• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Scratches on Stainless Steel Cookware

In summary, the person's husband accidentally scratched their stainless steel pan while cooking. Despite trying various methods, the scratches are still present. The person is seeking advice and suggestions on how to fix the scratches. They have received some suggestions, including using non-abrasive cleaner, baking soda paste, and stainless steel polish.
Nfldfran
Unfortunately my husband scratched my ss pan while I was away. He apparantly stirred whatever he was cooking too vigorously. He won't admit what he used but it was obviously something sharp and pointed.

I tried the ss cleaner but the scratches are still there. has anyone experienced this? Do you have any suggestions to help?

I am not able to demo it in the current state.
Diane

I wish I could help. Husbands....argggg. I don't have any help for you, but can't wait until someone maybe has a suggestion.

Ugh - I'm sorry your husband ruined one of your pans, too. My hubby used a fork on my brand-new non-stick Executive Saute Pan - I almost killed him!! I would call HO to see what they suggest.

I have scratches in mine and cheerfully ignore them. To me, the beauty of having cookware that is not non-stick is that you don't have to be picky about what you stir it with!

, I am so sorry to hear about your scratched ss pan. It's always frustrating when something like that happens, especially when it's caused by someone else. I have definitely experienced this before and have some suggestions that may help. First, try using a non-abrasive cleaner, like Bar Keepers Friend, to gently scrub the scratches. If that doesn't work, you can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and gently rub it onto the scratches. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off. If those methods don't work, you can also try using a stainless steel polish to buff out the scratches. Hopefully one of these solutions will work for you and your pan will be as good as new. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. How can I prevent scratches on my stainless steel cookware?

To prevent scratches on your stainless steel cookware, always use non-abrasive utensils such as wooden or silicone spoons, spatulas, and tongs. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners that can cause scratches. Additionally, avoid stacking your cookware as this can also cause scratches.

2. My stainless steel cookware already has scratches, what can I do to remove them?

If your stainless steel cookware already has scratches, you can try using a non-abrasive cleaner specifically designed for stainless steel, along with a soft sponge or cloth. Gently scrub in the direction of the grain of the stainless steel. You can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and use that to buff out the scratches.

3. Can scratches on stainless steel cookware affect its cooking performance?

Small scratches on the surface of stainless steel cookware should not affect its cooking performance. However, deep scratches that expose the inner layers of the cookware may affect its ability to distribute heat evenly. It is important to regularly check your cookware for deep scratches and replace any damaged pieces.

4. Can I use steel wool or abrasive cleaners to remove scratches on stainless steel cookware?

No, steel wool or abrasive cleaners should not be used on stainless steel cookware as they can cause more scratches and damage the surface. Stick to non-abrasive cleaners and gentle scrubbing methods to remove scratches.

5. Is it safe to continue using my stainless steel cookware if it has scratches?

As long as the scratches are small and not deep enough to expose the inner layers of the cookware, it is safe to continue using it. However, deep scratches can affect the cooking performance and safety of the cookware, so it is best to replace any damaged pieces for optimal use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Poll
  • jessicafawn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef