• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unsolicited Email Ordering: Protecting Yourself from Fraud

I'm new online and don't have a credit card. This is why I have contacted you to help me out more, I will love to make you my new pamperedchef rep. Payment will be made to you via check or money order so let me know if the mode of payment is accepted, as i do not operate with credit card.I just checked my email again and Fri night I got this message...Hello my name is Roger i was going through your pamperedchef online and find some nice product that i will love to order from youI just checked my email again and Fri night I got this message...Hello my name is Frey i was going through your pampered
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
I got an email on Monday from a name I didn't recognize, with typos saying iwantto order. I got home from vacation Thurs night So I responded letting however it was they could order online or call me or I can call them.
I just check my email again and Fri night I got this message...Hello my name is frey i was going through your pamperedchef online
and find some nice product that i will love to order from you ... I'm
new online and dont use a credit card , this is why i have contact
you to help me out more i will love to make you my new pamperedchef
Rep . Payment will be made to you via Bank Certified Check or Money
order so let me know if the mode of payment is accepted, as i do not
operate credit card and am out of state for a business and i need this
order very urgent and it have a given date for this orders and i want
them to meet that expectations, i'll also tell my friends about
you so that they also can patronize you moreso my debtor will be the
one to mail you the check due to am not arround and i want you to
knidly bear this with me ..but you can wait till you get the check
before you put in my order .. and here are my order below ...#1825 1-cup Prep Bowl Set..... ( 5QTY )
#1204 8 1/4-cup Rectangle Leakproof Glass Container ..... ( 5QTY )
#2172 Bamboo Tool Turn-About ..... ( 5QTY )Kindly let me know if they is discount cos am adding you $20 to your
amount of the order,I am gonna need you to kindly get back to me asap
with your Total price,full name and contact address so that i can have
the full payment sent to you asap so that you proceed with the order
asap.I hope to do more business with you in the nearest future and
hope to read from you soon.
God bless you more..
Sincerely
I know I would never place an order like this that I did not cash the check and make SURE it had FULLY cleared, but I would NOT mail back/take any extra money, and I would not give out my home location out to people I have not personally met or have been referred to by someone I know.. So, I can tell this is not legit so how would you handle this? I plan to call HO on Monday about this as well.

Last edited:
I would not respond to the originator at all! It has SCAM written all over it.

HO just commented on the newswire that this was going on again. Do not respond to this kind of email.

Thanks! I was going to just say nope I can't do it without a credit card number, but I like your ideas of not responding at all!

By responding you are letting them know they have a avid address.

Sadly he/she already knows that... b/c I responded to the I want to order email thinking it was someone from a vendor show or something :(

unfortunately I responded as well, the name kinda sounded familiar, so I asked if they needed to see a catalog, and got the same email as above.

You're likely to start getting a lot of spam now that they know that your e-mail address is valid. But I agree, no point in getting into an e-mail argument with them. Ignoring them is probably the best option.Of course I'm not the type of person to let them off that easily. I'd probably call my local Police Department & see if they were interested in pursuing the case. If so, I'd respond back & tell them that yes, they can mail the check to me, c/o ____ Police Department (and give the PD address) ~ attention Detective _____. If they are stupid enough to send it to them, then let the police handle any criminal offense charges that apply. ;)

OMG I just got 2 emails like the one above.

Yesterday I received:

Colin Morgan [email protected]
10:34 AM (22 hours ago)

to me

--
I want to place some order from you and please do get back to me now
so i can give you the list of the order now okay

Thanks

I responded to the first email by giving him the oof and telling them to fill it out with his order. Now this morning I got this email, mind you it shows the originator Colin Morgan but now am given a different name:

Hello my name is Roger i was going through your Pampered store online and find some nice product that i will love to order from you for the new house warning...... I will have ordered them from my former Pampered rep but she is so ill and got cancer and do not sell any more i will love to make you my new Pampered Rep . Payment will be made to you via Bank Certified Check or Money order so let me know if the mode of payment is accepted, as i do not operate Credit Card or Debt Card and i am a deaf, i'll also tell my friends about you so that they also patronize you.
&nb sp;
THIS IS THE UNIQE PRODUCTS I WANT TO ORDER.

#2707 BBQ Grill Basket — $28.50 (Qty 4)

#2694 BBQ Flexible Turner — $19.50 (Qty 4)

#1526 Cookie Press — $32.50 (Qty 4)

#1900 Clock/Timer — $16.00 (Qty 4)

#2797 Stainless Mesh Colanders — $36.00 (Qty 4)

#2156 Hot Pad/Trivet - Cranberry — $10.50 (Qty 4)

#2272 Quick-Stir® Pitcher — $16.50 (Qty 4)

Kindly let me know if they is discount on it cos am adding you $15 to your amount of the order, am gonna need you to kindly get back to me asap with your Total amount with the $15 am adding you,full name and contact address (not P O Box) so my debtor can issue the owe amount owning me to you okay asap and you can process with the order asap.
here is my phone number 408) 384-3626 but my # is conected with my internet so you can text me on that and my address 1831 montage ct, San jose,CA 95131 so i will be waiting for your mail very soon with the total amount of the order and the info neede for payment.. Please can i put my truth in your with the all amount coming to you from my dabtor?
I hope to do more business with you in the nearest future and hope to read from you soon. I want all order to be ship to your address so my Host Planner can come for pick up from you okay after it deliver to you ok
God bless you more..

Sincerely

nay62 said:
OMG I just got 2 emails like the one above.

Yesterday I received:

Colin Morgan [email protected]
10:34 AM (22 hours ago)

to me

--
I want to place some order from you and please do get back to me now
so i can give you the list of the order now okay

Thanks

I responded to the first email by giving him the oof and telling them to fill it out with his order. Now this morning I got this email, mind you it shows the originator Colin Morgan but now am given a different name:

Hello my name is Roger i was going through your Pampered store online and find some nice product that i will love to order from you for the new house warning...... I will have ordered them from my former Pampered rep but she is so ill and got cancer and do not sell any more i will love to make you my new Pampered Rep . Payment will be made to you via Bank Certified Check or Money order so let me know if the mode of payment is accepted, as i do not operate Credit Card or Debt Card and i am a deaf, i'll also tell my friends about you so that they also patronize you.
&nb sp;

#2707 BBQ Grill Basket — $28.50 (Qty 4)

#2694 BBQ Flexible Turner — $19.50 (Qty 4)

#1526 Cookie Press — $32.50 (Qty 4)

#1900 Clock/Timer — $16.00 (Qty 4)

#2797 Stainless Mesh Colanders — $36.00 (Qty 4)

#2156 Hot Pad/Trivet - Cranberry — $10.50 (Qty 4)

#2272 Quick-Stir® Pitcher — $16.50 (Qty 4)

Kindly let me know if they is discount on it cos am adding you $15 to your amount of the order, am gonna need you to kindly get back to me asap with your Total amount with the $15 am adding you,full name and contact address (not P O Box) so my debtor can issue the owe amount owning me to you okay asap and you can process with the order asap.
here is my phone number 408) 384-3626 but my # is conected with my internet so you can text me on that and my address 1831 montage ct, San jose,CA 95131 so i will be waiting for your mail very soon with the total amount of the order and the info neede for payment.. Please can i put my truth in your with the all amount coming to you from my dabtor?
I hope to do more business with you in the nearest future and hope to read from you soon. I want all order to be ship to your address so my Host Planner can come for pick up from you okay after it deliver to you ok
God bless you more..

Sincerely

I got the first email too. I didn't reply because of the typos and stuff.

I've received 2 this week as well. I responded, since my email is on my website, but declined both. No credit card = no order.

The key to know these are spam or phishing is all the typos and bad use of English. I would not respond even if it came through my PWS. If you don't respond they may think that the website is not active.

Any time an email says "kindly" it is a scam and I'll go out on a limb here and say it's from a foreigner. Who in the heck in the USA asks people to "kindly" order something from them. The typos I can live with because I make typos too, but kindly leave my email out of your schemes, haha.

Sheila said:
You're likely to start getting a lot of spam now that they know that your e-mail address is valid. But I agree, no point in getting into an e-mail argument with them. Ignoring them is probably the best option.

Of course I'm not the type of person to let them off that easily. I'd probably call my local Police Department & see if they were interested in pursuing the case. If so, I'd respond back & tell them that yes, they can mail the check to me, c/o ____ Police Department (and give the PD address) ~ attention Detective _____. If they are stupid enough to send it to them, then let the police handle any criminal offense charges that apply. ;)

Sheila, I sort of used your idea, and just sent my emails to the NYS Police. It will be interesting to see what they say.

Did you include the info from Home Office about how it's an ongoing issue & the checks are fraudulent?

I had something similar happen to my husband and I a few years ago. We were selling some stock truck parts of his on Craigslist. I got an email that said they wanted to buy the parts and would pay to have them shipped. They were mailing me a bank check for $200 over the amount we asked but asked that we send the extra money back to them. Out of curiosity, even though I knew it was a scam, I wanted to report them. So I gave them my work address to send the check to. When I got the check, I called the bank listed on the check and gave them the run down. They gladly checked the check and said that it was bogus. The scam works because by the time the victims deposit the check and then send them the real cash or whatever, they haven't been told it's fraudulent. I did report them to the local police but nothing ever came of it.

I feel left out that I'm not getting these emails! :D

Has corporate stated if there was going to be more of a philtering placed on the new site to help eliminate these types of emails from coming in?

crazyPCcooker said:
Has corporate stated if there was going to be more of a philtering placed on the new site to help eliminate these types of emails from coming in?

How can they do that?? The emails dont go through HO. They go throug your email carriers, and they do what they can, but cant stop it all.

You would likely have to remove your email from your website or something....not sure how they are getting it.

JennyJennJen said:
FYI the scammers email address this time was [email protected]

I just got one from him too!

This is all it said:

--
I want to order on pampered . i need you to help me out.
Thanks

ShellBeach said:
Any time an email says "kindly" it is a scam and I'll go out on a limb here and say it's from a foreigner. Who in the heck in the USA asks people to "kindly" order something from them. The typos I can live with because I make typos too, but kindly leave my email out of your schemes, haha.

Hey! I use "kindly" in my business emails lmao. Maybe I should rethink that.

Anyway, I got an email from this scammer today too. Got me excited for a second but figured I'd research it first.

I wonder where this person got our email addresses from? He's hitting a lot of consultants. Did something from HO get hacked?

Yup, that is what the first email to me said, and, like an idiot, I thought it may have been someone who took my info at a vendor fair so I responded letting them know how to order and they then responded with the email above.

yes, he got me too.

I got this one this week: FROM :[email protected],
Am glad to read back from you,just a little information about me,my name is Lydia Silva.Am a caterers and food service professionals,my company have prefer to order some product on line but for now all the purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me.Below are the list of items needed....#2307 Petite Bamboo Spoon Set................................................................................................(3)
#1089 Crinkle Cutter........................................................................................................................(3)
#1636 Dripless Oil Bottle....................................................................................................................(2)
#1637 Dripless Vinegar Bottle............................................................................................................(2) I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a check for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items,before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location upon my arrivalHope to hearing back from you as soon as possible.For Payment, Get back with the below details1- Name to be written on the certified check
2- Mailing address , No p.o.box
3- Phone Number
4- City
5- Zip Code
6- StateThank you and enjoy your day and how much sales tax to charge? And when is The next order dateThanks
Lydia

I just received the same email from colin morgan @ [email protected].
I replied and then gave it some serious thought later. :(
When I decided to look up his email address this post came up.....
I had a huge vendor fair the other day.....bummer. If he replies im going to the police. The more of us that make a claim the louder they will hear us.

I got one too from DebraDixon:

Thanks for reply,I contacted you on pamperedchef concerning your representative dealership on pamperedchef.Well I want to deal with you in purchasing this items below with you, Due to my new appearance on the site,and i don't have much experience on how buying or purchasing products through credit card,in short i don't have a credit or debit card,due to what i have experienced in the past..And i need to get some items on pamperedchef for my aunty who was a cooker and she just lost her husband ,and i need to go visit her and to get something for her and her children before this month runs out or by next month.I don't want to travell to my aunty with empty hand,bcos she is so good and kind to me.This site has the real things i have been looking for.
I am also nursing a 4 months child,and my husband has stopped me from working, for me to be able to take good care of our child.So i want everything to be done within us.

Below are pamperedchef products i want to purchase.

(3 Quantities ) BBQ Roasting Pan & Can Holder 2714
(2 Quantities ) Simple Additions® Appetizer Plate & Caddy Set 3080
(2 Quantities ) BBQ Pizza Pan 2716
(3 Quantities ) Manual Food Processor Set 2508

Let me know the total cost for Complete Set of this items.?

Let me know if there is a discount to it, I will also add additional fee of $20 handling fee for you,bcos i know all it will take you and for getting this from pamperedchef for me. Also i will make use of my husband ups account in shipping the items from you,after you have order and receive the products from the pamperedchef,then i can forward you a ups shipping label and invoice through my email address for you to print out and paste on the package for shipping,I will also schedule pick up with ups to come down to your address for pick up the Products from you.
My boss i worked with before i stop working after i had a new baby,are owning me money.And my boss is the same as my debtor who will be in charge of mailing out payment to your address.
So do you accept Personal Check/cashier's Check/Money Order as a mode of payment? Kindly email me your full name,contact address,not p.o.box and also your phone number where you will like my debtor to mail out the payment to.And once you receive the payment you can proceed in placing the order for me on pamperedchef,or you can have them order and when you receive payment ,i can then prepare you ups label for the products to be ship from you.
I hope to hear from you soon,and God bless you.

Like others, I replied thinking it was from a guest from a show that I was just closing. Would have been a nice order!

Just READING their english use, or LACK THERE OF, should be your first clue. I realize there are uneducated people in America, but honestly, are they the ones spending much if any money on PC?? Not to stereotype at all, don't get me wrong. But just TRYING to read that above post made my head hurt.And then the "I'll send you $20 extra" bit. No.
The sad thing is, with all of the warnings, people still fall for this stuff. I just wish we could figure out HOW they are getting our info.
Because you can't just google for Pampered Chef and get many consultants websites to come up- it is pretty hard to do. I bet they are using the new Find a Consultant tool, and it has made it SUPER EASY for them to find us?! Think about when this started....new web rolled out?? Before, you had to search for a SPECIFIC consultant to get a list of names/websites. Now, you don't! I bet that is it!

Just got a similar email from Kate Angela <[email protected]>;

Am sorry for the late reply this is Kate i go through your Pampered store online through my search and have some product that is needed which i want you to help me out with to order them for a new house warning...... I will have ordered them from my former Pampered rep but she is so ill and got cancer and do not sell any more i will love to make you my new Pampered Rep . Payment will be made to you via Bank Certified Check or Money order so let me know if the mode of payment is accepted, as i do not operate Credit Card or Debt Card, i'll also tell my friends who deal with cooking tool about you so she can also patronize you.
&nb sp;

#2199 Wine Bottle Opener - $34.00 (Qty 3)

#3080 Appetizer Plates & Caddy Set - $65.00 (Qty 3)

#1958 Shimmering Glass Adjustable Tiered Tower - $49.50 (Qty 3)

#2797 Stainless Mesh Colanders — $36.00 (Qty 3)

#2354 Digital Kitchen Scale - $39.50 (Qty 3)

#1647 Dripless Oil & Vinegar Bottle Set - $48.00 (Qty 3)

Kindly let me know if they is discount on it cos am adding you $10 to your amount of the order, am gonna need you to kindly get back to me asap with your Total amount with the $10 am adding you,full name and contact address (not P O Box) so my debtor can issue the owe amount owning me to you okay asap and you can process with the order asap.
here is my phone number 4083843626 but my # is connected with my internet so you can text me on that and my address 1831 montage ct, San jose,CA 95131 so i will be waiting for your mail very soon with the total amount of the order and the info need for payment.. Please can i put my truth in your with the all amount coming to you from my debtor?
I hope to do more business with you in the nearest future and hope to read from you soon. I want all order to be ship to my address so my Host Planner arrange the order when it deliver to my address
God bless you more..

Sincerely

I just got a message like this from my website today. Initially, I called the phone number, which was a recorded line that hung up on me, and then responded to the email asking if I could help in anyway. The reply email sounded exactly like the emails copied above. The sender was Donna Will at [email protected]. I plan on calling HO tomorrow morning.

I have received two emails from Donna Will-they are scam. I notified the Home Office and they are not allowed to read our emails. Just put them in your spam folder.

Suzy in Texas

Donna Will is a busy "lady", trying to do business all over the country.

I just got a Contact Me email from my website from that same email address. [email protected]. It said he was in AL and wanted to order something so could I contact him. I thought it was weird that someone from AL would pick me in PA to order from so I googled his email address and this topic came up. Thank you for putting it out there so I didn't waste my time getting back to him!
-Jennine

I got one yesterday from Tara Benson, similar email.

OMG- I had the same deal!! I was contacted through my PC website and when I called the phone number - it said I was calling a "Pinger Phone" - what the heck? So I just emailed back (I am a big dummy for doing that) (email address it came from is <[email protected]>) and this is the response I got just this morning!

HI
this is Thomas i was go through your Pampered store online through my search and have some product that is needed which i want you to help me out with to order them for a new house warning...... I will have ordered them from my former Pampered rep but she is so ill and got cancer and do not sell any more i will love to make you my new Pampered Rep . Payment will be made to you via Bank Certified Check or Money order so let me know if the mode of payment is accepted, as i do not operate Credit Card or Debt Card, i'll also tell my friends who deal with cooking tool about you so she can also patronize you.
&nb sp;

#2199 Wine Bottle Opener - $34.00 (Qty 3)

#3080 Appetizer Plates & Caddy Set - $65.00 (Qty 3)

#1958 Shimmering Glass Adjustable Tiered Tower - $49.50 (Qty 3)

#1647 Dripless Oil & Vinegar Bottle Set - $48.00 (Qty 3)

here is my phone number 4083843626 but my # is connected with my internet so you can text me on that and my address 1831 montage ct, San jose,CA 95131 so i will be waiting for your mail very soon with the total amount of the order and the info need for payment.. Please can i put my truth in your with the all amount coming to you from my debtor?
I hope to do more business with you in the nearest future and hope to read from you soon. I want all order to be ship to my address so my Host Planner arrange the order when it deliver to my address
God bless you more..

Sincerely

nkahle said:
Hey! I use "kindly" in my business emails lmao. Maybe I should rethink that.

Anyway, I got an email from this scammer today too. Got me excited for a second but figured I'd research it first.

nkahle, I realize your reply is from months ago, but I did not see it until this topic popped up again.
Nah, don't rethink kindly by itself. It is more of where it's placed in the sentence that raises the red flag.

Like Bobbi pointed out, there are uneducated folks who misspell, but these aren't them!

All of these phrases look like they got plugged into Google translator:
aunty who was a cooker
travel with an empty hand
boss is the same as my debtor
has the real things i have been looking for
proceed in placing the order
mode of payment
she can also patronize you
do not operate credit card
unique products I want to order

But even more than that, they have no common sense to them, so I'm not picking on foreigners except if they're scamming foreigners. A catering company who can't order online? And wouldn't go through a restaurant supply in the first place?

A relative who just lost her hubby and needs help with her kids urgently needs an appetizer plate & caddy stand? Oh rilly?

Well....these kind of emails crack me up, in a way. I have an odd sense of humor and read all the emails from Nigeria. All of these have similar phrases.

I just wanted to say thank you to those who have taken the time to post this information here. A couple months ago I received a contact submission form from my website from Donna Will. Today I got one from Chris Frey. Before responding to either one, I came here and searched the names and found they were both scams. So, I didn't respond to either one.

Thank you for saving me from wasting my time!

Shari in TX

I received one from "Frey Chris" today also.This one's getting better at English ... LOL
The following person has submitted an e-mail from your Personalized Site:Name: Frey chris
E-mail: [email protected]
Day Phone: (646) 600-9516
Evening Phone: (646) 600-9516
Address: no information entered - no information entered
City: no information entered
State: no information entered
Zip: no information entered
Language Preference EnglishThis person is interested in the following matters:When is the best time to contact you? Morning
Refer: no information entered
Comments or Message: I want to order for Christmas

I got these scammers this week ... right before Christmas!

(s)he's back! This time with the name Star Bell, email [email protected] & the same 515 phone number.

Last edited:
I received a Contact me Page Submission this morning from someone named "Frey chris" with the phone number 646-600-9516. Call me overly cautious, but I did a quick google search under "Frey Chris scam" and found this: http://www.whycall.me/646-600-9516.html.

Just got this one today, I was hpoing it was a legit one since they didn't actually list what they wanted to order :(

Because of jerks like this, they make us so suspicious of legitimate emails! I had an email from a lady two weeks ago. I wasn't sure at all if she was for real. I asked a couple of innocent questions, and found out she was from my church, etc. phew! But still.....

Has anyone gotten any scam email lately? I haven't- so I'm hoping PC got on top of it.

one of my team members just got the Chris Frey one again on Monday of this week

I got this phone text today: "From:[email protected] (BeulahU.) Last day your phone is 2Nd! H to get target card. Code:5677"
Anyone else lucky?

Another one to add to the list:

Name: Toni Renner
E-mail: [email protected]
Day Phone: (515) 635-4509

I didn't find that name on this site, so I did a search of the phone number and found other PC consultants who had contacted this person and gotten a story about debtor owing her money who would pay for the items.

I thought I would post here so those searching this site would find the name and not bother responding to any requests from her. I received her information through my website.

Shari in TX

I just got another one today. This time from Slaten Romeo.

<h2>1. Is it safe to accept unsolicited email orders?</h2><p>No, it is not safe to accept unsolicited email orders. These types of orders are often fraudulent and can put you at risk for financial loss or identity theft.</p><h2>2. What should I do if I receive an unsolicited email order?</h2><p>If you receive an unsolicited email order, do not respond to the email or provide any personal or financial information. Instead, you should report the email to your company's headquarters and to the proper authorities.</p><h2>3. How can I protect myself from email order fraud?</h2><p>To protect yourself from email order fraud, it is important to only accept orders from customers you know or have been referred to by someone you trust. You should also verify any new customers and their payment information before fulfilling their order.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I suspect an email order is fraudulent?</h2><p>If you suspect an email order is fraudulent, do not respond or fulfill the order. Instead, report it to your company's headquarters and to the proper authorities. It is also important to educate yourself and your team on how to recognize and handle potential fraud attempts.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I have already accepted an unsolicited email order?</h2><p>If you have already accepted an unsolicited email order, it is important to proceed with caution. Do not ship any products until you have verified the payment and the legitimacy of the customer. You should also contact your company's headquarters and follow their protocol for handling potentially fraudulent orders.</p>

1. Is it safe to accept unsolicited email orders?

No, it is not safe to accept unsolicited email orders. These types of orders are often fraudulent and can put you at risk for financial loss or identity theft.

2. What should I do if I receive an unsolicited email order?

If you receive an unsolicited email order, do not respond to the email or provide any personal or financial information. Instead, you should report the email to your company's headquarters and to the proper authorities.

3. How can I protect myself from email order fraud?

To protect yourself from email order fraud, it is important to only accept orders from customers you know or have been referred to by someone you trust. You should also verify any new customers and their payment information before fulfilling their order.

4. What should I do if I suspect an email order is fraudulent?

If you suspect an email order is fraudulent, do not respond or fulfill the order. Instead, report it to your company's headquarters and to the proper authorities. It is also important to educate yourself and your team on how to recognize and handle potential fraud attempts.

5. What should I do if I have already accepted an unsolicited email order?

If you have already accepted an unsolicited email order, it is important to proceed with caution. Do not ship any products until you have verified the payment and the legitimacy of the customer. You should also contact your company's headquarters and follow their protocol for handling potentially fraudulent orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Suzyengl
  • alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Lexif424