• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will Ollie make a full recovery from his surgery?

lol....amen!!!Erin I know what you mean about the bill. Our 15wk old at the time yorkie tried to get up in my car as my door was closing & she was hurt really bad. We went to the ER for dogs that afternoon (Sunday) & left her there. They called at 3am to tell us be prepared to pick her up in a coma. We thought we would loose her. At 7am when I went to get her from the ER they said she had started making a little bit of sound. I took her to the regular vet which the sent me to the ONLY neurologist? in the state of Arkansas. They did a CT scan on her to reveal she had multiple skull fractures &
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
My baby Ollie had surgery last night. He is a 2 1/2 year old Chocolate Lab who regularly likes to eat panties. This weekend it got to be to much for his system.
We drove him down to Wilmington(1 hours and 15 minutes away) to a Animal Trauma Hospital. We left at 9:30 and they called at 2:30 AM to let us know his surgery went fine but that they had to remove some of his intestines. I had to be there to pick him up between 7-7:30 and drove him back here to our vet for observation. They have him on fluids and pain meds and I have to pick him up this evening and keep him at home for the night. He has to go back in the morning for another day of observation. With any luck he will be cleared tomorrow night to come home. He will need his staples removed in 10-14 days.

Please just say a prayer for his safety, for no infection, for him to come home and for me not to snap. I had a panic attack last night in the car after we left him. His surgery and vet bills amount to over $2000. I am freaking out just a little bit because I had to borrow the money from my BFF's. Thank God for them or well...I am sure you can imagine the alternative. Anywho...please just say a prayer of healing for Ollie and a prayer for sanity for me.

Thanks y'all.........

~E

Oh and we are starting him on Pet Insurance ASAP...........

Erin, Oh your poor dog!!! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck.

Hopefully he has learned his lesson and quits eating panties.

will pray for your panty-eating baby dog!

Oh poor baby! I will say a prayer that he recovers well.

oh erin. that almost made me cry. i have a black lab who went through that phase very briefly and it always made me nervous. and every time ive had to take her to the ER (believe it or not - ive had to take her three times in the past year), ive been so fortunate that the bills been $200 or less. i always worry that its going to be something i cant afford and i wont be able to save my girl.

ill keep ollie in my prayers for a fast recovery. hang in there.

I'll add you and Ollie to my prayer list, too.

Poor little guy. You'll both be in my prayers.From the Let It Out section of our newspaper: Ever pay $249 for a single sock? You will if your dog swallows it.

chefmeg said:
will pray for your panty-eating baby dog!

Ok...I know this thread is not supposed to be funny...but I hope you got a chuckle out of that one Erin!

I pray that Ollie heals quickly...and that God blesses your business or takes care of the finances in some unimaginable way! He works in ways we would never think of!

Poor little guy. You'll both be in my prayers.

From the Let It Out section of our newspaper: Ever pay $249 for a single sock? You will if your dog swallows it.

kellythechef said:
ok...i Know This Thread Is Not Supposed To Be Funny...but I Hope You Got A Chuckle Out Of That One Erin!

I Pray That Ollie Heals Quickly...and That God Blesses Your Business Or Takes Care Of The Finances In Some Unimaginable Way! He Works In Ways We Would Never Think Of!

....amen!!!

Erin I know what you mean about the bill. Our 15wk old at the time yorkie tried to get up in my car as my door was closing & she was hurt really bad. We went to the ER for dogs that afternoon (Sunday) & left her there. They called at 3am to tell us be prepared to pick her up in a coma. We thought we would loose her. At 7am when I went to get her from the ER they said she had started making a little bit of sound. I took her to the regular vet which the sent me to the ONLY neurologist? in the state of Arkansas. They did a CT scan on her to reveal she had multiple skull fractures & a small amount of swelling next to her spinal cord. They gave us steriods for her & told us no running or playing w/her brothers for 2 months! By that Friday she was acting like nothing happend. So my thing is the over $2000 in bills was so worth it for our precious baby girl & with your love & care your baby will be fine too! Also, my dogs have issues chewing on my thongs which totally grosses me out! The biggest will topple over my laundry container to get to them. To my knowledge none have been swallowed but you have me thinking I need a new plan to keep them away from my undies. Good luck & your baby will be fine!!

p.s. our baby is now 17wks old

Oh I sure hope his pantie days are over, I hope he remembers this!!! Good luck and prayers for you and your baby.

Well...he is home for the night. He has to go back to the vet for the next three days from 9-6 to be monitored. I am still freaking becasaue he is not out of the woods until at least day 5. This just sucks.................

I do find the humor...trust me if I didn't I would be a complete mess..

it is amazing how quickly our pets become part of our family, isn't it? I used to think people that cried over the death of a pet were nuts until I owned a kitty that got sooo sick we finally had to put him down....I was so disraught I could hardly drive home from the vet.
Erin, I hope your furry baby gets better~sounds like he is on his way!

Glad to hear that he is home!!

What is "Say a Little Prayer..."?

"Say a Little Prayer..." is a line of kitchen products from Pampered Chef that are specifically designed to make meal prep and cooking easier and more efficient.

What makes "Say a Little Prayer..." products different from other kitchen products?

Our "Say a Little Prayer..." products are unique because they are designed with thoughtful features and functionality to help you save time, effort, and space in the kitchen. They also come with a lifetime guarantee, so you can trust in their quality and durability.

What types of products are included in the "Say a Little Prayer..." line?

The "Say a Little Prayer..." line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets such as measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, colanders, spatulas, and more. We also offer different sets and bundles to help you fully stock your kitchen.

Are "Say a Little Prayer..." products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our "Say a Little Prayer..." products are dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze after cooking and baking. Just be sure to check the product description for any specific care instructions.

Can I purchase "Say a Little Prayer..." products directly from Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase "Say a Little Prayer..." products directly from Pampered Chef consultants or through our website. We also offer special discounts and promotions throughout the year, so be sure to keep an eye out for those as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
Replies