• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Season's Best Recipe Collection

In summary, the Season's Best Recipe Collection includes recipes that use a variety of high-value tools and ingredients. There are several recipes that are demo-able and would make good show recipes.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Season's Best Recipe Collection. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

Did anyone see this at launch?

I have it here –*there's a few things I'm really looking forward to trying! Here are the recipes included (stars are ones I'm excited to try):Caprese Appetizer Shells
Twice Baked Potato Bites *
Tangy Gazpacho Cucumber Cups *
Mexican Layered Dip * (they put this in a tortilla bowl – very pretty!)
Mini Monte Cristo Puffs
Stovetop Pan Pizza
Crunchy Mediterranean Wedge Salad *
Family-Style Taco
Summertime Spaghetti * (This is a DDB recipe, which I can't do in my microwave)
Smoky Chicken & Bacon Tostadas *
Deep Dish Peach Pie *
Pina Colada Trifle
Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter & Banana Tarts *
Upside Down Cherry Cheesecakes
Lemonade Shortcake Cups *

Thanks so much! The recipes sure sound yummy! I can hardly wait to order mine tomorrow!

We had a tasting of a few of the recipes at my hospitality director's meeting today. (Forgive me if I don't use the accurate recipe names as I don't have the SB in front of me.)

I made the Tasty Gazpacho bites: I used the Cool n Serve to transport (about an hour drive). They were light and tasty. I used mini-cucumbers because the store did not have the regular European cukes last night when I went shopping. The MFP and Knives were the main tools used.

The Mediterannean Wedges - The person that made this decided for a large crowd to use the salad choppers and chopped the lettuce instead of wedging it. I thought that was a great suggestion. The dressing by itself seemed like it needed something else, but once it was added to the salad it was fine. She used bleu cheese crumbles instead of Feta (her mistake when she went shopping) so it had a different taste of course, but went over well. It uses a variety of tools (DCB for chicken, MFP for dressing, knives, salad choppers, Bamboo bowl and tongs, etc.) and would be a good show recipe.

Monte Cristo Puffs - These were tasty. Loved the flavor that the jelly gives the savory bite. I haven't had a chance to look at the recipe to see what tools were used in regards to a show recipe.

Peach Cobbler - Yummy! The person that made this said it was very easy and a quick recipe!

Family Style Taco - This was done as a demo at the meeting, on the large bar pan. The pizza crust stayed in the oven a little bit longer than it should have and came out a little crispy so it would not have folded over well, so we decided to make it as a pizza. It tasted great and used Stoneware, cookware (ground beef) and the MFP. It would make a great show recipe.

The other recipe we did was the Cherry Cheesecake cups. It was yummy, but we decided there were not enough high value tools used and too many small steps to make it a show recipe.

I made the deep dish peach pie and did not have the success with it that the earlier poster did. Of course, it did not help that I overcooked the pie crust. But...I used fresh peaches and they were not sweet enough and were a little crunchy and tasteless. I only cooked them 4 minutes, because I had overcooked the pie crust. Maybe next time I should use canned peaches, or at least check them with a fork and cook longer. All in all, I was disappointed with this dish.

bcowdin said:
I made the deep dish peach pie and did not have the success with it that the earlier poster did. Of course, it did not help that I overcooked the pie crust. But...I used fresh peaches and they were not sweet enough and were a little crunchy and tasteless. I only cooked them 4 minutes, because I had overcooked the pie crust. Maybe next time I should use canned peaches, or at least check them with a fork and cook longer. All in all, I was disappointed with this dish.

Sounds like it wasn't the dish at fault, but the ingredients. Yes- it's not Peach season, so using fresh ones aren't going to be ideal right now. You could possibly, if you put them in a paper bag to ripen a bit more. But grocery store peaches are typically picked too green. Plus, not being ideal season, they aren't usually as sweet tasting either. I'm so spoiled by in-season fruits that I hardly buy them from the grocery when it's NOT their season because you know you are getting forced-grown.

I would try canned peaches if I were you, and save the fresh until it's the right season or they are truly ripe.

Just had a show Saturday and we tried out the Lemonade Shortcake Cups... OMG Leomon Curd is going to be my new friend! It was great and zesty and VERY easy to make with the girls. I should have tried it out before but just went with it and I am glad I did and didn't go with an old stand by. This is going to be on my show list now. :love:

Anyone made the Twice Baked Potato Bites? Any Tips, from reading it the part you scoop out you just toss?

Would you be able to save the scooped part out, freeze it, and use it for individual sheppard's pie? I'm not a sheppard's pie person so I don't know if it would be the right texture... But you could also mash the scooped out part for baby food, or fry it up for breakfast. Or use it for fish cakes. I bet there are lots of uses for "potato innards" :)

I have made the Twice baked potato bites. I saved the scooped out part and made mashed potatoes for the next day. my kids loved the recipe!rania

my baked potato bites just came out chewy! I thought that meant they weren't done, so I cooked them 5 minutes longer. Still chewy. What did I do wrong?

1. What is included in the Season's Best Recipe Collection?

The Season's Best Recipe Collection includes a variety of delicious and easy-to-make recipes for every season. Each collection comes with a set of 7 recipe cards, featuring appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts.

2. Are the recipes in the Season's Best Recipe Collection customizable?

Yes, our recipes are designed to be versatile and can be easily customized to fit your personal taste preferences or dietary restrictions. We also provide suggestions for ingredient substitutions to accommodate different dietary needs.

3. How often are new recipes added to the Season's Best Recipe Collection?

We release a new Season's Best Recipe Collection every quarter, featuring fresh and seasonal ingredients. This allows our customers to try new recipes and add variety to their meals throughout the year.

4. Are the ingredients for the recipes in the Season's Best Recipe Collection easy to find?

Yes, we strive to use common and easily accessible ingredients in our recipes. However, some recipes may require specialty ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores or can be substituted with a similar ingredient.

5. Can I purchase the Season's Best Recipe Collection online?

Yes, the Season's Best Recipe Collection can be purchased online through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find digital versions of the collections on our website for easy access and convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
CallieThames
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies