• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Should I Cook a Double Batch of Scalloped Potatoes in the DCB?

In summary, the ingredients needed for Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled are 4 lbs of russet potatoes, 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, 1 1/2 cups of whole milk, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tbsp of butter. To prepare and cook Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled, preheat your oven to 375°F, peel and slice the potatoes, heat the cream mixture, layer the potatoes and pour the cream over them, top with cheese and butter, cover and bake for 45 minutes, then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
ChefPaulaB
Just wondering, if I make a double batch of Scalloped Potatoes in the DCB, so I double the whole cooking time or just add like an extra half hour or what? I have done it before (but not in the DCB, in the 9x13) but I can't remember the times... I seem to be having a little brain fog this season and can't remember anything! TIA!

I always cook about 45 minutes, check to make sure it is done. Then take cover off so the top layer can crisp up a little and some of the juice can evaporate.

It depends on the recipe and the size of your DCB, but generally, you should add an extra 30 minutes to the cooking time for a double batch. However, it's always a good idea to check on the dish periodically and adjust the cooking time as needed. And don't worry about the brain fog, it happens to the best of us during the busy holiday season! Happy cooking!

What are the ingredients needed for Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled?

The ingredients needed for Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled are 4 lbs of russet potatoes, 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, 1 1/2 cups of whole milk, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tbsp of butter.

How do I prepare and cook Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled?

To prepare and cook Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled, you will need to first preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, peel and thinly slice the potatoes. In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream, milk, garlic, salt, and pepper until it simmers. Layer the potatoes in a baking dish and pour the cream mixture over them. Top with shredded cheese and dot with butter. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the potatoes are tender.

Can I make Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled ahead of time. After assembling the dish, cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. When ready to bake, let the dish sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as directed.

Can I use different types of cheese for Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled?

Yes, you can use different types of cheese for Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled. Some popular options include gruyere, parmesan, or a blend of different cheeses. You can also experiment with adding herbs or spices to the cheese for added flavor.

How many servings does Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled make?

Scalloped Potatoes - Doubled makes approximately 8 servings. However, this may vary depending on the size of your potatoes and how thinly they are sliced.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • A&JPCPals
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
A&JPCPals
  • ChefJoyJ