• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Fluted Stone Really Worth It? Practical Uses and Recipes Revealed!

In summary, the Fluted Stone is a great tool for cooking cakes and other foods. It is easy to use and looks nice when presented.
pchockeymom
I was just on facebook, someone posted a pix of a chicken baked (like the beercan chicken) in the fluted pan. I have one but it's still in the box. I find it to be a frivelous buy. I won't make meatloaf in it-too weird and I love making mine in the brownie pan and/or the dcb. I also see no reason to make a lava cake in it, perfectly happy with it in the dcb (and have a lid to cover leftovers).

So, what PRACTICAL things can you do with the Fluted Stone that make it worth using/promoting.

I say "practical" because I don't really care that I can make cakes in it-that's just me.

To me, since the DCB came along, I don't see any "practical" purpose for. It's a personal preference thing I think....some people like the fancy stuff. Just my two-cents.

OMG! Bake a cake in it in 13 minutes in the microwave or regular time in oven if you prefer. Make stuffed peppers or meatloaf or bake several potatoes or hang a chicken on the post for a great "rotisserie" chicken or monkey bread/ cinnamon pull-aparts ...so that's a start.I prefer baking cakes in this vs the DCB or Rice Cooker because it comes out so much prettier in this pan.

Yeah, before the DCB, I'd say it was a really great stone to have to do the lava cakes and things, but honestly I prefer the DCB because then I have a lid for the leftovers and it's easy to take places.But really, it's about presentation. I NEVER turn over a DCB for a cake, but loved the nice look of the fluted stone for them. It looks pretty and it's impressive to turn cakes out in front of people because they see how well things release from it, too. Putting things in our pretty platters is nice, too. So it just depends what I'm making things for. If it's for a holiday or a nice gathering, I'd use the fluted stone and then put the cake or whatever on a nice platter, but just for everyday use, I use the DCB.

I brush the sides w ketchup, then in the deeper wells line w strips of peppered bacon. Firmly mash my meatloaf in and when you turn it out after baking fill w mashed potatoes and pour the gravy on top. I have also put a ring of peas or sauteed mushrooms around the base after turning it out on the platterI make rice krispie treats wreath in it , mix M & M's into the cereal Decorate w skittles and a bow made w fruit by the foot and use creative cutters to cut extra fruit rollups to decorate.

I never thought of doing anything except cakes in this, thanks for all the great ideas :) I think I will take mine out of the basement more often now

I got this at a yard sale along with two other stones for $10! There is a youtube video showing a yummy strawberry cake that I'm going to try! Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out. It's not my video. YouTube - Amanda's Pampered Chef Show - June, 2012

There is a Pumpkin Spice cake in the All the Best that you do in the microwave that is VERY good, I have done it at all my shows this month.
Also There is a corn bread turn about that you can do in the fluted stone too.
After the DCB I do use it less but it still has a few uses.

under files put fluted in the search box and you will see many many amazing recipes. My favorite 13 min cake is using a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. OMG it is soooo goed!!!

I'm sorry, I hope this isn't taken the wrong way...but it almost sounds like from your post that you've decided you don't like it without giving it a try. Meatloaf in it is "too weird" and you don't want to bake cakes in it and beer can chicken and other things aren't doing it for you. I guess we each have our favorite products, but I LOVE the fluted pan. It's saved me so many times with options for cakes to take to work or a show. I make the 1 cake mix, 3 egg, 1 can of pie filling cake in 12 minutes in the morning, cooking it in the microwave while I'm in the shower, flip it over, 10 minutes later I lift off the pan after drying my hair and I have a great cake with little fuss. And I use it for meatloaf (after getting used to the shape, I started to love the fact that there were more crispy edges and no soggy middle with overdone outsides (like I often experienced in a loaf pan). I also love the monkey bread. I've also used it to create a really pretty ice ring. But I truly think the best thing is that microwave cake...it comes out beautifully and is much easier (for me) and has better presentation than the DCB cake. I hope you give it a second (or first) chance.

it's also perfect for stuffing we like the "outside part so everyone gets a liitle bit of the edge

Can you please tell me how to make the "rotisserie" chicken please?

In the old Main Dishes cookbook, there was a tamale dish that was really good. Excellent taste, easy to make, and impressive at a taco night potluck.

:chef:I copied it from an old post here:

Tamale Round-About
(Main Dishes Cookbook – page 58)

Filling:
1 ¼ pounds lean (90%) ground beef
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon salt
1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky medium salsa
¼ cup red or green bell pepper or combination of both, chopped

Corn Bread: (Can make 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix instead)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow corn meal
¼ - 1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking power
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
¼ cup vegetable oil
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
Sour Cream (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Generously spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook beef in Large Skillet for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with seasonings. Stir in salsa. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, chop bell pepper using Food Chopper; sprinkle in bottom of pan.
4. For corn bread, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking power and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Add milk, eggs and oil; stir with Mix ‘n Scraper just until dry ingredients are moistened. Shred cheese with the Deluxe Cheese Grater and add.
5. Spread 1 ½ cups of batter evenly over the peppers in the pan using the Skinny Scraper. Top with filling and remaining batter, spreading evenly.
6. Bake 35 – 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Loosen corn bread from the edge and center or the pan with a knife. Invert onto serving plate. Slice into 16 wedges using Slice ‘n Serve. Serve with sour cream, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients Per Serving (2 wedges): Calories 570; fat 32g, sodium 810 mg, dietary fiber 2g

Cook’s Tip: Mild or Hot salsa can be substituted for medium salsa.

Cook’s Tip: Sherbet with Cinnamon Chips would be a perfect desert. To make Cinnamon Chips, lightly spray 4 (7-inch) flour tortillas with water using the Kitchen Spritzer. Sprinkle with combined 1 tablespoon sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges using Pizza Cutter. Bake on flat Baking Stone at 400 F for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.

I know this is a 3 month old post, but wanted to add that I think it's more of an "impress the guests" purchase. This is one of my favorite recipes to make. I altered the original recipe for the Chocolate Velvet Cake with strawberries, mix a devil's food cake as directed, bake in the microwave, then pour a melted tub of icing over the top. Super quick, the guests LOVE it and they know that it's a quick easy recipe that will impress their guests.

Here's one of my hosts holding the one her guests made at her show (I do the fully interactive shows, so THEY did this, not me).

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/185620_191215624232350_5764450_n.jpg

A great cake in 12 minutes in the microwave is enough for my customers.
Search in the recipes section under recipes by product. there are a ton of great recipes for this stone.

What is a Fluted Stone and how does it work?

The Fluted Stone is a versatile baking tool made of stoneware that is designed to evenly distribute heat while baking. The fluted design allows for air to circulate, resulting in perfectly baked goods every time.

Why should I choose the Fluted Stone over other baking tools?

The Fluted Stone is made of natural stoneware, which is known for its ability to retain heat and distribute it evenly. This ensures that your baked goods will cook evenly and have a crispy crust. It also eliminates the need for greasing or oiling the pan, making it a healthier option.

Can the Fluted Stone be used for more than just baking?

Absolutely! The Fluted Stone is not just limited to baking, it can also be used for cooking savory dishes such as casseroles, roasted vegetables, and even bread. Its versatility makes it a must-have in any kitchen.

How do I clean and care for my Fluted Stone?

Cleaning and caring for your Fluted Stone is simple. After each use, let it cool down and then rinse it with warm water. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals as it can damage the natural stoneware. If there are any stubborn stains, you can use a small amount of baking soda and warm water to gently scrub it off. Let it air dry before storing.

Is the Fluted Stone dishwasher safe?

No, the Fluted Stone is not dishwasher safe. Dishwasher detergents can be abrasive and can damage the natural stoneware. It is recommended to hand wash the Fluted Stone for optimal care and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ish
  • TinasKitchen