• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Secrets: Stay Ahead of the Game with Insider Info

If you are in Wave 2 or 3 and can't go to conference, it is still possible to get some great tips and information by watching taped sessions, borrowing materials, or taking online courses.
Update
whiteyteresa said:
I told you all that I was going to the NC this year (my 1st year) with my husband and daughter, we were taking a road trip. Well things were going great, we planned everything, including saving money staying with my husband friend in Chicage that he hasn't seen in about 25 years. Well we left a couple days earlier than excepted so that we could enjoy a few more stops before we got to Chicago

Well the first two days were great and my daughter was so excited about each stop we made and sometimes she didn't want to leave that stop. We told her that the next stop would be fun too so then she would say 'Okay - let's getting going to the next place'

Well then Monday night we stopped at this little dinner and had supper about 5:30 pm, we when went sightseeing there, Our motel that we were suppose to stay out were about another hour away but we never made it there. Lucy (my daughter) said that she was not feeling very well, so we stopped to get something to drink - gingerale. Well no soon as stopping there she really got sick - and I do mean got sick. Then we found a place to stay there in that small town - very nice place - and then about 10pm guess what - I got sick and I do mean sick. By the next morning, Tuesday, my husband had to ask the motel clerk where we could see a walk in clinic because me and Lucy didn't look very well. (I was still looking on here for updates - I am hooked so much to this website if you haven't noticed) Well Lucy and I went yesterday they said we had food poisoning - we ate chicken and my husband had a meatloaf dinner. We both were in this small clinic for about 10 hours - we had to have IV's because of being so sick and it was so hot they thought we were about suffer from dehydration (???) got out last night about 11:15pm called my sister to give her an update about the situation and she said that my dad is sick and is refusing to go to the hospital. So guess what - we are some what rested and are heading back home - this will be my last post until we get home. (on the way up here whenever we stopped I tried my wireless internet and sometimes it worked great) but this time I am going to rest and sleep as much as possible. This really took the fun out of this vacation for the family. Please send me all the updates as possible - about Paige and Conference - and I will check them when I get back home.

Thanks for listening to this I know it was long. Now I have to contact my director and tell her that I won't be there at NC - ouch.

Thanks

~

My family and me got home last night about 9:30pm

Dad is doing better - it wasn't that he was sick (that is what I thought she told me) he fell and busted his arm up. At the time I wrote this I thought that he was at home but actually he was at my sisters house. I must have been really sick because I got all the info wrong. After getting to my sister's house, I brought dad back home with me (my sister and I live about 85 miles apart and I have lived with my dad since this past Nov to help take care of him - my mom died almost 4 years ago - I wasn't there when he really needed me this time) Lucy saw her doctor first thing this morning and will have test done Monday on her throat- she is having some problems and the doctor wants everything checked out and for me - my doctor wants me to stay on a liquid diet until Tuesday. My husband has been great and now is resting since he is the one that has done everything for me and Lucy, driving, phone calls, etc. He really deserves his rest now.

Now I have to call my director tomorrow and see if she is upset/mad with me for not making it to the conference. My husband left her a voice mail but haven't heard from her yet. She is due home either late tonight or tomorrow morning - our cluster is to meet at Pizza Hut on Sunday for all the news but there is no way that I am going there. So I will see if she is still talking with me or even friends.

Well off to check on Lucy and take a nap real quick but keep me posted on all the good stuff

Thanks for listening

Don't call your director to see if she is mad at you. Call to inform her of the situation, but you don't need to apologize for the way life happens. If she isn't your friend anymore that's just immature and ridiculous. You don't need a friend like that anyway. She probably isn't upset. She probably just hasn't had time to think much about it because conference is busy and more busy.

My director is a very nice person but she wanted me to fly with her and two other consultants but I have never been on a plane before plus with the limited money we have and I wanted to spend what money I did save on the whole family - we were going to stay in a hotel but my husband friend said that we could stay with them and they live about 15 minutes out of chicago - the wife was a customer service representative and he worked in the warehouse at Pampered Chef - that is how they met - they both retired about 8 years ago.
The way I had things planned sounded good but we know how that ended

So I think she will tell me that this would have never happen if I would have just went on the plane and have a different family vacation later.

Will see what happens later.

Thanks again

~

Add me to the list please

Teresa,Remember that if you registered and were unable to attend, you can STILL cancel and get all but $50 refunded. This is unless you had someone pick up your bag and such.So sorry to hear how sick all of you got. Did you know that wine actually lessens the likelihood of food poisoning? Silly fact. Wish I liked it! I hope that you feel better soon.

Thanks - I will check into this

~

Would someone whose attended conference please forward me a copy of the email that you've sent out with NEWS! Thank you so much.

chefann said:
Just sent you a note. :)

Ann, Please spoil me. I didn't get to go to conference and won't be able to attend my next cluster meeting... [email protected]

Sorry I haven't gotten to you ladies - I'm on my other computer this morning and don't feel like re-typing the "teaser" I put together. I'll send this afternoon or evening.

anyone have any pictures of the new products yet? I really want to see the new stuff

I just sent out a bunch of notes...
Is you still haven't gotten a Teaser and want one, let me know.

Ann

I haven't gotten anything from you but I did get something from Trish on July 12th

That's it, so please send me stuff

I am to have a meeting tonight with my director at Pizza Hut so she can tell everyone what's up but after what happen to be on the way to NC - there is no way that I can be around the smell of food. (she seems a little upset right now - understands why I didn't show up but still a little upset)

Thanks for any info

~

chefjwr said:
I made the tasy treat. Yummy! I even used the low fat can of stuff. So easy.
OMG!!!!! I made these just a little while ago (didn't get a chance to yesterday). They are to die for!!!!!! I made half of them with one and the other half with the other you know "what". I froze half of them unbaked so next week I will thaw and bake them and let you all know how they turn out.

YUMMY!!!

Thanks Ann

And I agree about the special for March

Teresa

sent, sent, sent... :)

Thanks Ann for sharing. I can sleep a little better now and not be going as crazy. But....I have heard some things about a yummy easy recipe, can someone send it to me too?:D Thanks

I would love the info about conference as well, Ann.
Thanks!!!

i would love in on it too. my director is MIA and i didn't get to go because my husband deployed to iraq, so i am sitting here just dying to know. i got to go last year and i hate waiting. what did i miss? someone send me a pm before i burst!

I would like info also Ann.

infoAnn if possible, i would like the info too. Please

I just PM'd: catson, pampered_rae, sburnside and astavnes. tina_rn, I got an error message trying to PM you.

okay-I can't be patient anymore-me too-please!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Ann!

BTW- those who have received it can verify that what I'm sending is a teaser. It only mentions a couple of specifics, and then some general notes. I don't want to get in trouble for blabbing all the good stuff. :)

Please add us too....

All the announcements are now public. You can access them in the Conference 2007 area - the "big" threads have yellow triangle icons. There's one with announcements, one with sell-a-thon levels, and one with theme show recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Maragib
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Becky0216