• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Blue Angels Fighter Jet Birthday Cake: A Fun and Challenging Project

In summary, Linda made DS's birthday cake and it was a Blue Angels Fighter Jet. She took most of the day to make it and DS said it was pretty awesome. He was disappointed that she didn't have it up on a stand like the display models. OMG.....that looks awesome Linda!!! Great job!
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I made DS's birthday cake! It's a Blue Angels Fighter Jet.

Took me most of the day (it was much more labor intensive than I was expecting it to be)

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/001-4.jpg

WOW - that is soo cool!!!
Did he like it?

Crystal Patton said:
WOW - that is soo cool!!!
Did he like it?

Yes - he said it was pretty awesome (his word to describe everything that he likes). He was disappointed that I didn't have it up on a stand though (like the display models)

OMG.....that looks awesome Linda!!! Great job!

Too cool! Nice work!

Wow, that does look awesome! My kids are 11 and 20 and I loved when I made my son power ranger cake when he was 6!

Great job, Linda!

That is awesome!! WTG mom~~

pretty cool mom,
I agree it would have been so much better upright on a stand. :)

I hope he doesn't try to launch the candles toward the dog! ;)Great job, Linda! Now he can tell all his friends he had a plane birthday cake this year.

What talent you have, Linda. Awesome cake!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I hope he doesn't try to launch the candles toward the dog! ;)

Great job, Linda! Now he can tell all his friends he had a plane birthday cake this year.

I thought about inserting sparklers instead of candles, but decided that might be a little too close to the cake board :rolleyes: It would look really cool though.

That is soo Cool Linda! I love it! I wish I had the artistic talent to create a sweet cake for my DDs! Nice Job!

WOW! That is Awesome!!! :D

Awesome job! I love how you did the candles.

Nice work Linda, I love it.

Linda, that is an AWESOME cake! I also love how you did the candles! I hope you're proud of how it came out, it is really great (I know sometimes I'm not sure if things will come out exactly as I have them in my mind, LOL!).

That's awesome Linda. It looks great!!!:balloon:

I always get sad when it comes time to cut them.:cry:

kaseydee said:
Awesome job! I love how you did the candles.

Thanks - here's the picture with them lit, just as he was blowing them out. I started to use the re-lighting candles, but thought that might cause a fire hazzard.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/024.jpg

AnnieBee said:
Linda, that is an AWESOME cake! I also love how you did the candles! I hope you're proud of how it came out, it is really great (I know sometimes I'm not sure if things will come out exactly as I have them in my mind, LOL!).

Thanks Annie. I'm proud of it (but yes, in my mind it was better - don't know why I 'think' I can decorate like Duff! :eek:)

What an awesome cake, Linda. You did an amazing job!

Great job Linda!!!

WOW guess you wouldn't be doing that at a show !!!

Wow Linda that is an awesome cake!

Linda, that is so amazing! The placement of the candles was perfect, and it looks so cool when they're lit!

I don't know how it looked in your mind, but I can't imagine any part of it being any better.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks Annie. I'm proud of it (but yes, in my mind it was better - don't know why I 'think' I can decorate like Duff! :eek:)

The cake is great!!

I have that same problem too. I saw the gumball machine cake they made, and I am already thinking of ways to use the batter bowls, bake the cake, turn them upside down use a fish bowl and make a gumball machine cake... I just need an occasion to make it!! I made a princess doll cake for a friends birthday and asked my 3 year old what she thought, she said "oh mom that is beautiful- can I have one?" We should start an I want to be like Duff group. :)

Great job Linda!

Linda, your cake is amazing. I can't imagine it looking any better than it does. A job well done, Mom!

It does look even cooler with the candles lit! :)

I'm glad you liked the recipe (and it's so easy too!). I know I will be using it again and again!

Very cool - looks great with the lit candles!

Wow!!! Great job on the cake!

Fabulous cake Linda!!!! That is so cool! :)

1. How did you make the Blue Angels Fighter Jet cake?

The Blue Angels Fighter Jet cake was made using a combination of cake carving, fondant, and food coloring. I first baked a rectangular cake and then carved it into the shape of a fighter jet. I then covered it in blue fondant and added details with white fondant and food coloring.

2. How long did it take to make the cake?

The cake took most of the day to make. It was a more labor-intensive project than I originally anticipated. The cake carving and fondant work took the majority of the time, but it was definitely worth the effort for the final result!

3. Where did you get the idea for the Blue Angels Fighter Jet cake?

I got the idea for the cake from my son's love of airplanes and his fascination with the Blue Angels. I wanted to create a special and unique birthday cake for him, and the Blue Angels Fighter Jet cake seemed like the perfect fit.

4. What kind of cake and frosting did you use?

I used a basic vanilla cake recipe and tinted the batter blue before baking. For the frosting, I used a simple buttercream recipe and added blue food coloring to match the color of the cake. I find that buttercream works best for decorating and adding details to fondant cakes.

5. Did you encounter any challenges while making the cake?

Yes, there were definitely some challenges while making the cake. The most challenging part was getting the fondant to stick to the cake without tearing or wrinkling. It took some practice and patience, but eventually, I was able to get it to cover the cake smoothly. Another challenge was getting the details just right, but with some careful cutting and shaping, I was able to achieve the desired look.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
toniascookin
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
momoftwins
  • pamperedlinda