• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help with cake balls? Message me on Facebook!

In summary, Shawnna was looking for advice on cake balls from other cake ball enthusiasts. She contacted Janice and is waiting for a reply. She also contacted Kitchen Guy and he made her laugh. She asked about freezing cake balls and adding oil to the chocolate before dipping, but didn't receive a response.
Shawnna
Gold Member
I tried to send you a message on your facebook page, but didn't want to just post it on your page... I want to ask you some questions about cake balls. Can you shoot me a pm so I can get some info.

Thanks,
Shawnna Nixon

Whatcha don't learn here. I never knew cakes had balls. Would those be like Police Balls or Inaugural Balls?

If you want info about cake balls, check out bakerella.com

I went there and got some more recipes and stuff...just was wanting some technical advice. I actually got that site from Janices FB page...but you can't send a private message on there...I was sure she was on here, but couldn't find her.

Kitchen Guy you are so funny...somehow I knew you would have to comment on this thread...hehehe

What kind of technical advice were you looking for? Not to say that Janice wouldn't be happy to help you, but I'm sure some of us could help you, too.

I think it's really great that there are supporters of cake balls.

Is that like a jock strap? ;) But seriously, a lot of us have made many a cake ball in the past few years. What are you wondering about?

well, when I dipped mine my chocolate had cake crumbs in it and my chocolate seemed really thick...almond bark. Needless to say they didn't look very pretty or smooth. So...I don't know...lol Maybe I just need to practice more.

Thanks for your help. I was able to get in touch with Janice and am waiting for her reply. I only contacted her specifically because that is where I got my recipe from. I would love to have any advice from anyone that could help me with this.

Did you freeze your cake balls before dipping them? That was my mistake the first time around. I didn't read the directions as thoroughly as I should have, and tried to dip them right after rolling them. I did use chocolate bark, and they eventually turned out quite nicely.

I put them in the freezer for about an hour...but maybe that wasn't long enough.

For the chocolate not being smooth, add a little oil to it as you're melting it, and stir it up well. Also, if you burn the chocolate, it will not be smooth and it won't taste nice. I didn't freeze my cake balls at all, so I'm sure you froze them long enough. The oil was what my cake balls needed in order to be more perfect. I made probably close to 1000 last Christmas, so I got a lot of practice :p

NooraK said:
Did you freeze your cake balls before dipping them?

There were a lot of those around here last week, but it warmed up above freezing this weekend.

KG, you make lurking so much fun.

thanks.gif

innocent0002.gif

1. Who is Janice Wisneski?

Janice Wisneski is the founder of Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that specializes in high-quality kitchen tools and cooking products.

2. Why is there a book about searching for Janice Wisneski?

The book "Searching for Janice Wisneski" is a biography about the life and achievements of Janice Wisneski, written by Susan Kerr.

3. Where can I purchase "Searching for Janice Wisneski"?

You can purchase "Searching for Janice Wisneski" on the Pampered Chef website, through a Pampered Chef consultant, or at select retail bookstores.

4. Is "Searching for Janice Wisneski" only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, "Searching for Janice Wisneski" is available for anyone to read and learn about the inspiring story of Janice Wisneski and her impact on the direct sales industry.

5. Can I learn about the history of Pampered Chef from "Searching for Janice Wisneski"?

Yes, "Searching for Janice Wisneski" provides insight into the history and growth of Pampered Chef, as well as the personal journey of its founder, Janice Wisneski.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
  • pampered1224