• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Share Our Screen Names: What Do They Mean?

In summary, Chris is a former nail tech and manicurist teacher who now sells Pampered Chef. Her screen name is PCChris.
Happy B-day Brenda!!

Okay, the first part of mine is obvious, but the last part came from my work. Has anyone heard of "Who Moved The Cheese", well at work they call me the Ritz, as in the cracker, that holds everyone together when the cheese gets moved.

Mine is obvious as well. I have 4 boys, hence they make me CRAZY!!

chefann said:
Actually, the new series has a fairly significant budget. The fact that they look like humans is a big plot point - can't tell who they are, and some have infiltrated Galactica's crew. There's also a human-Cylon cross-breed (just an infant), that only a couple people know exist.

Edward James Olmos is a good replacement for Lorne Greene. But one of the big disappointments was that they made Starbuck a woman in the new version. Frack!

I have been mostly enjoying the new version... I have been getting it thru netflix. I love being able to catch up on all the cable shows! Antenna only here so not many options...

etteluap70PC said:
I have been mostly enjoying the new version... I have been getting it thru netflix. I love being able to catch up on all the cable shows! Antenna only here so not many options...
The season that starts in January will be the last one.

DH and I call it "Galactibore" because it's so slow sometimes. But he actually likes it, despite picking on it. :) A friend of ours didn't believe DH that it was good when it first started, and has been getting the episodes through iTunes to catch up.

chefann said:
Those are Cylons. It should come as no surprise to you that DH is a huge Galactica fan. Both the original from 1978 and the rework/new series on SciFi. Although the Cylons in the new one look like humans, not robots.

Oh, I can SOOOOO sympathize Ann...it's me and the kids when that is one - hubby is glued - doesn't even like to record it (although he does) but STILL has to watch it when it is on. I watched it a bit with him but got bored...

Chef for Pampered Chef, Cat for an old Parliment Funkadelic song " Atomic Dog". There's a line in the song "Why do dogs chase the cat - nothing but the dog in them, woof!" that was sung to me constantly in high school. My nickname was therefore Cat. It's still my favorite song. And, dogs are stil my favorite pet. Go figure.

Cooking because it's what we do abc because it's Alison and Brent Clampet. Friends want to know if we're naming kids with d, e, and f names.... I've outlawed that. No alphabet for me.

QUOTE=cookingabcs]Cooking because it's what we do abc because it's Alison and Brent Clampet. Friends want to know if we're naming kids with d, e, and f names.... I've outlawed that. No alphabet for me.[/QUOTE]

HHHHHAAAAA!!! DS#1 is A, DS#2 is B, DH is C, and I'm D...We must be your worst nightmare!

Our kids are Alexia, Baylor and Colton- we didn't plan it that way but it works. Now if I could just get my MIL to stop buying me teacher gifts that say "ABC"... it isn't that cute!

My sisters and I ended up as ABC, when using our childhood nicknames. Now we're ARE. :rolleyes: But a couple sets of cousins referred to us (as kids) as the ABC cousins.

chefann said:
My sisters and I ended up as ABC, when using our childhood nicknames. Now we're ARE. :rolleyes: But a couple sets of cousins referred to us (as kids) as the ABC cousins.
That's cute! It's way off thread but our family used to call my best cousin and me "salt & pepper" because of our hair color. I am pepper. :D

Fun! Mine is because I was trying to think of something at that moment and my three little ones were bouncing around like crazy! We have called them all beans since they were concieved. So, hence...littlebeans. Just "came to me", lol!

How cute! My husband called our little guy (now 19 mos) "little bean" when he was born!

chefann said:

Thats cute...... I wont tell a sole what my sisters called me as a kid... its just plain mean!:(

I like this 'game'. I have tried to figure out a few of your screen names before, but I have never asked. I also try to figure license plates whenever I see them. Most of the license plates I can figure out and one of them recently got me involved in an hour long conversation at work with a parent. OOOPSS! (the plate was ILNY - what is your guess?)

I've been using my screen name for quite a while for quite a few things. I used my real name for my PWS so it would be easier to remember.

genburk=
gen for genealogy, a hobby for over ... well, let's just say a looong time (20 years)

burk for maiden name Burkart.

(Here is the answer for the license plate ILNY- I live in Ohio and hardly ever go out of state, but as I walked past her truck, I asked her if she loved New York. She was surprised that I asked her that out of the blue, and her plate was for I love New York. She told us more than she expected to, when she started talking about missing New York. I am guessing she was probably late for work too.)

cookingabcs said:
Cooking because it's what we do abc because it's Alison and Brent Clampet. Friends want to know if we're naming kids with d, e, and f names.... I've outlawed that. No alphabet for me.

The Furry Guy is one of seven children. The girls are the A's:

April
Angel

The boys are, in order:

Brent
Chris (AKA The Furry Guy)
Darren
Eric
Neal

Thinking that the last boy doesn't fit the pattern? It's okay. He's the ENd.

My MIL swears she didn't do it on purpose, but I'm not sure I trust her. :rolleyes:

This thread has had me cracking up for the past 10 mins!
It's a suprise I got through it!
Well, First of all, when I was just reading on here, I noticed, almost everyone was 'chef' or 'pc', etc.
So, I chose Chozengirl, well because I have been chosen. Not to mention, it is my screen name on my other boards too.
My life has been one with, let say, MANY ups and downs, and I have been chosen from God to be where I am at today, and feel that if it weren't for Him, I wouldn't be here.
Oh, and I too was born in 1978!
and my email is JAAMNHERRERA
Jose
Anthony
Adriana
Melissa
and we're all jammin' Herrera! :D

mine is a nick name my SIL and Former BIL used to call me, then I just added #s for the heck of it. Had I known I was actually going to sign on with TPC I may have chosen a different name when I first discovered CS!?

Chozengirl said:
Well, First of all, when I was just reading on here, I noticed, almost everyone was 'chef' or 'pc', etc.
So, I chose Chozengirl, well because I have been chosen. Not to mention, it is my screen name on my other boards too.
My life has been one with, let say, MANY ups and downs, and I have been chosen from God to be where I am at today, and feel that if it weren't for Him, I wouldn't be here.Oh, and I too was born in 1978!
Jose
Anthony
Adriana
Melissa
I love that!!!

Chozengirl said:
My life has been one with, let say, MANY ups and downs, and I have been chosen from God to be where I am at today, and feel that if it weren't for Him, I wouldn't be here.
Oh, and I too was born in 1978!
Jose
Anthony
Adriana
Melissa

I vote your name has the best story behind it. (I always wondered if that's what it meant!) I love your email too! :D

I vote your name has the best story behind it. (I always wondered if that's what it meant!) I love your email too!
Awe, thanks, so does that mean that I get like special recognition at conference or something!?! :D
~^~A girl can dream ~^~

Maybe not at conference, but in heaven you will! :)

genburk said:
I like this 'game'. I have tried to figure out a few of your screen names before, but I have never asked. I also try to figure license plates whenever I see them. Most of the license plates I can figure out and one of them recently got me involved in an hour long conversation at work with a parent. OOOPSS! (the plate was ILNY - what is your guess?)

I've been using my screen name for quite a while for quite a few things. I used my real name for my PWS so it would be easier to remember.

genburk=
gen for genealogy, a hobby for over ... well, let's just say a looong time (20 years)

burk for maiden name Burkart.

(Here is the answer for the license plate ILNY- I live in Ohio and hardly ever go out of state, but as I walked past her truck, I asked her if she loved New York. She was surprised that I asked her that out of the blue, and her plate was for I love New York. She told us more than she expected to, when she started talking about missing New York. I am guessing she was probably late for work too.)

My license plate says

APCLADY

versions that were guessed included
Applachian Lady
Armored Personal Carrier Lady
AP Clady

For those playing at home it is A P(pampered) C(chef) lady.....

straitfan said:
HUGE fan of c/w singer George Strait!
He is hot! Don't ya just love Pure Country? I watch it everytime it's on CMT!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not original?

I thought it was quite cunning.

Only you would have come up with that response.:D

My name is the same as my website name. When I was coming up with a name for my website all the obvious ones were taken chefjennifer, pamperedjenn, pcjenn, jennskitchen.... and every single variation thereof.

So I decided I wanted something snappy, not too long, and easy for my clients to remember. So -- yummybytes was born...

Get it ?? Bytes..
electronic data... webapge...
yeah.. i know i'm a sad little geeky girl :p

I know - it's not amazingly creative but it's ALL I'VE GOT!! :)

tlmcunning said:
Only you would have come up with that response.:D
It's not many people that have their name in the theme song to Zorro. (The old Disney Zorro.)

You mean, Zorro didn't start with Antonio Banderes??!?!?!

I didn't know that Disney had a Zorro movie, and here I thought that I had seen all the "boy" Disney movies. I guess I will be looking for that at the library tomorrow.

Mine is also the same as my PWS and the email I use for PC. It makes it easier for me to remember all of my user names if they're all the same. ;-)

Christ Follower said:
Rebecca, I always used to just see the word Cast when I saw your screen name, like rebecca cast. Now I'll see it the other way too!
katie0128 said:
That's funny... I saw "cast" as well.
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
So did I - that's why I always thought of a new Fender guitar - a RebbeCaster, right up there with the old TeleCaster and StratoCaster.

http://www.fender.com/products/prod_images/guitars/0100102808_md.png
pamperedlinda said:
Rebecca....I always read yours as "cast"...not tt (well, not any more...lmao)
KellyTheChef said:
Rebecca~ I still read yours as Rebecca Cast, too!

I can't believe you all had the same idea....I've never thought of that! Just goes to show that new eyes give you a different perspective.

BTW, that's a pretty guitar. If I knew how to play a guitar, maybe I'd buy it!

rebeccastt said:
I can't believe you all had the same idea....I've never thought of that! Just goes to show that new eyes give you a different perspective.
I honestly thought that it was rebecca cast too.

rebeccastt said:
BTW, that's a pretty guitar. If I knew how to play a guitar, maybe I'd buy it!
That's a pretty valuable guitar. Original Tellys and Stratocasters bring big bucks.

tlmcunning said:
I didn't know that Disney had a Zorro movie, and here I thought that I had seen all the "boy" Disney movies. I guess I will be looking for that at the library tomorrow.
It was a television series that ran from 1957 to 1959, starring Guy Williams in the lead role. (I seem to remember a Zorro movie, too, that appeared to be several 22 minute episodes strung together.)
zorro-da.jpg
The show was incredibly popular and was my favorite. For my birthday (I was probably 6) I received a Zorro kit - a cape, a mask and a plastic sword that held a piece of chalk in the end so I could make the "Sign on the Z" without damaging anything. My dad got plenty tired of washing chalk Z's off the garage wall, the basement door and several other places it appeared. I'd wear the cape and mask while watching the show!We couldn't understand all the words to the theme song, but sang along as best we could:Out of the night, when the full moon is bright,
comes the horseman known as Zorro.
This bold renegade carves a "Z" with his blade.
A "Z" that stands for Zorro.
Zorro, the fox so cunning and free.
Zorro, who makes the sign of the "Z."
Zorro...Zorro...Zorro...Annette Funicello made several guest appearances on the show.For some time, Zorro used to run late at night on The Disney Channel in the Vault Disney segment, along with a select number of The Mickey Mouse Club episodes. They don't seem to do Vault Disney anymore.

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

KG, Is this your attire for the executive dinner at Conference?

raebates said:
The Furry Guy is one of seven children. The girls are the A's:

April
Angel

The boys are, in order:

Brent
Chris (AKA The Furry Guy)
Darren
Eric
Neal

Thinking that the last boy doesn't fit the pattern? It's okay. He's the ENd.

My MIL swears she didn't do it on purpose, but I'm not sure I trust her. :rolleyes:

My Aunt had 9 children. Not in alphabetical order or anything, but definitely a theme going on. Names are:

Mary Lynn
Monica Lynn
Michelle Lynn
Melissa Lynn
Maria Lynn
Marcia Lynn
Margaret Lynn
(they switched hospitals and then got two boys):rolleyes:
Michael David
Mathew George

You know how you go through all your kids names when you are trying to yell at one of them. Imagine the names being so close:eek: .

genburk said:
KG, Is this your attire for the executive dinner at Conference?

What do these people all have in common?

Maple Leaf Guy
Guy Williams (the guy dressed as Zorro)
The Kitchen Guy

They all dress up for dinner?!?:p

I will now duck for cover because there is sure to be a comment about this !

OMG ya'll are too funny!!

I am ROTFL so hard at all of you guys! I went to go do my show tonight and came home to laugh my butt off!

I now know more about Zorro than I ever thought I'd need to know! I do remember the sitcom playing on disney though.

genburk said:
What do these people all have in common?

Maple Leaf Guy
Guy Williams (the guy dressed as Zorro)
The Kitchen Guy

They're all "Guy"s. :D

chefann said:

That was my first thought !!

You Win!!:D

Then I thought about the dress up part !:cool:

The screen name I'm curious about is koolotus. Every time I see it, I think of Star Trek:TNG - "I am Locutus of Borg."

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It was a television series that ran from 1957 to 1959, starring Guy Williams in the lead role. (I seem to remember a Zorro movie, too, that appeared to be several 22 minute episodes strung together.)

zorro-da.jpg

The show was incredibly popular and was my favorite. For my birthday (I was probably 6) I received a Zorro kit - a cape, a mask and a plastic sword that held a piece of chalk in the end so I could make the "Sign on the Z" without damaging anything. My dad got plenty tired of washing chalk Z's off the garage wall, the basement door and several other places it appeared. I'd wear the cape and mask while watching the show!

We couldn't understand all the words to the theme song, but sang along as best we could:

Out of the night, when the full moon is bright,
comes the horseman known as Zorro.
This bold renegade carves a "Z" with his blade.
A "Z" that stands for Zorro.
Zorro, the fox so cunning and free.
Zorro, who makes the sign of the "Z."
Zorro...Zorro...Zorro...

Annette Funicello made several guest appearances on the show.

For some time, Zorro used to run late at night on The Disney Channel in the Vault Disney segment, along with a select number of The Mickey Mouse Club episodes. They don't seem to do Vault Disney anymore.

Thanks for the info, maybe I won't be looking for Zorro. I already have Superman, Batman, Darth Vader, Bob the Builder, and several others that I can't think of right now. I also don't need the boys marking up the walls anymore than they already have.:rolleyes:

chefann said:
If I was from Da Yoop, der hey, nobody'd know me 'cause I'd be wunna dis guys.

chefann said:

My kid's names are McKayla & Matthew, they are our family calls them the M & M and my brother has two kids GraceLyn & Garett, we call them the G Cousins. We didn't really plan on having it like this, but it just happened.

tlmcunning said:
Thanks for the info, maybe I won't be looking for Zorro. I already have Superman, Batman, Darth Vader, Bob the Builder, and several others that I can't think of right now. I also don't need the boys marking up the walls anymore than they already have.:rolleyes:
It really was a phenomenon in it's day - Disney, in his characteristic way, was spending over 80 grand per episode where the average television series was costing about 15 grand per episode - and if you're watched any of the '50s reruns, you can see it - walls that wobble when a door slams or when snow "blows" on Sgt. Preston you can see the hand throwing it. Guy Williams was an unknown when Disney signed him, and he became an immediate heart throb - even Annette had a crush on him, so Disney cast her in a couple of episodes as her sixteenth birthday present.

There were some legal wranglings over the rights to the character, and rather than put on a show that was under legal scrutiny, Disney just pulled it after two very succesful seasons. (It killed every show that went up against it.) When Disney prevailed in court, the momentum was broken so it never came back as a new show. Disney eventually gave up the rights to the Zorro stories in 1967.

Guy Williams never really caught on anywhere else. He had some bit parts in a couple of Disney movies and some series work but never landed a plum roll again. He moved to Argentina, when he was very popular as Zorro and took up ranching. He died of cancer in 1989.

Well, some information about Disney I didn't know. DH GGM dated Disney when he was in KC before he made it big.

Unoriginal name, but not without a story.My first name is Kimberly, and my middle name is Darling (along with all of the girls/women on my maternal side of the family, going back a few generations). I was Kim growing up. But, in college, one of my sorority sisters started calling me Kimmy sophomore year. I didn't think it suited me (I'm not really a girly-girl), and figured it wouldn't stick, but others heard and started using, to the point that everybody there called me by that name. When I graduated and moved back to Atlanta, I was a stock trader on a desk with 11 other traders. Well, one day, Michelle (the friend that first started calling me Kimmy) called the desk and asked for Kimmy. Mindy knew me well, especially since she sat two chairs from me, so near that we could reach over/in front of the guy next to us to high-five whenever necessary, without standing up.
highfive.gif
she said, "I'm sorry, there's nobody here by that name."
Michelle said something like, "are you sure? This is the number on her card."
Mindy said, "yeah, I'm sure. Sorry. There's no Kimmy here."
Me ears perked up and I said, "wait-- did you say Kimmy?" She nodded.
I said, "Uh, helloooooo! that's ME!"
She put Michelle on hold & said, "no way. You're not a "Kimmy." But pickup line two. KIM!" Anyway, Mindy repeated this story so much that afternoon that it started to stick, and other people started calling me that. Eventually, everybody in the company knew me as Kimmy.So fast forward to 2001. I fell in love with Jill Conner Browne's "Sweet Potato Queens" books, and visited her website. There was a messageboard there, very similar to this one, and I had to pick a screen name (or a Queen Name, as it was called there). I didn't really try to think of something imaginative-- I just wanted to register quickly, so I could start talking to these other Queens all over the country ASAP! So I just squashed my nickname & middle name together, and it's been my name ever since. I considered making it something cuter, but since Jill has written about me as KimmyDarling in two of her books, I decided not to.
wink.gif

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • {*mandy*}
  • General Chat
Replies
Views