• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Scams: Connecting via PWS Contact Pages

In summary, there have been reports of a scam targeting Pampered Chef consultants through their Personal Web Sites (PWS) and Home Office contact pages. The scam involves someone claiming to have found the consultant through their PWS and wanting to place an order, but requesting the consultant to deposit a check or money into their account. This has been reported by multiple consultants and PC is aware of the issue. It is advised to be cautious and not deposit any checks or send any money to these individuals. The fraudulent emails may come from various email addresses and include suspicious requests. PC has a fraud department that can be contacted for further assistance.
esavvymom
Staff member
I have seen the direct emails before, and knew they were spam. But lately, in the last two months or so, I've had a few "Contact Me" emails via Pampered Chef Home office (presumably legit emails). The contacts are stating that someone found me through my PWS and want me to contact them to order product. No other info except a phone or email. My gut reaction is "if you have my PWS info, then you can order online yourself!". These are people I do not know. I don't advertise my PWS anywhere anymore (i'm barely active...). I don't know these people. You can't find my PWS on Pampered Chef's "locate a consultant"...the only way you can find my site is if you have my name specifically.
Has anyone else had someone contact them through the PWS Contact me page and found it was a scam?The one I received today had a phone number and an email. The phone comes up from Tampa, FL. I'm in NC. So I googled the email address. I came across this FB post from another consultant....so sending out hte warning to you guys that these crooks are smart. They have figured out how to reach us via our PWS contact pages and Home office so it looks legit. I knew it was suspicious in both cases because you can't find me on PWS without my name specifically. I don't have enough business to have my name come in an area search. (from Kimberly Olinger's FB Page)
Consultants beware!!! I want to make my friends and consultants aware of a email SCAM I received earlier this month. My email came from [email protected] she was an elderly hearing impaired individual out of FL. Said she did not do debit or credit cards but would send a cashiers check to purchase the order. They emailed me what looked like a liget order with item numbers and costs exactly so I entered the order and sent a printed receipt to await payment. Received cashiers check but way over the amount of order asking me to deposit and I would receive info on where to deposit the additional money. I worked for Regions for five years I told them I would not launder their money. Check is not real. And will be shredded.

(Comment from Dana Valadez) Just wanted to let everyone know that this same person is still sending emails to consultants. I received an email from home office stating that a customer named Linda Leo would like to connect with me. I decided to Google the email and came across your post. Thanks for sharing.
Just sharing the warning. This was a bit newer method for me.

Did you let PC know? It shouldn't be difficult to block any lindaleo emails from their servers.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday! Pampered Chef sent an email that I had a new customer with an email address, but no phone # with an address out of Kenmore, NY. Her name is just Rose Ann. That was my first clue. Then she emailed me stating that she wanted to be my new customer with a list of PC items with the product #'s but no prices. I looked at the items and most of them were high priced products and she was o.k. with paying retail. Then, she wanted to send me her check by a pdf. She wanted me to print and deposit the check into my mobile account. When it cleared, then she wanted me to place the order. Well, I checked out the order and it was $485 and if it didn't clear, I would be on the "hook". I ran it through 2 of the directors and they agreed with me that it is a SCAM! PLEASE BE AWARE!I am now trying to find PC's Fraud Dept. so that I can forward the email so that they can maybe block her name and email address. Does anyone know a site that I can forward this email along as a SCAM email?

1. How can I protect myself from scams when using PWS contact pages?

To protect yourself from scams when using PWS contact pages, be cautious and use your best judgement. Avoid clicking on suspicious links or providing personal information to unknown sources. It is also helpful to do some research on the person or company you are contacting before making any transactions or agreements.

2. What are some red flags to look out for when using PWS contact pages?

Some red flags to look out for when using PWS contact pages include requests for personal information, offers that seem too good to be true, and a lack of transparency or legitimacy from the person or company you are communicating with.

3. What should I do if I think I have encountered a scam on a PWS contact page?

If you think you have encountered a scam on a PWS contact page, stop all communication with the person or company and report the incident to the platform or website where you found the contact information. You can also report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or your local consumer protection agency.

4. Are there any precautions I should take before using PWS contact pages?

Before using PWS contact pages, it is important to make sure your devices and personal information are secure. Use strong and unique passwords, regularly update your security software, and be cautious when sharing personal information online.

5. Can I trust all contact information listed on PWS contact pages?

No, you should not automatically trust all contact information listed on PWS contact pages. Scammers can easily create fake profiles and contact information to lure unsuspecting victims. Always do your own research and use caution when communicating with someone you do not know personally.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • huskerlissa
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • Lexif424