• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the History of TV Quiz Shows

In summary, "Spelling Bee" was the first quiz show to air on television in 1938. Quiz shows became popular in the United States in the 1950s, with "The $64,000 Question" and "Twenty-One" being the most successful. However, the downfall of quiz shows in the 1950s was caused by the revelation of rigged game shows. "Jeopardy!" was hosted by Alex Trebek for 36 years and is considered the longest-running game show in history. The most-watched quiz show in television history is "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," with an estimated 500 million viewers worldwide during its original run from 1998 to 2007.
twinchefs
Gold Member
Does anyone know when they started them??

My oldest Seasons Best is 1996. I have a Hostes Choice Spring/Summer 1994 Recipe Collection cookbook and a 1994 The Pampered Chef Favorite Recipes tri-fold cookbook that cost 5- cents.

byrd1956 said:
My oldest Seasons Best is 1996. I have a Hostes Choice Spring/Summer 1994 Recipe Collection cookbook and a 1994 The Pampered Chef Favorite Recipes tri-fold cookbook that cost 5- cents.
I have SS and FW 1994 Hostess Choice and one that is undated so I am thinking 1993. That was probably the first one. 1995 also had two Hostess Choice then in 1996 the name changed to Seasons Best. I have all of them from the undated one through now...

Ok thanks ladies:)

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I can tell you that the company was founded in 1980 by Doris Christopher. Since then, it has grown to become a well-known and trusted brand in the world of kitchen tools and cookware. I hope this helps answer your question! Happy cooking!

1. What was the first quiz show to air on television?

The first quiz show to air on television was "Spelling Bee," which debuted in 1938 on the BBC in the United Kingdom.

2. When did quiz shows become popular in the United States?

Quiz shows became popular in the United States in the 1950s, with the most successful being "The $64,000 Question" and "Twenty-One."

3. What led to the downfall of quiz shows in the 1950s?

The downfall of quiz shows in the 1950s was due to the revelation of rigged game shows, where producers would give answers to contestants in order to create drama and boost ratings.

4. Who hosted the popular quiz show "Jeopardy!"?

Alex Trebek hosted "Jeopardy!" for 36 years, from 1984 until his passing in 2020. He is considered a television icon and is the longest-running host of a game show in history.

5. What is the most-watched quiz show in television history?

The most-watched quiz show in television history is "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," with an estimated 500 million viewers worldwide during its original run from 1998 to 2007.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jeanlewis13
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies