1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: School Fundraisers

1. starrmarie

starrmarie Member

I posted this in Fundraisers, but I don't think as many people look in there as in here. Just needing some opinions.

I am sending out letters to all of our schools letting them know about the Pampered Chef Fundraiser. I am going to give each kid a mini catalog and some orderforms and put a sticker on the front of the mini with info about my website. I will set up a fundraiser on the website with the schools name, but how will I know which kid gets the credit for web orders? I was thinking about asking the person ordering to add the childs first and last name to the end of there name.......hmmm I don't know. What would you do? Also, I know alot of fundraisers have prizes for kids as an incentive to sell. Do you leave this up to the school to take care of?

Also, Is there anything else you would include in the students packs besides mini catalogs and orderforms?

Sep 18, 2009
  2. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

I would just send a letter to the school explaining how the fundraiser works and how much they will make and take it from there. Don't worry about the logistics so much until you actually have a fundraiser set up. I know around here the school fundraisers are decided pretty much the year before. Plus everything has to go through the school board to get approved so its not somethign that will happen overnight! So don't stress about the little details.

Sep 18, 2009
  3. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I agree with PCMomto4. You probably are looking at the earliest Spring. If your school is doing a Fall Festival, you can offer a "Stop N Shop" as part of it. Get together 10-15 vendors besides PC and tell them $10 per table plus 10% of total sales to the school. Make sure your school does advertise however. The PTO President I did it with last year FAILED to let the parents know anyone else was there and parents did not come prepared to spend money on anything but the food and games!

Sep 18, 2009
  4. starrmarie

starrmarie Member

Wahoo! Just got a message from a daycare that I sent one of the letters to, and they would like to do a fundraiser and also want me at their "Stop N Shop" in Nov. I called back, and the director was not available so I'm not sure how many kids yet, but It's the largest daycare in our town, Im guessing about 100+ kids. I'm also thinking about asking them if they would like to put together a raffle basket for the "Stop N Shop". Hope this works out well.

Oct 9, 2009
Have something to add?