• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasoned Flyers?

cajunchelle

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2005
What is the best time to book your flight? Is it more likely cheaper now or should I wait a few weeks?

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
NOW!! If you know you are going book now! The closer to conference the more expensive they'll be. I've seen the price jump $50 in 2 days.

cajunchelle

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2005
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Right before I posted the first post I looked up the price $266.00 just now I went back its already jumped up to $318.00

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cajunchelle

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2005
Well I emailed my hospitality director because she was putting all the tickets on her Credit Card so that we could all be on same flight, seats near each other, so she called me at midnight to give me her number to order tickets from an airport 1 hour away from us for $249.00 before they pushed those up too! So we still came out ok.

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
I posted this earlier and I know I'm not in WAVE 1, but I just wanted to give y'all a heads up! Southwest doubled booked ALL their flights last summer and left loads of people stranded in the airport for 13 hours. Although I wasn't one of them, my director and almost our entire cluster were stranded. Only one of them made it onto a flight and it wasn't the one that was wheelchair bound and had terminal cancer. Our cluster refused to fly Southwest because of that. We are going American. Our tickets were $135 then they jumped to $188 and the next week went back down to $135. I just happened to get mine at $188. Don't know what they are right now though.

Last edited:
T

tpchefrebecca

I just booked on Southwest from San Diego.

$259.10 includes tax and roundtrip.

I AM SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT!

alotamoose

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2006
My director & I booked our flights through Southwest yesterday. $137 ea from Pittsburgh Airport to Midway Airport. Don't wait too long at the rate gasoline prices are rising, airfares will be there too! Check the travel link on the registration page too. It might give you other alternate lower fares.

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
For those of you flying into Midway, taking the Orange line train into downtown is EASY!!! and only $2 or so. Don't waste your money on a cab or shuttle. Tell me where you're staying and I can give you directions if you want.

lacychef

Legend Member
Feb 15, 2006
My director has always flown on SW. I flew with them last year out of KC, and thought it was really nice. We got tickets today for $135. Woo-hoo, can't wait to get there:D

chef-kina

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2006
I got my ticket about 3 weeks ago, for $280 from Phoenix. I actually live in Tucson, but decided to drive to PHX to save almost $100 bucks. Cant wait to see all you WAVE 1 cheffers there!

~jenny~

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
A word of advice: Check in at the gate as early as you can and make sure your seats are near who you want to sit with. I only say this because for some reason, they NEVER put my husband and I next to each other. When my brother traveled they seperated their 3 y.o. from them. He had to say something and when they started to give him a hard time, until he asked, "Well, who is going to be with my 3 y.o. daughter when she screams? I don't imagine that would be very pleasant for that passanger."