1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Screen names

1. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Legend Member Gold Member

I vote your name has the best story behind it. (I always wondered if that's what it meant!) I love your email too! :D

2. Chozengirl

Chozengirl Advanced Member Gold Member

Awe, thanks, so does that mean that I get like special recognition at conference or something!?! :D
    ~^~A girl can dream ~^~

Jul 6, 2007
  3. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Legend Member Gold Member

Maybe not at conference, but in heaven you will! :)

4. erinyourpclady

erinyourpclady Veteran Member Gold Member

My license plate says

APCLADY

versions that were guessed included
    Applachian Lady
    Armored Personal Carrier Lady
    AP Clady

For those playing at home it is A P(pampered) C(chef) lady.....

5. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

He is hot! Don't ya just love Pure Country? I watch it everytime it's on CMT!

6. tlmcunning

tlmcunning Member

Only you would have come up with that response.:D

Jul 6, 2007
  7. yummybytes

yummybytes Chaos Magnet Silver Member

My name is the same as my website name. When I was coming up with a name for my website all the obvious ones were taken chefjennifer, pamperedjenn, pcjenn, jennskitchen.... and every single variation thereof.

So I decided I wanted something snappy, not too long, and easy for my clients to remember. So -- yummybytes was born...

Get it ?? Bytes..
    electronic data... webapge...
    yeah.. i know i'm a sad little geeky girl :p

I know - it's not amazingly creative but it's ALL I'VE GOT!! :)

Jul 6, 2007
  8. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

It's not many people that have their name in the theme song to Zorro. (The old Disney Zorro.)

9. yummybytes

yummybytes Chaos Magnet Silver Member

You mean, Zorro didn't start with Antonio Banderes??!?!?!

Jul 6, 2007
  10. tlmcunning

tlmcunning Member

I didn't know that Disney had a Zorro movie, and here I thought that I had seen all the "boy" Disney movies. I guess I will be looking for that at the library tomorrow.

Jul 6, 2007
  11. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

Mine is also the same as my PWS and the email I use for PC. It makes it easier for me to remember all of my user names if they're all the same. ;-)

12. rebeccastt

rebeccastt Veteran Member Silver Member

I can't believe you all had the same idea....I've never thought of that! Just goes to show that new eyes give you a different perspective.

Jul 6, 2007
  13. rebeccastt

rebeccastt Veteran Member Silver Member

BTW, that's a pretty guitar. If I knew how to play a guitar, maybe I'd buy it!

Jul 6, 2007
  14. Chozengirl

Chozengirl Advanced Member Gold Member

I honestly thought that it was rebecca cast too.

Jul 6, 2007
  15. The_Kitchen_Guy

That's a pretty valuable guitar. Original Tellys and Stratocasters bring big bucks.

16. The_Kitchen_Guy

It was a television series that ran from 1957 to 1959, starring Guy Williams in the lead role. (I seem to remember a Zorro movie, too, that appeared to be several 22 minute episodes strung together.)

[​IMG]

The show was incredibly popular and was my favorite. For my birthday (I was probably 6) I received a Zorro kit - a cape, a mask and a plastic sword that held a piece of chalk in the end so I could make the "Sign on the Z" without damaging anything. My dad got plenty tired of washing chalk Z's off the garage wall, the basement door and several other places it appeared. I'd wear the cape and mask while watching the show!

We couldn't understand all the words to the theme song, but sang along as best we could:

Out of the night, when the full moon is bright,
    comes the horseman known as Zorro.
    This bold renegade carves a "Z" with his blade.
    A "Z" that stands for Zorro.
    Zorro, the fox so cunning and free.
    Zorro, who makes the sign of the "Z."
    Zorro...Zorro...Zorro...

Annette Funicello made several guest appearances on the show.

For some time, Zorro used to run late at night on The Disney Channel in the Vault Disney segment, along with a select number of The Mickey Mouse Club episodes. They don't seem to do Vault Disney anymore.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  17. genburk

genburk Advanced Member Silver Member

KG, Is this your attire for the executive dinner at Conference?

Jul 7, 2007
  18. genburk

My Aunt had 9 children. Not in alphabetical order or anything, but definitely a theme going on. Names are:

Mary Lynn
    Monica Lynn
    Michelle Lynn
    Melissa Lynn
    Maria Lynn
    Marcia Lynn
    Margaret Lynn
    (they switched hospitals and then got two boys):rolleyes:
    Michael David
    Mathew George

You know how you go through all your kids names when you are trying to yell at one of them. Imagine the names being so close:eek: .

Jul 7, 2007
  19. genburk

What do these people all have in common?

Maple Leaf Guy
    Guy Williams (the guy dressed as Zorro)
    The Kitchen Guy

They all dress up for dinner?!?:p

I will now duck for cover because there is sure to be a comment about this !

Jul 7, 2007
  20. mommyhugz1978

mommyhugz1978 Legacy Member Gold Member

OMG ya'll are too funny!!

21. Christ Follower

Christ Follower Legend Member Gold Member

I am ROTFL so hard at all of you guys! I went to go do my show tonight and came home to laugh my butt off!

I now know more about Zorro than I ever thought I'd need to know! I do remember the sitcom playing on disney though.

22. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

They're all "Guy"s. :D

Jul 7, 2007
  23. genburk

That was my first thought !!

You Win!!:D

Then I thought about the dress up part !:cool:

Jul 7, 2007
  24. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The screen name I'm curious about is koolotus. Every time I see it, I think of Star Trek:TNG - "I am Locutus of Borg."

Jul 7, 2007
  25. tlmcunning

tlmcunning Member

Thanks for the info, maybe I won't be looking for Zorro. I already have Superman, Batman, Darth Vader, Bob the Builder, and several others that I can't think of right now. I also don't need the boys marking up the walls anymore than they already have.:rolleyes:

Jul 7, 2007
  26. The_Kitchen_Guy

If I was from Da Yoop, der hey, nobody'd know me 'cause I'd be wunna dis guys.

27. Chef Ritz

Chef Ritz Member

My kid's names are McKayla & Matthew, they are our family calls them the M & M and my brother has two kids GraceLyn & Garett, we call them the G Cousins. We didn't really plan on having it like this, but it just happened.

Jul 7, 2007
  28. The_Kitchen_Guy

It really was a phenomenon in it's day - Disney, in his characteristic way, was spending over 80 grand per episode where the average television series was costing about 15 grand per episode - and if you're watched any of the '50s reruns, you can see it - walls that wobble when a door slams or when snow "blows" on Sgt. Preston you can see the hand throwing it. Guy Williams was an unknown when Disney signed him, and he became an immediate heart throb - even Annette had a crush on him, so Disney cast her in a couple of episodes as her sixteenth birthday present.

There were some legal wranglings over the rights to the character, and rather than put on a show that was under legal scrutiny, Disney just pulled it after two very succesful seasons. (It killed every show that went up against it.) When Disney prevailed in court, the momentum was broken so it never came back as a new show. Disney eventually gave up the rights to the Zorro stories in 1967.

Guy Williams never really caught on anywhere else. He had some bit parts in a couple of Disney movies and some series work but never landed a plum roll again. He moved to Argentina, when he was very popular as Zorro and took up ranching. He died of cancer in 1989.

29. missydivine

missydivine Legacy Member Gold Member

Well, some information about Disney I didn't know. DH GGM dated Disney when he was in KC before he made it big.

30. KimmyDarling

KimmyDarling Advanced Member

Unoriginal name, but not without a story.

My first name is Kimberly, and my middle name is Darling (along with all of the girls/women on my maternal side of the family, going back a few generations). I was Kim growing up.

But, in college, one of my sorority sisters started calling me Kimmy sophomore year. I didn't think it suited me (I'm not really a girly-girl), and figured it wouldn't stick, but others heard and started using, to the point that everybody there called me by that name. When I graduated and moved back to Atlanta, I was a stock trader on a desk with 11 other traders. Well, one day, Michelle (the friend that first started calling me Kimmy) called the desk and asked for Kimmy. Mindy knew me well, especially since she sat two chairs from me, so near that we could reach over/in front of the guy next to us to high-five whenever necessary, without standing up.[​IMG]

she said, "I'm sorry, there's nobody here by that name."
    Michelle said something like, "are you sure? This is the number on her card."
    Mindy said, "yeah, I'm sure. Sorry. There's no Kimmy here."
    Me ears perked up and I said, "wait-- did you say Kimmy?" She nodded.
    I said, "Uh, helloooooo! that's ME!"
    She put Michelle on hold & said, "no way. You're not a "Kimmy." But pickup line two. KIM!"

Anyway, Mindy repeated this story so much that afternoon that it started to stick, and other people started calling me that. Eventually, everybody in the company knew me as Kimmy.

So fast forward to 2001. I fell in love with Jill Conner Browne's "Sweet Potato Queens" books, and visited her website. There was a messageboard there, very similar to this one, and I had to pick a screen name (or a Queen Name, as it was called there). I didn't really try to think of something imaginative-- I just wanted to register quickly, so I could start talking to these other Queens all over the country ASAP! So I just squashed my nickname & middle name together, and it's been my name ever since. I considered making it something cuter, but since Jill has written about me as KimmyDarling in two of her books, I decided not to. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  31. thebowman

thebowman Member Gold Member

In my Cluster there are 2 Shari's and so we were going to use our first name and initial of last name but those were the same too so they just started calling me by my last name, The Bowman.

Jul 7, 2007
  32. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

Mine is my first, middle, and last initial and Pampered Chef

33. ivykeep

ivykeep Advanced Member Gold Member

I always loved the idea of having a named house. When I bought my first house it was COMPLETLEY covered in ivy. I got rid of most of it, but kept a little. I named the house Ivy Keep as a play on words since keep is another name for a castle and I *love* castles. My current house is now The Ivy Keep at Windy Knoll. My original online screen name was Lady of the Ivy Keep but that's been shortened just to IvyKeep. I use it everywhere... I used to own the website ivykeep.com, but let it lapse (oops!) and someone else bought it and now uses it to sell wiccan items.

Jul 7, 2007
  34. The_Kitchen_Guy

My house is named "Mortgaged To The Hilt."

35. micocina

micocina Member Gold Member

My previous screen name was MY3JJJS which stood for my three kids: Jeannise, Julissa & Jovan, but I've recently changed it to MICOCINA which means my kitchen in spanish.

Jul 7, 2007
  36. strtngnw

strtngnw Novice Member

Mine is because I got a divorce last year after a 23 year marriage & I'm starting new in all directions including selling PC

Jul 7, 2007
  37. TwinGirlsMom

TwinGirlsMom Member

I think mine is *fairly* obvious...;)

38. MissChef

MissChef Senior Member Gold Member

hmmmm..... how to describe mine:confused: When I first was getting my email account my hubby helped me come up with it because it's been a nickname for me! MissChef is also so close to mischief, that my hubby liked it and it stuck! When I signed up here, it was only natural to go with it, because that is what I'm known as amongst my business aquaintances. Now all my friends call me MissChef too cause I'm always cooking for eveyone!

My other email address that is not business related is catchef! And that came about because my nickname is Cat (Cathy) and has been since I was a kid! And I have been cooking since I was about 5-6 years old. I became the main cook in my house when I was young when my Mom broke her leg when I was 10 1/2. I would just do as she would tell me to do and I started making roasts with all the trimmings and all kinds of other main meals and it just became my job because I loved it! I would have dinner on the table when my parents came home from work! My Mom misses having me at home!!! But I've been a little chef from the time I was physically able! I also use to cook for my friends and have them over for dinner from the time I was a teenager! And so my friends know of me as a chef too! In fact my best friend wants me to come give her cooking classes!!! So catchef was another option that I considered when I was creating my screen name but I went with MissChef because it's what's connected to my business and this is a Pampered Chef inspired site!;) :)

Cool idea for a thread!:D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
    Jul 7, 2007
  39. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I heard about this thread at the MNG and just remembered it. Fun reading through it!

Mine is very obvious. My yahoo email is a different version of this (bethscooking4u) because this one was taken. I also found out that someone else has bethcooks4u as their pws. Popular name I guess.

Thanks for starting this.

Jul 20, 2007
  40. pamperedmom24

pamperedmom24 Member

Mine is because I have four kids but after seeing it posted I realized it looks like the number "24". Oh well!!

Have something to add?