• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Out: When Is the Best Time to Book Your Flight?

In summary, it is more likely cheaper now, but you should still book your flight as soon as possible because the closer to conference the more expensive they'll be.
cajunchelle
Gold Member
What is the best time to book your flight? Is it more likely cheaper now or should I wait a few weeks?

NOW!! If you know you are going book now! The closer to conference the more expensive they'll be. I've seen the price jump $50 in 2 days.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Right before I posted the first post I looked up the price $266.00 just now I went back its already jumped up to $318.00

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch!!! I want to go but can't by tickets yet :(

Well I emailed my hospitality director because she was putting all the tickets on her Credit Card so that we could all be on same flight, seats near each other, so she called me at midnight to give me her number to order tickets from an airport 1 hour away from us for $249.00 before they pushed those up too! So we still came out ok.

Check with Triple-A if you carry Triple-A coverage ~ they have good rates.

Orbiz.com has a great selection too.

Southwest Airlines flies into Midway. They always run sales. Go to www.southwest.com and sign up for their email updates.

I posted this earlier and I know I'm not in WAVE 1, but I just wanted to give y'all a heads up! Southwest doubled booked ALL their flights last summer and left loads of people stranded in the airport for 13 hours. Although I wasn't one of them, my director and almost our entire cluster were stranded. Only one of them made it onto a flight and it wasn't the one that was wheelchair bound and had terminal cancer. Our cluster refused to fly Southwest because of that. We are going American. Our tickets were $135 then they jumped to $188 and the next week went back down to $135. I just happened to get mine at $188. Don't know what they are right now though.

Last edited:
I just booked on Southwest from San Diego.

$259.10 includes tax and roundtrip.

I AM SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT!

My director & I booked our flights through Southwest yesterday. $137 ea from Pittsburgh Airport to Midway Airport. Don't wait too long at the rate gasoline prices are rising, airfares will be there too! Check the travel link on the registration page too. It might give you other alternate lower fares.

For those of you flying into Midway, taking the Orange line train into downtown is EASY!!! and only $2 or so. Don't waste your money on a cab or shuttle. Tell me where you're staying and I can give you directions if you want.

My director has always flown on SW. I flew with them last year out of KC, and thought it was really nice. We got tickets today for $135. Woo-hoo, can't wait to get there:D

I got my ticket about 3 weeks ago, for $280 from Phoenix. I actually live in Tucson, but decided to drive to PHX to save almost $100 bucks. Cant wait to see all you WAVE 1 cheffers there!

~jenny~

A word of advice: Check in at the gate as early as you can and make sure your seats are near who you want to sit with. I only say this because for some reason, they NEVER put my husband and I next to each other. When my brother traveled they seperated their 3 y.o. from them. He had to say something and when they started to give him a hard time, until he asked, "Well, who is going to be with my 3 y.o. daughter when she screams? I don't imagine that would be very pleasant for that passanger."

1. When is the best time to book a flight?

The best time to book a flight is typically 6-8 weeks in advance for domestic flights and 2-3 months in advance for international flights. This allows for the best combination of available seats and affordable prices.

2. Is it better to book a flight on a weekday or weekend?

It is generally better to book a flight on a weekday, as there tends to be less demand and prices are typically lower. However, it is always important to compare prices and consider any specific deals or promotions that may be available on weekends.

3. What is the best day of the week to book a flight?

The best day to book a flight is typically on a Tuesday or Wednesday, as airlines tend to release their new sales and deals on these days. It is also recommended to avoid booking flights on weekends, as prices tend to be higher.

4. How far in advance should I book a flight for holiday travel?

For holiday travel, it is best to book a flight 3-4 months in advance. This is especially important for popular destinations during peak travel times, as prices tend to increase significantly closer to the holiday.

5. Can I save money by booking a flight at the last minute?

While it is possible to find last-minute deals on flights, it is generally not recommended as prices tend to be much higher. It is best to book a flight in advance to ensure availability and better prices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinCincy
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • cookingwithlove