• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Enter to Win: Sealed Envelope Game - Grand Prize, Free Shipping, and More!

In summary, the author suggests using a Deck Party theme to help push people to pick a date for their show.
whitetiger
Gold Member
i was thinking you could have
1: grand prize
2: free shipping
2: with s/b
2: 10% off their order today
5: congrat you are my next host

let everyone know that they don't have to play but they are taking a chance
and if they open one with the host they will host a party.

No one opens till the end..

any ideas would be helpful

Personally I don't like the hosting one because I want my hosts to want to have a party. I want them to tell their friends and make a big guest list and wish list and have it be a positive experience. It feels like it is pushy to me if they have to host when they get that envelope or not play the game. If I were to do this, I would have free show OR $5 off order or something along those lines.

Whitetiger,

sorry I couldn't be much help earlier.

I agree with Kate. I was a guest at a show several years ago that had a game in which the prize was "you must book a party." There was a lot of peer pressure to play because other prizes were included in the bin. I pulled the party (of course) but REALLY didn't want to have one. It did seem to force the issue.

Offering "free show" or "I'll bring plates" or even a free gift at their show will help push the fence-sitters to pick a date, but isn't as pushy to the folks who just don't want to have one.

i've been doing something like this lately...kinda like book to look. I have sealed envelopes and papers in them that offer various prizes. I'll attach it. I got 4 shows booked from my last one. 3 of them in july and one in june. it's been successful. I pass them out and tell them I'll discuss them later. When i finish my demo, i tell them about what's inside. When they check out, I ask if they want to open their envelope and host a show. No pressure.

Attachments

• book to look.doc
    27 KB · Views: 553
Tara those are so cute! Love the font and the little chef!

Great job!

Thanks! :0)

Tara1021 said:
i've been doing something like this lately...kinda like book to look. I have sealed envelopes and papers in them that offer various prizes. I'll attach it. I got 4 shows booked from my last one. 3 of them in july and one in june. it's been successful. I pass them out and tell them I'll discuss them later. When i finish my demo, i tell them about what's inside. When they check out, I ask if they want to open their envelope and host a show. No pressure.

I really like that idea! I may have to try it at my next show! Thank you for sharing!

chefann said:
Offering "free show" or "I'll bring plates" or even a free gift at their show will help push the fence-sitters to pick a date, but isn't as pushy to the folks who just don't want to have one.

I don't like the "win a show" games too much either. But this is what I did at my last show (of course I got the idea here).
I bought sand buckets at the $ store, and put in plates, napkins, forks, and cups, and a floral lei. It was the "party in a bucket" to go along with the taste of the tropics. The guests really liked it and it did get a booking, so I'll try it again. Plus it gets people talking about why I have the buckets and gets them interested I think.

Good idea to hand them all out, Tara.

I'm doing book to look with easter eggs in my Chillzanne, but I think if they have an egg in their hand, it will get them thinking about it more. I'm going to make everyone take one tonight!!!

I'm glad I read this thread today! Now back to getting my stuff together so I can leave soon!

amy07 said:
I don't like the "win a show" games too much either. But this is what I did at my last show (of course I got the idea here).
I bought sand buckets at the $ store, and put in plates, napkins, forks, and cups, and a floral lei. It was the "party in a bucket" to go along with the taste of the tropics. The guests really liked it and it did get a booking, so I'll try it again. Plus it gets people talking about why I have the buckets and gets them interested I think.

I like this idea...
What about a Deck party theme???
Schel

schel said:
I like this idea...
What about a Deck party theme???
Schel

are you looking for something different to put the paper goods in for a Deck Party theme? You could do a plastic flower pot from the $ store or even one of those styrofoam coolers

amy07 said:
are you looking for something different to put the paper goods in for a Deck Party theme? You could do a plastic flower pot from the $ store or even one of those styrofoam coolers

That is such a great idea for a outside show! I even have a styrofoam cooler sitting around I could use! Thanks for the ideas!

I wonder what I could use for a girl's night in...

GourmetGirl said:
That is such a great idea for a outside show! I even have a styrofoam cooler sitting around I could use! Thanks for the ideas!

I wonder what I could use for a girl's night in...

Ok, I'm really confessing my addiction to the dollar store, but they have those really cut hat boxes that would be neat for a girls night out. You know the round ones with the cute designs and neat trim?:p :p

Tons of cute ideas!!!! Thanks for the Book 2 Look coupons Tara..super cute. I'm going to use a combo of the coupons and the flower pots for my Memorial Day brunch I think.

I love this board!!

Amy07 I love your party in a bucket idea. I do have one question about it thought......do you give everyone a bucket that books a party that night? Or what is the incentive behind the bucket. I think it's a great idea for the summer time!!!! Thanks.

Tysmama2002 said:
Amy07 I love your party in a bucket idea. I do have one question about it thought......do you give everyone a bucket that books a party that night? Or what is the incentive behind the bucket. I think it's a great idea for the summer time!!!! Thanks.

If they book a cooking show they take the bucket. Of course, they could cancel on me (hasn't happened yet) but atleast they would have (hopefully) a little "guilt factor" if they did cancel for taking my bucket;)
As for the buckets themselves, I try to have atleast 2 (usually 3) already made prior to the show. I think it is a good visual to "remind" them of their show and how much fun it is.

What is the "Sealed Envelope Game"?

The "Sealed Envelope Game" is a fun and interactive game that is often played at Pampered Chef parties. It involves guests purchasing a sealed envelope for a predetermined amount and then opening it to reveal a surprise product or discount.

How do I play the "Sealed Envelope Game"?

To play the game, simply purchase a sealed envelope for the designated price and open it to reveal your prize. Some hosts may choose to have guests pick their own envelope, while others may have a designated envelope for each guest.

What types of prizes can I win in the "Sealed Envelope Game"?

The prizes in the "Sealed Envelope Game" can vary, but they are typically Pampered Chef products or discounts on future orders. Some hosts may also include additional prizes such as gift cards or free shipping offers.

How much does it cost to participate in the "Sealed Envelope Game"?

The cost of participating in the game will depend on the host. They will determine the price of each envelope, which can range from a few dollars to a larger amount. However, the cost is typically affordable for all guests to participate.

Is the "Sealed Envelope Game" mandatory to participate in at a Pampered Chef party?

No, the game is optional for guests to participate in. However, it is a fun and exciting way to potentially win some great prizes and support the host. Plus, it adds to the overall party experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • nay62