• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Stains from Mix n' Scrapers: Tomato & Basil Soup Recipe

In summary, if you have a small amount of bleach and water and accidentally stained your mixer scraper, you can clean it with a paste of powdered dishwasher detergent and water. If the stain is from your starter kit, you can send it back for a new one.
rennea
Gold Member
The other day I was using my mix n' scraper to make homemade tomato and basil soup(pc recipe) and it's stained. Does anybody have any good ideas to remove stains from our scrapers?

Small amount of bleach with water. I usually will put it in a tall drinking glass and leave it there a hour or sometimes I forget about it and leave it there overnight.

I will bleach mine about once every 6 weeks to keep mine looking band new.
Mine doesn't usually look stained, I just like them to look there best.

I hope this helps

This works wellI have only had to do this once, and it worked wonders. My daughter didn't wash all the dishes one night, and my small mix n scraper sat all night with red sauce on it, and it wouldn't come clean the next day.

Take POWDERED dishwasher detergent (I now keep a small box on hand just in case, because we use Cascade in the little packs now), and make a paste with a little bit of water. Apply to scraper, and let dry. Put in dishwasher, AS IS, and it should come clean...try it a second time if it doesn't work...

If the stain still won't come out, call HO. If it is from your starter kit, they will send you a new one BEFORE you send it back. They know we need the stuff for our businesses!

HTH!

My stains have always come out in the dishwasher, you could always try sun bleaching too.

I soak mine is bleach a lot of times b/c they stain but if it wont come out call HO, they will send another one b/c It's not supposed to stain.

I think I'm going to call. I have some stains on my handle and I just ordered a new one. Also, the silicone part is a little torn, too.

The only thing that has ever stained mine is the Orange Cascade... don't use it! Home Office knows about this... when I had a problem with mine turning yellowish-orange, I called HO and the lady asked if I was using the Orange Cascade... YEP!!

The strange thing is ...it only affected one of my scrapers...the rest were all fine, even though I had put them all in the dishwasher many times with that Cascade... only the one turned colors...

I tried the bleach and it didn't get them out, I think I'll call for a new one!

I also like to bleach my cutting boards every so often - when they start looking icky, I spray 'em with Clorox and let 'em sit for an hour or so...rinse and they look good as new!

You can also sand the cutting boards if the cuts in them start to get too deep or have a hard time getting clean.

what a great idea Kate!

I also use soft scrub with bleach on my cutting boards if they stain. I just put some on the discolored part and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. I haven't tried it on my scrapers yet, but I would think that it would work on those also.

1. How do I remove tomato stains from my mix n' scraper?

To remove tomato stains from your mix n' scraper, first rinse the scraper with cold water to remove any excess tomato soup. Then, make a paste with equal parts baking soda and water and rub it onto the stained area. Let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water and dish soap. Repeat if necessary.

2. Can I use bleach to remove tomato stains from my mix n' scraper?

No, bleach can actually make tomato stains worse by setting them into the material. Stick to using natural stain removers like baking soda or white vinegar.

3. How do I prevent tomato stains from happening in the first place?

To prevent tomato stains on your mix n' scraper, try spraying the scraper with a cooking spray before using it to make the soup. This will create a barrier between the scraper and the tomato soup, making it easier to clean.

4. What if the tomato stain has already dried on my mix n' scraper?

If the tomato stain has dried on your mix n' scraper, soak the scraper in a solution of equal parts white vinegar and warm water for 30 minutes. Then, scrub the stained area with a sponge or brush before rinsing with warm water and dish soap.

5. Can I use a dishwasher to clean my mix n' scraper after making tomato soup?

Yes, you can use a dishwasher to clean your mix n' scraper after using it to make tomato soup. However, it is recommended to rinse the scraper with cold water first and use a stain remover if necessary before putting it in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leahevanson
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Karen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tloudermilk
  • chefmoseley