• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Secrets: Stay Ahead of the Game with Insider Info

If you are in Wave 2 or 3 and can't go to conference, it is still possible to get some great tips and information by watching taped sessions, borrowing materials, or taking online courses.
*Sigh* : ) I would love a conference update email as well. Thank you so much [email protected]

No one in my cluster is attending conference, so i would like to be added to the list.

[email protected]

lisaterwilliger said:
has anyone actually got an email from anyone yet? I put my email on the list and am just dying to know! I hate secrets...ugh!

I haven't heard either and I am going crazy (but I don't need much help there anyway)

Thanks

Please hurry with the info

~

I told you all that I was going to the NC this year (my 1st year) with my husband and daughter, we were taking a road trip. Well things were going great, we planned everything, including saving money staying with my husband friend in Chicage that he hasn't seen in about 25 years. Well we left a couple days earlier than excepted so that we could enjoy a few more stops before we got to Chicago

Well the first two days were great and my daughter was so excited about each stop we made and sometimes she didn't want to leave that stop. We told her that the next stop would be fun too so then she would say 'Okay - let's getting going to the next place'

Well then Monday night we stopped at this little dinner and had supper about 5:30 pm, we when went sightseeing there, Our motel that we were suppose to stay out were about another hour away but we never made it there. Lucy (my daughter) said that she was not feeling very well, so we stopped to get something to drink - gingerale. Well no soon as stopping there she really got sick - and I do mean got sick. Then we found a place to stay there in that small town - very nice place - and then about 10pm guess what - I got sick and I do mean sick. By the next morning, Tuesday, my husband had to ask the motel clerk where we could see a walk in clinic because me and Lucy didn't look very well. (I was still looking on here for updates - I am hooked so much to this website if you haven't noticed) Well Lucy and I went yesterday they said we had food poisoning - we ate chicken and my husband had a meatloaf dinner. We both were in this small clinic for about 10 hours - we had to have IV's because of being so sick and it was so hot they thought we were about suffer from dehydration (???) got out last night about 11:15pm called my sister to give her an update about the situation and she said that my dad is sick and is refusing to go to the hospital. So guess what - we are some what rested and are heading back home - this will be my last post until we get home. (on the way up here whenever we stopped I tried my wireless internet and sometimes it worked great) but this time I am going to rest and sleep as much as possible. This really took the fun out of this vacation for the family. Please send me all the updates as possible - about Paige and Conference - and I will check them when I get back home.

Thanks for listening to this I know it was long. Now I have to contact my director and tell her that I won't be there at NC - ouch.

Thanks

~

Oh, I do hope you are feeling better! I'm sooo sorry to hear you are missing NC.:(

Teresa I hope you and your daughter are feeling better.

I am so sorry Teresa. I hope you are all feeling better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

oh Teresa, I'm so sorry! I feel so bad for you! I will pray for you and and your entire family!
;)

Oh No Teresa! That is awful. Both DH and I got food poisoning about 6 months ago and we were fighting over who got to the bathroom first most of the night - and it leaves you so lethargic. I am so sorry - you and your daughter please try to rest and get better and I will keep you in my prayers.

Well, won't be able to get a surprise box brought back with anyone since they left for wave 2 early this morning and i thought about this last night.

pchefjodie said:
Well, won't be able to get a surprise box brought back with anyone since they left for wave 2 early this morning and i thought about this last night.

Don't they have cell phones? You could call them.

I would love to be added to the list. I couldn't attend conference because my 19month old daughter broke her leg...sigh.
Thanks
Crystal
Future Director

[email protected]

What is a surprise box & how much is it?

Will Laurap PM me. I'm having trouble with the email you gave me.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

So, if this is about "gossip" ... am I getting the vibe that NO ONE is leaking any information to anyone??? I was really looking forward to finding a few nuggets out.
Nancy

I cannot BELIEVE that no one is willing to give info to those of us that were not fortunate enough to make it to conference!! Or atleast that we haven't heard yet! I know there are those willing... BUT WHERE ARE THEY??? LOL!!! I am dying from anticipation!

Doris gets on stage and asks all of us not to leak any information until wave 3 is over. I, for one, will honor her request. The past two years I was in wave 1 and did not tell anyone anything. This year I am in wave 3 and so I patiently wait.

JMHO, but if you did not make the commitment to go to conference and find out for yourself, then you can wait until your special edition Consultant News arrives or wait until your director calls you to share.

DebbieJ said:
Doris gets on stage and asks all of us not to leak any information until wave 3 is over. I, for one, will honor her request. The past two years I was in wave 1 and did not tell anyone anything. This year I am in wave 3 and so I patiently wait.

JMHO, but if you did not make the commitment to go to conference and find out for yourself, then you can wait until your special edition Consultant News arrives or wait until your director calls you to share.
Deb: Can you tell how bad I am?! I can't even wait for my wave!! LOL Its just too exciting! I love that we have a conference!

AJPratt said:
Deb: Can you tell how bad I am?! I can't even wait for my wave!! LOL Its just too exciting! I love that we have a conference!

It IS very exciting! So exciting that I'm going downtown tonight to meet up with Kristi and other wave 2 Cheffers! I just hope that no wave 1-ers are still around and if so, they better keep their traps shut! :)

I wish I lived closer! Have a great time tonight!

DebbieJ said:

I understand that, really I do. I have been to conference before and had a great time. I however, could not make it this year as I know is the same for many others. All I want to know is what is new and being retired. I still won't get the experience of the first "Ahhh..." or get to see them even, and I won't have experienced all that conference has to offer either, so I don't feel that those who went are shortchanged at all. I realize that there are others out there that have alterior motives for wanting to know what the new products are... I am not one of them though and I don't think the majority of people requesting info are either. I guess if it comes I will be so thankful, if not, I will just have to ly in wait. Won't kill me, however, I know that the sooner I know, the sooner I will be excited and ready to get motivated to kick start my business!! I appreciate your opinion, that's just mine ;)

Tarra

Good Answer Tarra!

my3angelbugs said:
Good Answer Tarra!

Thanks :) I try to find the positive in all situations! And go with the flow!

DebbieJ said:

I do not think it has to do with "commitment." I would love to go but funds do not allow for me to do so no matter whether I really want to go or not. For some people it is just not feasibly possible.

I realize that we can all wait, but I also know that last year we knew it with Wave 1 too if we wanted to know and that it did not hurt anyone. And it was all done through emails not posted here, so, that was not spoiling it for anyone that did not request the emails.

I mainly want to know the retiring stuff to start boosting my sales to get people to get them before they are gone. And I want to know what I earned in SellaThon.

I personally think Doris is meaning do not spoil it for anyone in the other waves, not for those of us unable to go. I TOTALLY agree with no spoiling for those that get to see and feel it up close and personal. But is a person wants to be "spoiled" I think that is their decision.

Just IMHO.:D

"Everytime I have doubted in PC, God has provided, so, I really should quit doubting!"

A Million AMENS to that!!

Be_pampered said:
"Everytime I have doubted in PC, God has provided, so, I really should quit doubting!"

A Million AMENS to that!!

THANKS! I have "almost" quit! Prayer is making me better at not doubting.

jrstephens said:
THANKS! I have "almost" quit! Prayer is making me better at not doubting.

Me too many times. It's almost as if God wouldn't let me cause right when I decided it, someone booked a show :)

If you ever need someone to agree with you in prayer for your business, you can count on me! Just let me know what to agree with you for!

Blessings,
Tarra

jrstephens said:
I do not think it has to do with "commitment." I would love to go but funds do not allow for me to do so no matter whether I really want to go or not. For some people it is just not feasibly possible.

I realize that we can all wait, but I also know that last year we knew it with Wave 1 too if we wanted to know and that it did not hurt anyone. And it was all done through emails not posted here, so, that was not spoiling it for anyone that did not request the emails.

I mainly want to know the retiring stuff to start boosting my sales to get people to get them before they are gone. And I want to know what I earned in SellaThon.

I personally think Doris is meaning do not spoil it for anyone in the other waves, not for those of us unable to go. I TOTALLY agree with no spoiling for those that get to see and feel it up close and personal. But is a person wants to be "spoiled" I think that is their decision.

Just IMHO.:D

Very well said Jennifer. I feel the same way.

DebbieJ said:

Deb, I think I know what you're trying to say but, I, for one, had made the committment, had the hotel reservation and everything. However, since my family DOES come first, something had to give and it had to be Conference. I was devastated (even cried believe it or not) but I would not keep my son from seeing his mother just because I was unwilling to readjust my committments. And I certainly don't think I should be penalized for that.

You never know why people are unable to go. I , myself would have loved to be there but due to health limitations (dialysis) I am not able to go as much as I would have loved too. Just be glad you were able to go and did not have something in your life that limited you.

For those of you not going to Conference, you are not being "penalized" by not knowing the details that we learn at Conference. It is a committment to go and you either choose not to, or you go-regardless of the reasons you may come up with. I have seen many a person on crutches, in wheelchairs, several with no hair from chemo treatments...
if it is finanacial-do more shows, hold a yard sale every month or even every week. People have gotten very creative to bring the costs down.
One way I tell my team about the importance of Conference is this:
Doris holds ONE meeting for all consultants each year....are you going to miss HER meeting???? I am grateful for the folks that are in Wave 1 and now Wave 2 that have not spilled the beans about anything! It is really not fair to those of us that have made the committment to go for anyone to know what is new or restyled or retiring or ANYTHING before we do. The one and only year I missed Conference, I didn't expect anyone to share the info with me-that is just plain wrong. You'll have all that info as soon as Wave 3 is over.

I know this will pi$$ some folks off and I don't mean for it to but I am hearing some whining coming through the typing and you all are grown ups and need to build that bridge to get over it.

Last edited:
chefmeg said:
For those of you not going to Conference, you are not being "penalized" by not knowing the details that we learn at Conference. It is a committment to go and you either choose not to, or you go-regardless of the reasons you may come up with. I have seen many a person on crutches, in wheelchairs, several with no hair from chemo treatments...
if it is finanacial-do more shows, hold a yard sale every month or even every week. People have gotten very creative to bring the costs down.
One way I tell my team about the importance of Conference is this:
Doris holds ONE meeting for all consultants each year....are you going to miss HER meeting???? I am grateful for the folks that are in Wave 1 and now Wave 2 that have not spilled the beans about anything! It is really not fair to those of us that have made the committment to go for anyone to know what is new or restyled or retiring or ANYTHING before we do. The one and only year I missed Conference, I didn't expect anyone to share the info with me-that is just plain wrong. You'll have all that info as soon as Wave 3 is over.

I know this will pi$$ some folks off and I don't mean for it to but I am hearing some whining coming through the typing and you all are grown ups and need to build that bridge to get over it.

If I hear nothing until after Wave 3, I'll be OK. I certainly couldn't be angry about it because I don't "EXPECT" anyone to report everything to me. And I definitely don't want to ruin anything for the Wave 2 or 3 folks. However, I am offended by references to my committment and the excuses I "may come up with." Some of us have very personal. legitimate reasons that came up at the last minute and are beyond our control. If putting my family before PC is somehow showing a lack of committment to Conference or my business, then so be it. Though somehow, I doubt Doris would agree with that concept.

That being said, to each their own. No one else's opinion of why I'm not in Chicago right now really matters to me. Nor should my opinion of their presence, or lack thereof, matter to them.

Debi-I am not questioning anyone's reasons for not being in Chicago (look how far you would have to come...the thought that you even considered it puts you miles ahead of some others!). I do however feel that there were some folks feeling that they were "owed" some responses from those who have gone or are at Conference now. That was what set me off. I knew someone would get upset at my post, but that truly wasn't my reason for posting it...I really think we need to put things in perspective about what we do and don't hear while the waves are still there-that's all.

chefmeg said:
Debi-I am not questioning anyone's reasons for not being in Chicago (look how far you would have to come...the thought that you even considered it puts you miles ahead of some others!). I do however feel that there were some folks feeling that they were "owed" some responses from those who have gone or are at Conference now. That was what set me off. I knew someone would get upset at my post, but that truly wasn't my reason for posting it...I really think we need to put things in perspective about what we do and don't hear while the waves are still there-that's all.

Like I said, I don't think any of us have the right to ruin it for the folks in Waves 2 and 3. That would be completely selfish in my opinion. And I do agree, none of us are "owed" any info until the end of Wave 3. So, on those points, I definitely agree with you.

I did consider going to National Conference but financially it wasn't an option with all the other time & money commitments this summer. I have only been one year & I loved seeing all the new products but I have to say it wasn't as much of a wonderful experience as I had heard. Most of the classes weren't that great. I took one on time management which was worthless. It was nothing more than Franklin Covey trying to sell their expensive planner. The cooking show live was awful. The presenters were extremely nervous & didn't appear to be prepared at all. I don't remember any other classes off the top of my head but none of them stood out as being worth all the time & money I put into it. I will try it again some day to see if I have a better experience but if not, I won't even consider going again. Seeing the new products was THE main attraction. I don't feel that anyone "owes" me anything. I just would like to know something good today because it's not been a good day today. OK, I'll go back into my corner now.

Last edited:
PamperedChefDebi said:
However, I am offended by references to my committment and the excuses I "may come up with." Some of us have very personal. legitimate reasons that ............................. If putting my family before PC is somehow showing a lack of committment to Conference or my business, then so be it. Though somehow, I doubt Doris would agree with that concept.

................... No one else's opinion of why I'm not in Chicago right now really matters to me. Nor should my opinion of their presence, or lack thereof, matter to them.

I totally agree with Debi on her response.

And also, I am not whining b/c I didn't go. It was my decision to not go and there is nothing for my to whine about. I am treating this as any other event I did not get to go, I ask somebody what happend.

boy this thread is trying to heat up! I understand everyone's opinions here and do think that is should not be revealed until after wave 3 or during wave3! And not just cause I'm in wave 3:) .... we are asked to be quiet to everyone not just other waves! now that being said, I have not gone since 2003 because of finances. And the fact that people "can just do more shows" is not necessarily the answer, until you've walked in someones shoes, you don't know nor have the right to judge.... so... I did think that was harsh.... but I do agree with some of the other points made by Meg....
When it was leadership there was only 1 session/ wave so to speak..... I was the first on the bandwagon to find out all the new stuff and announcements but when National conference is the subject, I think it's only fair to the people that do pay to go and have to wait to hear that other's don't know until the last wave is done or in progress, like how we found out what was going on at Leadership while it was in progress... because, as I said... there was only one conference!
JMHO on this whole thing!;)

Secrets are just that...secrets. If Doris asks that everything be kept quiet, then we should all keep quiet. I am also in Wave 3, (cathy m gets to smack me when we "meet up") but if I was in wave 1, I would keep it quiet too. If it weren't for Doris, we wouldn't be selling Pampered Chef. So, to honor the woman who started this biz, we should all have to wait. Is the anticipation killing me? YES! Would I love for someone to post a "spoiler thread"? YES! Would I love to know before I get there? YES!
BUT!!!
Doris asks that people keep it quiet, and I respect that. We all should. No reason to get heated up about it. Everyone has their reasons to go or to not go. It's one week before everyone finds out. 7 days...our friend Paige has been missing longer than that. Sad. There has been a lot of sadness and worry on this place lately...so let's end it here. Be patient...you'll know soon enough.

okay...off my soapbox now.

I agreee............not telling you with whom I agree, but I agree....(just wanted to have the last word incase you all did just drop the subject) ROFLOL......I being new, like he fact that you are all going at it about this. I love open and honest debate....But being the strong willed child and baby of my family i love having the last word MUCH MORE! HE HE HE....LOL LOL....just trying to lighten things up in here...

Oh My Goodness PRNCES515
Your son Jaxon, has the name I picked out for my son, had I had one :) I didn't though. I thought Jaxon was rather unique I fell in love with it. Had my baby been a boy his name would have been Jaxon Thomas. Since she was a girl her name is Elaina Joy :) I just had to share being I will never have my little Jaxon. Depending on your sons age maybe he could be my son-in-law LOL!!

prnces515 said:
I agreee............not telling you with whom I agree, but I agree....(just wanted to have the last word incase you all did just drop the subject)

ROFLOL......I being new, like he fact that you are all going at it about this. I love open and honest debate....But being the strong willed child and baby of my family i love having the last word MUCH MORE! HE HE HE....LOL LOL....just trying to lighten things up in here...

You'll come to learn, my dear, that no one EVER has the last word around this place!!! LOL!!!:D

pcchris said:
You'll come to learn, my dear, that no one EVER has the last word around this place!!! LOL!!!:D

Sorry... that's just too funny!! Too many women for that huh!! LOL!

Well a girl can try can't she? ROFLOL.......I love that name, and i am always looking for potential mates...He is 2 right now but REALLY DEVILISHLY HANDSOME! Glad you approve!

Bev-get out of that corner girl, there isn't enough room in there for you & me!:)
Chris-I'm joining you and getting off my soapbox!;)
I hate to be the one that started all of this "heating up" thing, so I will just shut up and move on. I don't have anything else to add that myself or someone else hasn't already said......this is a great forum, so I thank you all for letting me have my say!

prnces515 said:
Well a girl can try can't she? ROFLOL.......I love that name, and i am always looking for potential mates...He is 2 right now but REALLY DEVILISHLY HANDSOME! Glad you approve!

Well I have 4 to choose from and 1 is his age, the other isn't much younger. I have an Alivia who will be 2 in October and Elaina was jsut born in March :)

Jaxon and Alivia... that's cute!! She is just a handful all of a sudden since she became a big sister. Hope he has big hands cause they'll certainly be FULL!!

Arranged marriages are still legal aren't they??? ROFLOL!!!

chefmeg said:
Bev-get out of that corner girl, there isn't enough room in there for you & me!:)
Chris-I'm joining you and getting off my soapbox!;)
I hate to be the one that started all of this "heating up" thing, so I will just shut up and move on. I don't have anything else to add that myself or someone else hasn't already said......this is a great forum, so I thank you all for letting me have my say!

I guess I'm just touchy today. It's the anniversary of the death of a very special little boy & I'm just in a mood!

Arranged marriages are always legal if YOUR the parent paying or the wedding! ROFLOL....at least that is what I think..........Well He is a sweet heart. Best on eof my bunch.

<h2>What is "Conference Secrets" and how can it benefit me?</h2><p>"Conference Secrets" is a session at our annual conference where we share insider information and tips to help you stay ahead of the game in your Pampered Chef business. Attending this session can give you a competitive edge and help you achieve success in your business.</p><h2>Is there any way to get the new information from "Conference Secrets" if I am not able to attend the session?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we do not condone or support the sharing of insider information from our conference. We believe that attending the session in person is the best way to fully benefit from the information and to respect the hard work and dedication of our consultants who attend the conference.</p><h2>I am in a later wave for the conference and am worried about being behind on the new information. Is there a way to catch up?</h2><p>While we understand your concern, we believe that each consultant should experience the conference and its sessions in their own time and at their own pace. Attending the session in person or watching the recorded session after the conference is the best way to fully grasp and apply the new information.</p><h2>Can I be added to a list or receive emails with the new information from "Conference Secrets"?</h2><p>As mentioned before, we do not support or encourage the sharing of insider information from our conference. We believe that attending the session in person is the best way to fully benefit from the information and to respect the hard work and dedication of our consultants who attend the conference.</p><h2>I am a consultant for Pampered Chef and am interested in attending "Conference Secrets". How can I sign up for the session?</h2><p>Thank you for your interest in our session! You can sign up for "Conference Secrets" during the conference registration process. We highly recommend attending this session to gain valuable insights and tips for your business.</p>

What is "Conference Secrets" and how can it benefit me?

"Conference Secrets" is a session at our annual conference where we share insider information and tips to help you stay ahead of the game in your Pampered Chef business. Attending this session can give you a competitive edge and help you achieve success in your business.

Is there any way to get the new information from "Conference Secrets" if I am not able to attend the session?

Unfortunately, we do not condone or support the sharing of insider information from our conference. We believe that attending the session in person is the best way to fully benefit from the information and to respect the hard work and dedication of our consultants who attend the conference.

I am in a later wave for the conference and am worried about being behind on the new information. Is there a way to catch up?

While we understand your concern, we believe that each consultant should experience the conference and its sessions in their own time and at their own pace. Attending the session in person or watching the recorded session after the conference is the best way to fully grasp and apply the new information.

Can I be added to a list or receive emails with the new information from "Conference Secrets"?

As mentioned before, we do not support or encourage the sharing of insider information from our conference. We believe that attending the session in person is the best way to fully benefit from the information and to respect the hard work and dedication of our consultants who attend the conference.

I am a consultant for Pampered Chef and am interested in attending "Conference Secrets". How can I sign up for the session?

Thank you for your interest in our session! You can sign up for "Conference Secrets" during the conference registration process. We highly recommend attending this session to gain valuable insights and tips for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Maragib
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Becky0216