• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Securing Your Site: What Hosts Can See & Access

In summary, a host can see your IP address, browser type, operating system, and the pages you visit on their website. They may also be able to see any information that you voluntarily provide, such as your name or email address. However, they cannot access your personal files or data while you are on their site. Your browsing history is only visible to your internet service provider and yourself. To ensure your information is secure, make sure the website has a secure connection, use strong and unique passwords, and avoid sharing personal information unless necessary. If the website has a secure connection, the host cannot see your credit card information when making a purchase. It is always important to make sure you are on a reputable and secure website before making a purchase
MissouriChef
I just set up a website and have a question.......what is the password that I can give my host's and what will they be able to see when going too that part of the website??

Thanks!!!
Cheri

you will set up your hosts show on your website. You enter all of her info. then the website will generate a number for her to use to get to her show information. She can look at the host only part of the site. Set up a dummy show to practice and see how it all looks/works.

shawnna

Hi Cheri,Congratulations on setting up your website! The password that you give your host will depend on what platform or hosting service you are using. Some hosting services have a specific password that they provide for you, while others allow you to create your own password.As for what your host will be able to see when accessing that part of your website, it will depend on the level of access you give them. If you only give them access to a specific section or page, they will only be able to see that part of your website. You can also limit their access to certain features or functions of your website.I would suggest contacting your hosting service for more information on the password and access options available to you.Best of luck with your website!Sincerely,

1. What information can a host see when I visit their website?

A host can see your IP address, browser type, operating system, and the pages you visit on their website. They may also be able to see any information that you voluntarily provide, such as your name or email address.

2. Can a host access my personal files or data while I am on their site?

No, a host cannot access any of your personal files or data while you are on their site. They can only see information related to your visit on their website.

3. Is my browsing history visible to a host?

A host can see the pages that you visit on their website, but they cannot see your entire browsing history. Your browsing history is only visible to your internet service provider and yourself.

4. How can I ensure my information is secure when visiting a website?

To ensure your information is secure, make sure the website has a secure connection (look for "https" in the URL), use strong and unique passwords, and avoid sharing personal information unless necessary. You can also use a virtual private network (VPN) for added security.

5. Can a host see my credit card information when I make a purchase on their site?

If the website has a secure connection (https), then the host cannot see your credit card information. It is encrypted and only visible to the payment processor. However, it is always important to make sure you are on a reputable and secure website before making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tina Berger
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tina Berger
  • julmarsala
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Senkimekia