• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasoning stone paste

Chef Diane

Feb 28, 2006
Someone somewhere posted a paste they use to help season there stone, I can't find it.:confused: They used it for the fluted pan 1. to season & 2. to help turning out cakes. It was something like this equal parts of shortning, oil and flour. If you know where it is or are the person who uses this paste please point me in the right direction. Thanks Diane :p

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
There is a Pam out that has flour in it & it really works, & it got the 2005 excellence in food award

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
I copied and saved this at one point from another post...

Hope this is what you're looking for!

I received a recipe from someone on another group that I swear by now for the stones. You mix equal amounts of shortening, oil and flour together. Then, with the pastry brush, brush it on the pan (works great for the muffin pan and the fluted pan, especially). It makes the cakes just come out of the pan perfectly (do make sure you have a baking rack or plate under it when you flip them out...they come out so easily it's almost scary). I think the name of the recipe is Pan-Eze...but don't say it too quickly or it will sound like panties!

You can also buy something in the cake decorating section at Wal-Mart that professional cake makers use (supposedly :rolleyes:) that should be about the same. I found it in the arts & crafts/fabric section, not the main grocery section. Hope this helps!

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
Yup, that's the recipe for Panties (oops, I meant Pan-eze LOL ;) ) that I use and it comes out great everytime!!

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
kcjodih said:
Yup, that's the recipe for Panties (oops, I meant Pan-eze LOL ;) ) that I use and it comes out great everytime!!

Can you make a large batch ahead of time and store it in the fridge, or do you have to make it as you go?

I haven't tried it yet, had forgotten about it actually, and am excited to give it a try.

Thanks!

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
I make up larger batches and do store mine in the fridge...I think the longest I had mine was a couple of months. No problems with it so go ahead, give it a try! :)

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
It's the little things in life!

It's the little things in life that make me happy! I just made my first batch of Pan-Eze, and used it to make Blueberry Muffins...I can't wait to see how they turn out!

The next time I make it, I would follow steps: First, mix together the shortening and oil, then sprinkle in the flour blending until it's all added. I ended up with lumps :( I had to press out!

I'll let you know how my muffins POP out!!!