• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Scooping Cookie Dough: Big as Grapefruits? Help!

In summary, it is recommended to use about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie, resulting in a cookie the size of a golf ball. While grapefruits are the recommended fruit for scooping, other round fruits like oranges or lemons can also be used as long as they are firm enough to hold the dough's shape. It is best to chill the dough for 30 minutes before scooping to prevent spreading while baking. This technique is most effective with thicker and firmer doughs, and the fruit can be cleaned with warm water and soap or a fruit and vegetable cleaner after use.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have been using the med scoop for cookies like suggested, for some reason they are turning out as big as grapefruits. Should I be using the small scoop for cookies? I had a lady tell me that her small scoop broke when she tried to use it on cookie dough and I am afraid to break mine. Has this happened to anyone else?

hmmm....not quite sure. I always use my medium for cookies, large for muffins, and small for the mini muffin pan. Maybe it's the recipe? Sorry I'm not of much help :(

I have used all 3 scoops for cookie dough with no problems. My recommendation for the medium scoop is to make sure you scrape it across the edge of the bowl so that they aren't too big. I wouldn't worry about using the small scoop with cookie dough if you are wanting smaller cookies. It should be fine.

Yep, I just had a customer buy the small scoop and was using it to make sausage balls and it broke. Pc sent her another one.

My mom uses the small scoop for cookies. They are perfect and not too big!

1. How much cookie dough should I scoop for each cookie?

It is recommended to use about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie. This will result in a cookie that is about the size of a golf ball.

2. Can I use other types of fruit to scoop the cookie dough?

While grapefruits are the recommended size for this technique, you can also use other round fruits such as oranges or lemons. Just make sure they are firm enough to hold the shape of the dough.

3. Do I need to chill the cookie dough before scooping it?

Yes, it is best to chill the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes before scooping it. This will help the dough hold its shape and prevent it from spreading too much while baking.

4. Can I use this technique for all types of cookie dough?

This technique works best with thicker and firmer cookie doughs such as chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin. It may not work as well with softer doughs like sugar cookie dough.

5. How do I clean the fruit after scooping the dough?

After scooping the dough, simply wash the fruit with warm water and soap. You can also use a fruit and vegetable cleaner to ensure it is properly sanitized before using it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
narfing
  • ameliasurf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • pmprdprettyinsnj