• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Self-Produced Gift Certificates

In summary, if you sell gift certificates that are redeemable only through you, you can only accept cash or check as payment. If a customer wants to buy more than it's worth, they can pay however they want. You keep track of who purchased them, the date they were redeemed, and the total amount of the order that it was applied to on an Excel Spread sheet.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
If you sell gift certificates you've made yourself and that are redeemable only through you, I'm assuming you can only accept cash or check as payment, correct? What do you do when a customer is buying more from you, plus a GC, and wants to pay with a CC?
And it's a separate service, so to speak, outside of PC. Seems kinda tricky and complicated to keep track of!

I only accept cash or check for gift cards. If the customer wants to buy more than it's worth, they can pay how ever they want. I don't do many right now so it's easy to keep track of but if I ever do more then I'll probably make a Power Point document and keep track by number, name, purchaser and amount.

I always stamp the back of them as well so I know they are not copies.

monique64 said:
I always stamp the back of them as well so I know they are not copies.

Good idea! Maybe an unusual hole punch would be a good idea as an alternative.

Mine are numbered and I keep track of who purchased them or which event I donated them to.

You could explain that the person would not want you holding onto their c.c. info indefinitely (since you wouldn't be able to "pay" for the gift certificate amount until the order was placed for the person to whom the gift certificate is given), then placing a random order without their "knowing" it (even though they'd technically know, just not exactly when).

j&k'smom said:
Mine are numbered and I keep track of who purchased them or which event I donated them to.

I keep the same record, but also record the date redeemed and the total amount of the order that it was applied to. It gives me an idea of whether or not it is worth it. For instance, out of four $25 certificates redeemed, two were for orders over $100, and two were for orders under $25.

I do most of the same as above. Make them very distinguishable, make them unique to me. Numbering, using a special mark or punch is great for that. Use all of them if you want. Then I use an Excel Spread sheet. I also make very sure that the certificate is dated and has an expiration date. I do want to be able to get them out and back as soon as possible so they are not hanging out there forever. Besides, I may forget why I have extra money in my account!

1. How do I purchase a self-produced gift certificate from Pampered Chef?

To purchase a self-produced gift certificate from Pampered Chef, simply go to our website and click on the "Gift Certificates" tab. From there, you can choose the amount you would like to purchase and customize the design of your gift certificate.

2. Can I use a self-produced gift certificate on any Pampered Chef products?

Yes, our self-produced gift certificates can be redeemed for any Pampered Chef products, including cookware, bakeware, and kitchen tools.

3. Do self-produced gift certificates have an expiration date?

No, our self-produced gift certificates do not have an expiration date. They can be redeemed at any time, as long as they have not been previously redeemed.

4. Can I use multiple self-produced gift certificates for one purchase?

Yes, you can use multiple self-produced gift certificates for one purchase. Simply enter the codes for each gift certificate at checkout and the total amount will be deducted from your purchase.

5. Can I return a product purchased with a self-produced gift certificate?

Yes, you can return a product purchased with a self-produced gift certificate for a refund. The refund will be issued in the form of a new gift certificate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service