• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Advice From Those Who Have Left Pampered Chef Behind!

tempted by 31 recently because it seems to have exploded in my area and everyone is willing to have a 31 party (and very few want another pc party). However, you can only have so many bags before they lose their appeal. IMO.
kcmckay
Gold Member
So I've been at a stall for months now with PC and can't seem to break out of it. I've been here before but was always able to renew my love and get back into it. However, nothing seems to be working this time. Fall Launch was a disapointment and didn't get me motivated like most home office trainings do.

My "Director" (quotes for sake of her having trouble keeping requirements with getting everyone to submit each month) had a meeting last week and I tried to stay positive and come up with a game plan that I've worked on but my desire is still kind of nil.

I had expressed interest in past of trying another DS company as well. I have thought of it before and starting to think that maybe I've run my course with Pampered Chef and I need something new to rejuvinate my drive. I am meeting with my consultant this week to talk more seriously about there opportunity to see if it's right for me. I actually inquired about this the first time I had a party. Oh the company is The Traveling Vineyard.

So sorry such a long explanation but wanted to give background of where I'm at. I'm just curious if there is anyone that left for something else that regretted it in the long run. I know I can stick with both in the beginning but I don't want one to hurt over the other. So any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

First off, good for you for being honest with yourself and for trying to stay positive. Before you take on something new, I would suggest you first go back and examine your "Why". Why did you start your PC business in the first place? Did your "Why" change over the years? What other "Why's" came into play? Then think about what it is that is taking away from your zing. Is it a lack of business? Is it the lack of direction from your director? Is it a lack of enthusiasm as a whole from the entire team? From PC home office? The products? The process of booking/holding shows? The time you invest/or lack of time, thus lack of business? Then consider what it would take to re-ignite your fire. Are they things that YOU control? Or, is it a company thing that you can't control?

Next I would have a list of questions, based on your loves & struggles with PC, to present to the new d.s. company rep. Will you face the same challenges you currently face with your PC business? What do they offer that PC does not? And, of course, vice versa!

Once you have these answers, do a comparison. Truly analyze both options and decide, based on which one will truly fulfill your "Why". But, as you mentioned, pick ONE. Put all your efforts, excitement, time, and commitment into doing the best you can at ONE. Then host shows for someone for the other.

I agree with pchockeymom.

WHY are you not motivated? WHY can't you seem to get your business moving?

Some things won't change with a new company.

Also, keep in mind another company may not be as "good to work for" as PC. I think we all expect a certain level from PC, and most of the time, they deliver. I think there may be things that we take for granted with PC and their support.

My director's husband used to do traveling vineyard. He liked it but they said they never made any money because it all went to the wine. Not sure if that was wine for shows or personal consumption. Anyway, she now does a pampered chef wine tasting show. Maybe a theme show option like that would jump start your motivation. She makes a brie for the demo and has guests bring a bottle of wine for the tasting. Then the guest pick the winning wine and she gives a prize ($5-$10 item). She has been hitting it out of the park with these shows. Her husband does help her since he has the wine experience but with a helpful host you could do this show by yourself. Just an idea if the wine is the thing making it sound more interesting. I was tempted by 31 recently because it seems to have exploded in my area and everyone is willing to have a 31 party (and very few want another pc party). But you can only have so many bags before they lose their appeal. IMO. Sticking to PC because everyone eats. :)

I was a consultant for The Traveling Vineyard a couple of years ago. I loved it and had a lot of fun doing it, but didn't make money. I had to buy the wine to take with me to shows with the hopes I would make it back after the sales were final. I just couldn't keep pre-paying for all the supplies. It might be different now, but I am much happier with The Pampered Chef. Good luck in your decisions ahead!!:)

I appreciate all of your feedback and I met with my TTV consultant last night. And she knows that I'm trying to choose one over the other and is not pressuring me at all. Honestly she could have been super pushy since we met, because I did inquire about their business opportunity without prompting at my first hosted event. She mentioned it but never thrust it at me.

The fact that I considered it before even having my first party and made a passing mention to a friend that this would be the only company that could steal me from PC! I haven't made my mind up fully yet, but I'm leaning towards a high scale of maybe on TTV.

My biggest fear is letting my upline know that I'm leaving. I mentioned it to her in the past that I had thought about it, but of course and with good reason she did her best to steer me to stay with PC.

I just think I'm ready for something new and I appreciate the fact that it's a still growing company and doesn't have the consultant saturation that other companies do.

I know many say PC isn't saturated and I agree to some point, but in my area, it seems to be somewhat saturated and I just feel I could do better with TTV. So I guess I may have made up my mind after as I seem to be realizing with this post. But I'm still going to think for a bit and not make a rash decision.

You do have 6 months of inactive status with PC before no longer being a PC consultant. You could try the TTV during that time and see. If you like it, and do the business you want, let your PC status expire. If you dont, just get back on with your PC business again.Good luck!

First, I would definitely host one of these shows in your own home first. If your friends and family/past hosts, the people you'll be asking to host for you - are not enthusiastic you may have a hard time getting started and as we all know, those first 4-6 shows are all important.

Second, based on what you've heard, ask the consultant to carefully detail (at a later meeting with her) what your show cost her and what she made. That way you can have a much clearer picture of the financial side of this company.

OOps - sorry I guesss I missed that you already had a party for her. Ask to see how the financial side of it worked.

1. What are some common reasons people leave Pampered Chef?

There are a variety of reasons why someone may choose to leave Pampered Chef. Some may find that the business model is not the right fit for them, while others may have other priorities in their life that take precedence. Some may also leave due to personal circumstances or career changes.

2. How can I ensure a smooth transition if I decide to leave Pampered Chef?

If you have made the decision to leave Pampered Chef, it is important to communicate with your team and customers to ensure a smooth transition. You can offer to help your team members find new consultants to work with and provide your customers with information on how to continue purchasing their favorite products.

3. Can I still purchase Pampered Chef products after I leave?

Yes, you can still purchase Pampered Chef products even after you have left the company. You can either purchase directly from a current consultant or through the Pampered Chef website as a retail customer.

4. What happens to my business and team if I leave Pampered Chef?

If you decide to leave Pampered Chef, you have the option to transfer your business and team to another consultant. You can work with your upline or the Pampered Chef support team to facilitate this transfer. Alternatively, you can choose to close your business and your team members can find new consultants to work with.

5. Is there any support available for those who have left Pampered Chef?

Yes, there is a community of former Pampered Chef consultants who offer support and advice for those who have left the company. You can also stay connected with your former team members and continue to attend Pampered Chef events and trainings if you wish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy