Seller Permit: Do I Need to File or Is It Already Taken Care Of?

In summary, you need to go to your state government and apply for a seller permit. Pampered Chef is not required.
California Girl
Do i have to file for a seller permit or does PC already have it for me, i know in another company i just need to email them for it.
TIA

anyone know?

Have you called HO? I've never heard of a seller permit, but I'm relatively new. I'm guessing that no one is responding because they don't know the answer to your question either.

Seller permits are usually for people who are going door to door. Go down to City Hall and ask. I'm a TX girl and it was not required for this type of business in the cities where I worked/lived. But CA laws could vary fom TX law.

And while you're at City Hall, keep a game face on - you might get someone who <3's Pampered Chef and wants to order :D

I am southern california and have never been asked for one

they dont have them i just called :(
you have to go through your own state government and apply.

California Girl said:
they dont have them i just called :(
you have to go through your own state government and apply.

Is there a specific reason you need it?

I've been selling for 8 years, and this is the first I've heard of it.

I had to apply for a GE license here in Hawaii. I think everything depends on your state, so I would double check with them...

From what I read online, I think you should call HO. I read the information to state that Pampered Chef is the one required to hold the seller's permit.

Now, a business licence is something different. Some municipalities require business licences, and that might be something required of direct sellers. Your local City Hall or similar can tell you if that's necessary.

I called Pampered chef a long time ago to get a tax Id # for vendor shows I never had to show it but I carry it with me .It will come for each state

1. Do I need to file for a seller permit?

Yes, you will need to file for a seller permit if you plan on selling any products as a business. This is required by most states and helps the government track sales tax revenue.

2. How do I file for a seller permit?

Filing for a seller permit can be done through your state's Department of Revenue or Taxation website. You will need to provide basic information about your business and pay a fee, if applicable.

3. Is my seller permit automatically taken care of?

No, you will need to actively file for a seller permit. It is not automatically taken care of when you start a business or register your business with the state.

4. What happens if I don't file for a seller permit?

If you fail to file for a seller permit, you may face penalties and fines from the state. It is important to comply with all necessary permits and licenses to avoid any legal issues.

5. Do I need a separate seller permit for each state I sell in?

Yes, you will need to file for a seller permit in each state that you plan on selling products in. Each state has its own requirements and processes for obtaining a seller permit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adnoel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Pampered Jean
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedalf