• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Scalloped Potatoes be Made in the DCB?

In summary, the ingredients for making Scalloped Potatoes in the Dcb include sliced potatoes, milk, butter, flour, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and optional ingredients like bacon, onions, or herbs. To make this dish, layer the sliced potatoes in the Deep Covered Baker and pour a mixture of milk, melted butter, flour, and seasonings over the top. Add shredded cheese and microwave for 20-25 minutes. You can use any type of shredded cheese for this recipe and Russet potatoes are the best choice. This dish can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated before cooking.
CAPCnewbie
I've never made them before but all of a sudden I have a craving for them for dinner tonight. Does anyone have a good simple recipe to share or know if they can be made in the DCB?

My mom makes scalloped potatoes a lot in the microwave in a pyrex round casserole dish, so there's definitely a way you can do this in the DCB. :)Here's how she taught me to make her version:6-8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 2 Tbsp minced onion
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups milkGrease DCB with butter. Put in 1/2 of the potatoes. Sprinkle 1/2 the onions on. Sift 1/2 of the flour over it. Sprinkle 1/2 the seasonings. Repeat layers. Pour the milk over it. Dot it with pats of butter. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more. I don't have her microwave times, though. I'd do it 10 minutes and then check on it. And add more time as needed. I haven't done it in a few years, so I forget. Next time I make this, I'll keep track of the time.

I made them in the DCB for Easter. I used the mandoline to slice the potatoes, then layered them in the baker with onions and sprinkled grated parmesan cheese a little flour, some paprika and a dash of nutmeg and black pepper between each layer then poured in a can of evaporated milk in and topped it with more cheese ~ put the lid on and baked 'em for about 40 minutes...

What are the ingredients for making Scalloped Potatoes in the Dcb?

The ingredients for making Scalloped Potatoes in the Dcb include: sliced potatoes, milk, butter, flour, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and optional ingredients like bacon, onions, or herbs.

How do I make Scalloped Potatoes in the Dcb?

To make Scalloped Potatoes in the Dcb, first layer the sliced potatoes in the Deep Covered Baker. In a separate bowl, mix together milk, melted butter, flour, and seasonings. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and top with shredded cheese. Microwave for 20-25 minutes and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Can I use other types of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese for this recipe. Cheddar cheese is a popular choice, but you can also use Swiss, Gruyere, or a blend of different cheeses for added flavor.

What is the best type of potato to use for this dish?

Russet potatoes are the best choice for Scalloped Potatoes in the Dcb. They hold their shape well and have a nice texture when cooked. However, you can also use Yukon Gold potatoes or red potatoes if that's what you have on hand.

Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Scalloped Potatoes in the Dcb ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to cook. Just make sure to cover the dish with plastic wrap before refrigerating. You may need to adjust the cooking time if the dish is cold when you put it in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lakamper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ShelbyMichalek