• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Secrets: Stay Ahead of the Game with Insider Info

If you are in Wave 2 or 3 and can't go to conference, it is still possible to get some great tips and information by watching taped sessions, borrowing materials, or taking online courses.
prnces515 said:
Arranged marriages are always legal if YOUR the parent paying or the wedding! ROFLOL....at least that is what I think..........Well He is a sweet heart. Best on eof my bunch.

Well nice to meet you my new best friend for the next... whadda ya say 20-23 years??? And then some. I mean mother-in-laws do have to get a long right!!!

Be_pampered said:
Arranged marriages are still legal aren't they??? ROFLOL!!!

My dad picked out my husband for me! It's been so successful that I
told him he could pick out mates for my 2 kids. For some reason they
objected when I told them!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
My dad picked out my husband for me! It's been so successful that I
told him he could pick out mates for my 2 kids. For some reason they
objected when I told them!!

Too cute Bev. Seriously I would be so elated to have a son-in-law named Jaxon!! I can't imagine why your kids would object I mean as parents don't we always have the best of intentions!! And their best interests in mind :D

Hopefully this "off topic" posting brought a few smiles your way :)

Stampaholic1961 said:
I guess I'm just touchy today. It's the anniversary of the death of a very special little boy & I'm just in a mood!
No need to explain-we all have those moments! I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

AMEN....I think we should get along just fine as long as you understand that my son is the ONLY choice for your wonderful daughter! and that he walks on water! ROFLOL.....Seriously, I agree that mother-in-laws do need to work hard at getting along. It makes for such a horrible time if they don't. So lets make a pact here on Chefsuccess, that we vow to always get along and no matter what take your daughters side, because reality is if I don't, my son will not talk to me or let me see their children! ROFLOL ROFLOL ROFLOL **disclaimer, this does not mean that i do this to my current monster-in-law in ANY way shape or form***

prnces515 said:
**disclaimer, this does not mean that i do this to my current monster-in-law in ANY way shape or form***

That's just too funny!!!:D

New products?!?!Hi All,
I would love to hear about the new products, too. I went to conference the last two years but this year my husband is deployed and we have a 7 month old baby, so I can't go!
I'm new to this whole group thing so I'm not sure how you get in touch with me... but I'll check back!

Thanks
Pam :)

Please add me too!Please add me to your list. I can't go to conference, and Im too nosy to wait. :p My email is [[email protected]]
Thanks!

I wanna be on the list too!! I can't wait until Monday to find out at our cluster meeting...PLEASE TELL ME!!

[email protected]

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I'd be willing to bribe anyone!!

You topic organizers are no fun! :) you take a perfectly hijacked topic and bring it back to the original topic....:(

I say re-hijack then....hmmm what to say that's completely off topic? OOOHH!! I know! Don't ever try to hard boil an egg in your microwave...it make bad noises!! ha ha

chefmeg said:
I do however feel that there were some folks feeling that they were "owed" some responses from those who have gone or are at Conference now. That was what set me off.

That's exactly why I posted what I did as well, Meg.

Also, think about how deflated your director will feel when he/she calls you to share or he/she plans your post conference cluster meeting but the surprise is all gone because you found out here already.

ElizabethPurvis said:
I say re-hijack then....hmmm what to say that's completely off topic? OOOHH!! I know! Don't ever try to hard boil an egg in your microwave...it make bad noises!! ha ha

That's so good, you should start working in planes!! (if you don't get this then just laugh at me):rolleyes:

I would like to be on this list too please. I would normally be in wave one but have been unable to go for the last 2 years
my email is [email protected]

Didn't get to go to wave 1 due to my nasty-day-job. Would appreciate any info on announcements, new products, and discontinued products!
[email protected]

ElizabethPurvis said:

Hijack of the re-hijack...

Mykids got toys from McDonald's Happy Meals at lunch today... pull a zip cord and it launches a wheel that rolls across the floor. Since my are truely boys, within minutes the were "shooting" at each other with the zip cords. Then the oldest started complaining that the younger one had picked up a coaster and started shooting at him with it! Not sure why he picked a coaster, but the oldest said that was "against the rules"... what rules, you ask... I HAVE NO IDEA!

Anyone up for hijacking this the third time?

DebbieJ said:
That's exactly why I posted what I did as well, Meg.

Also, think about how deflated your director will feel when he/she calls you to share or he/she plans your post conference cluster meeting but the surprise is all gone because you found out here already.

I don't have to worry about that, my director never calls. I haven't heard from her since last fall. I live 1 1/2 hours away so I don't make it to cluster very often. I usually go for sure when the new products come out. I even send emails to ask her questions and to tell her I had my baby and never get replies. I am one of her top sellers and I don't even get a thank you or good job. I so wish I could change directors, she never gives incentives at least not in the last 3 years that I have been selling. So, I don't feel bad at all, plus you can always look it all up on the website next week after wave 3.

cookinmama said:
I live 1 1/2 hours away so I don't make it to cluster very often.

Why don't you ask for hospitality closer to your home?

cookinmama said:
I don't have to worry about that, my director never calls. I haven't heard from her since last fall. I live 1 1/2 hours away so I don't make it to cluster very often. I usually go for sure when the new products come out. I even send emails to ask her questions and to tell her I had my baby and never get replies. I am one of her top sellers and I don't even get a thank you or good job. I so wish I could change directors, she never gives incentives at least not in the last 3 years that I have been selling. So, I don't feel bad at all, plus you can always look it all up on the website next week after wave 3.

I call in to my meetings. Last year my director just said, I know Jennifer already knows some of this. She was not bothered at all. She picked me up copies of stuff to mail to me too.

katie0128 said:
Hijack of the re-hijack...

Mykids got toys from McDonald's Happy Meals at lunch today... pull a zip cord and it launches a wheel that rolls across the floor. Since my are truely boys, within minutes the were "shooting" at each other with the zip cords. Then the oldest started complaining that the younger one had picked up a coaster and started shooting at him with it! Not sure why he picked a coaster, but the oldest said that was "against the rules"... what rules, you ask... I HAVE NO IDEA!

Anyone up for hijacking this the third time?

My son got that same toy over the weekend. Isn't that the dumbest thing?

Wait for the surprise if you are going. It will make conference so much more fun. Did anyone go to Navy Pier?? Can you share photos with me?

Ok, I know it's wrong, but like so many others I was unable to go to conference. I would love to be on "the list"!!! I promise to keep the person providing info on the DL!! please send me some exciting news asap! Thanks a million:) [email protected]

DebbieJ said:
Why don't you ask for hospitality closer to your home?

The closest director to me is 20 mins away which is great but she has her cluster meetings farther south at a hotel which is about 15-20 mins away from my directors house, so it really doesn't save me any time.

jrstephens said:
My son got that same toy over the weekend. Isn't that the dumbest thing?
Mine too -- My son kept getting mad b/c he would lose the wheel under the table everytime he pulled the cord! lol I don't remember him bringing it in the house, so I'm sure it's somewhere in my car now :)

I would love to know what your conference has got as I'm form Canada. My email is [email protected] .

chefmeg said:
For those of you not going to Conference, you are not being "penalized" by not knowing the details that we learn at Conference. It is a committment to go and you either choose not to, or you go-regardless of the reasons you may come up with. I have seen many a person on crutches, in wheelchairs, several with no hair from chemo treatments...
if it is finanacial-do more shows, hold a yard sale every month or even every week. People have gotten very creative to bring the costs down.
One way I tell my team about the importance of Conference is this:
Doris holds ONE meeting for all consultants each year....are you going to miss HER meeting???? I am grateful for the folks that are in Wave 1 and now Wave 2 that have not spilled the beans about anything! It is really not fair to those of us that have made the committment to go for anyone to know what is new or restyled or retiring or ANYTHING before we do. The one and only year I missed Conference, I didn't expect anyone to share the info with me-that is just plain wrong. You'll have all that info as soon as Wave 3 is over.

I know this will pi$$ some folks off and I don't mean for it to but I am hearing some whining coming through the typing and you all are grown ups and need to build that bridge to get over it.

A little harsh there, Meg, if you ask me. Of course, the reason I "came up with" had to do with my husband being rushed to the hospital and having emergency open-heart surgery the day before I was scheduled to leave.

Sometimes the reason we come up with isn't just something we make up, or a rationalization. Sometimes it's a matter of priorities that can't be solved with babysitters, yard sales, walkers, wheelchairs, or crutches.

cooking.with.ann said:
A little harsh there, Meg, if you ask me. Of course, the reason I "came up with" had to do with my husband being rushed to the hospital and having emergency open-heart surgery the day before I was scheduled to leave.

Sometimes the reason we come up with isn't just something we make up, or a rationalization. Sometimes it's a matter of priorities that can't be solved with babysitters, yard sales, walkers, wheelchairs, or crutches.

I was able to go this yr.....but I remember 2004, when I had a premature baby who was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, just a few days before conference........so that was my "excuse". NOTHING - and I mean NOTHING is a higher priority than my family, and to put them first is a much higher calling than to make a commitment to conference. I have a strong commitment to my business - but that commitment is completely hinged on the fact that I chose this business because I can arrange it around my larger commitment to my family. In 2004, I was very grateful for the person who gave me some good news from conference - I needed some good news.
Sitting in the last session, Doris specifically asked us to keep things quiet so as NOT TO SPOIL THE SURPRISE FOR WAVES 2 & 3. That was it. And I'm honoring that by not publicly posting any surprises.

cooking.with.ann said:

I was able to go this yr.....but I remember 2004, when I had a premature baby who was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, just a few days before conference........so that was my "excuse". NOTHING - and I mean NOTHING is a higher priority than my family, and to put them first is a much higher calling than to make a commitment to conference. I have a strong commitment to my business - but that commitment is completely hinged on the fact that I chose this business because I can arrange it around my larger commitment to my family.

In 2004, I was very grateful for the person who gave me some good news from conference - I needed some good news.

Sitting in the last session, Doris specifically asked us to keep things quiet so as NOT TO SPOIL THE SURPRISE FOR WAVES 2 & 3. That was it. And I'm honoring that by not publicly posting any surprises.

hmmm, guess I felt so strongly, it posted 2 times for me!:rolleyes: oops!

Look at title of thread
cookn' katie said:
I know that you can't post anything on here about the gossip from conference but is there anyone out there who is emailing all the new stuff after they hear it? I am in wave 3 and hate that all of you Wave 1 and 2'ers will know everything before me. Add me to your list!!!
[email protected]
Thanks in advance!!! katie

I think it is funny that this much hubbub has been made on the subject. Not one person has asked for a posting of conference secrets that I have seen but they have asked for personel e-mails. Who are anyone of us to judge. This happens every year and every year the same things happen. So those of us who can't go get to find out big whoop. Get over it. Sorry if that sounds harsh and I know I will probable get some negative response but so be it. And thank you by the way to all the people who are willing to send out those PERSONAL emails to all to keep us in the loop. :eek:)

smarteez2 said:
I think it is funny that this much hubbub has been made on the subject. Not one person has asked for a posting of conference secrets that I have seen but they have asked for personel e-mails. Who are anyone of us to judge. This happens every year and every year the same things happen. So those of us who can't go get to find out big whoop. Get over it. Sorry if that sounds harsh and I know I will probable get some negative response but so be it. And thank you by the way to all the people who are willing to send out those PERSONAL emails to all to keep us in the loop. :eek:)

I couldn't agree more :)

smarteez2 said:

Okay, so now I want to put my 2 cents in here again. Coming from someone who didn't go to conference last year, but found out about the new stuff on here before our next cluster meeting, I have to tell you that it was kind of a bummer at my cluster meeting when my director was talking about everything new, and the whole cluster was oohing and aahing, but I already knew, so there was no big surprise. My opinion is that if Doris asks everyone NOT to tell anyone until after Wave 3, then everyone should honor that request. She wasn't talking to the cheffers here...she was talking to everyone. If you can't wait for a few more days, then you are the one with the problem. People who have no access to wave 1-ers and wave 2-ers, and aren't members here have to wait for the info, as should all of you who didn't go to conference.

Think about this once...if YOU were the founder of a major successful business, and you were talking about new things and asked all of YOUR people to not tell anyone, and they did anyway, wouldn't you be disappointed? Finding out the new stuff is a reward for those who attend conference. If you can't go, then you should have to wait until after conference is over.

Now, I'm sure I'm gonna catch hell for this posting, but I really don't care. That's what is SO GREAT about this place! Everyone has different opinions!

Cluster meeting tomorrow and although I already received SOME spoiler information on here I am very excited...Especially since I have two potentials coming...YAY!

pcchris said:
Okay, so now I want to put my 2 cents in here again. Coming from someone who didn't go to conference last year, but found out about the new stuff on here before our next cluster meeting, I have to tell you that it was kind of a bummer at my cluster meeting when my director was talking about everything new, and the whole cluster was oohing and aahing, but I already knew, so there was no big surprise. My opinion is that if Doris asks everyone NOT to tell anyone until after Wave 3, then everyone should honor that request. She wasn't talking to the cheffers here...she was talking to everyone. If you can't wait for a few more days, then you are the one with the problem. People who have no access to wave 1-ers and wave 2-ers, and aren't members here have to wait for the info, as should all of you who didn't go to conference.

Think about this once...if YOU were the founder of a major successful business, and you were talking about new things and asked all of YOUR people to not tell anyone, and they did anyway, wouldn't you be disappointed? Finding out the new stuff is a reward for those who attend conference. If you can't go, then you should have to wait until after conference is over.

Now, I'm sure I'm gonna catch hell for this posting, but I really don't care. That's what is SO GREAT about this place! Everyone has different opinions!

Well, you're not gonna catch hell from me, but I do think that Becky's post is a more accurate description of what Doris' intentions are.

Those who may get the info and ABUSE it (by advertising things to have an advantage over other consultants) are unethical. But I like to believe that the majority of us don't fit into that category.

And maybe I'm weird, but the fact that I read the spoiler e-mail just has me salivating to see what my Director brings back!!! It makes it even more exciting for me. I think because now I know SOME of the facts but only enough to tease me. It draws it out longer and that is more exciting to me. (Kinda makes me sound freaky, huh?)

pcchris said:

When I wasn't able to go, and I received info from someone before the cluster meeting (that "someone" being my director!) - it didn't spoil anything for me. I had heard what was new....but was still extremely excited to get to see it and play with it. What it did do though was encourage me and raise my excitement level before the cluster meeting - after hearing what was coming, I couldn't WAIT to get to the meeting to see all the new stuff!!!

Now - finding out before my wave of conference - that would be a different story - because that's one of the fun things about conference - the big production numbers to introduce the new products!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Well, you're not gonna catch hell from me, but I do think that Becky's post is a more accurate description of what Doris' intentions are.

Those who may get the info and ABUSE it (by advertising things to have an advantage over other consultants) are unethical. But I like to believe that the majority of us don't fit into that category.

And maybe I'm weird, but the fact that I read the spoiler e-mail just has me salivating to see what my Director brings back!!! It makes it even more exciting for me. I think because now I know SOME of the facts but only enough to tease me. It draws it out longer and that is more exciting to me. (Kinda makes me sound freaky, huh?)

Thanks Debi! I'm the one (don't bring out the firing squad!) who provided some spoilers for those unable to attend(And only them - not other wave people)......because I know what it is like to plan, and save, and then be disappointed at the last minute because you can't go.......and as Debi said - I didn't share all of the news - I just told enough so that people know that this is going to be an incredible Fall & Winter selling season! Sooooo, they can all go to their cluster meetings, and talk to their directors - and still be able to ooh and aah and be excited about what is being shared!

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Debi! I'm the one (don't bring out the firing squad!) who provided some spoilers for those unable to attend(And only them - not other wave people)......because I know what it is like to plan, and save, and then be disappointed at the last minute because you can't go.......and as Debi said - I didn't share all of the news - I just told enough so that people know that this is going to be an incredible Fall & Winter selling season! Sooooo, they can all go to their cluster meetings, and talk to their directors - and still be able to ooh and aah and be excited about what is being shared!

Oh yeah, I was on the distro! It was exactly the right amount of information, in my opinion! Thank you!!!

I couldn't agree more with Chris and I understand there will be folks that can't make it for reasons WAY more important than Pampered Chef. I never wanted anyone to think that your family obligations wouldn't take precedence over Conference, BUT there are those that won't make the committment because they can find out everything on loops and such. Why waste time and money when you are going to read about it here ( or elsewhere). You know that some folks get that attitude and we just feed the fire when we put stuff out there, including the PERSONAL emails.
Now, that having been said, it is KILLING me to know what the awesome September Host special is and I think I saw somewhere there is a recruiting special.....I am about to pee my pants to get to Chicago and find out more!

I underatand some of the people's points about the commitment, but I also think that for those of us that didn't go for some unavoidable reason (I'm six monthes into a high risk pregnency and live in Germany, so going would not have been a good idea, no matter how badly I wanted to. And as I just promoted to director in May and would have got to walk across stage I wanted to badly) I don't think the personal e-mail was wrong - we all promised not to reveal the info. and spoil it for those who are in waves 2 and 3. Okay - that's my 2 cents.

ahammons said:
Mine too -- My son kept getting mad b/c he would lose the wheel under the table everytime he pulled the cord! lol I don't remember him bringing it in the house, so I'm sure it's somewhere in my car now :)

... and now back to your regularly scheduled hijack...

My kids have lost the handles to the dumb things! They have the zip cords and wheels, but no handles. Of course, I'd rather be searching for the handles than having to listen to the gross noises that came from the toys when "Flushed Away" came out... Those were disgusting!

chefmeg said:
I couldn't agree more with Chris and I understand there will be folks that can't make it for reasons WAY more important than Pampered Chef. I never wanted anyone to think that your family obligations wouldn't take precedence over Conference, BUT there are those that won't make the committment because they can find out everything on loops and such. Why waste time and money when you are going to read about it here ( or elsewhere). You know that some folks get that attitude and we just feed the fire when we put stuff out there, including the PERSONAL emails.
Now, that having been said, it is KILLING me to know what the awesome September Host special is and I think I saw somewhere there is a recruiting special.....I am about to pee my pants to get to Chicago and find out more!

Besides the point, I read on here somewhere that Doris and Marla said together...
"What happens at conference, STAYS at conference".

Okay...back to the hijack about the toys.....

If someone has the personal email with the announcements from conference, I would love to receive it too. I am not going to conference this year.

My email is [email protected]

cooking.with.ann said:

Oh gosh I sure hope your hubby is doing well........

If someone would be willing to e-mail me the secrets from conference (like what's new!) I would be thrilled!! I'm not going to conference this year (next year!) and I know this is the american one but they are very similar and I'm just too curious!

[email protected]

northern_sunshine, I just sent you a "teaser" email. Just a few highlights.

Ann-I wasn't able to attend conference this year...would you be willing to send me the "teaser" email also? I would be very grateful!! Thanks!My email is [email protected]Thank you so much

done!
Enjoy...

Okay, well, I have to say I sent someone an e-mail with every bit of information I could type out, but it was time consuming and I'm not doing it again. I don't know why she didn't go, and I don't care. I'm so excited about selling the dream and the opportunity that I didn't mind sharing some excitement. I did stop at scanning pictures and sending them. I don't have a scanner anyway.

I thought I was on the list for the email, but I haven't gotten anything...:((

JAE said:
Okay, well, I have to say I sent someone an e-mail with every bit of information I could type out, but it was time consuming and I'm not doing it again. I don't know why she didn't go, and I don't care. I'm so excited about selling the dream and the opportunity that I didn't mind sharing some excitement. I did stop at scanning pictures and sending them. I don't have a scanner anyway.

Oh! You have pictures!!?????

just kidding.....i know you guys got catalogs. :p

Yes, we have pictures because we get the new catalog and the mini catalogs. Also we get the Fall/Winter 2007 Consultant News with all the host and guest specials along with consultant specials. You'll get one soon after conference, wave 3.

<h2>What is "Conference Secrets" and how can it benefit me?</h2><p>"Conference Secrets" is a session at our annual conference where we share insider information and tips to help you stay ahead of the game in your Pampered Chef business. Attending this session can give you a competitive edge and help you achieve success in your business.</p><h2>Is there any way to get the new information from "Conference Secrets" if I am not able to attend the session?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we do not condone or support the sharing of insider information from our conference. We believe that attending the session in person is the best way to fully benefit from the information and to respect the hard work and dedication of our consultants who attend the conference.</p><h2>I am in a later wave for the conference and am worried about being behind on the new information. Is there a way to catch up?</h2><p>While we understand your concern, we believe that each consultant should experience the conference and its sessions in their own time and at their own pace. Attending the session in person or watching the recorded session after the conference is the best way to fully grasp and apply the new information.</p><h2>Can I be added to a list or receive emails with the new information from "Conference Secrets"?</h2><p>As mentioned before, we do not support or encourage the sharing of insider information from our conference. We believe that attending the session in person is the best way to fully benefit from the information and to respect the hard work and dedication of our consultants who attend the conference.</p><h2>I am a consultant for Pampered Chef and am interested in attending "Conference Secrets". How can I sign up for the session?</h2><p>Thank you for your interest in our session! You can sign up for "Conference Secrets" during the conference registration process. We highly recommend attending this session to gain valuable insights and tips for your business.</p>

What is "Conference Secrets" and how can it benefit me?

"Conference Secrets" is a session at our annual conference where we share insider information and tips to help you stay ahead of the game in your Pampered Chef business. Attending this session can give you a competitive edge and help you achieve success in your business.

Is there any way to get the new information from "Conference Secrets" if I am not able to attend the session?

Unfortunately, we do not condone or support the sharing of insider information from our conference. We believe that attending the session in person is the best way to fully benefit from the information and to respect the hard work and dedication of our consultants who attend the conference.

I am in a later wave for the conference and am worried about being behind on the new information. Is there a way to catch up?

While we understand your concern, we believe that each consultant should experience the conference and its sessions in their own time and at their own pace. Attending the session in person or watching the recorded session after the conference is the best way to fully grasp and apply the new information.

Can I be added to a list or receive emails with the new information from "Conference Secrets"?

As mentioned before, we do not support or encourage the sharing of insider information from our conference. We believe that attending the session in person is the best way to fully benefit from the information and to respect the hard work and dedication of our consultants who attend the conference.

I am a consultant for Pampered Chef and am interested in attending "Conference Secrets". How can I sign up for the session?

Thank you for your interest in our session! You can sign up for "Conference Secrets" during the conference registration process. We highly recommend attending this session to gain valuable insights and tips for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Maragib
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Becky0216