• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Saw This on Facebook Today & About Fainted! :(

In summary, this Facebook post is a marketing ploy that could backfire and cost consultants their income.
Sheila
Gold Member
I think they have good intentions to boost sales, but I added a big "NO" sign to the front & posted this for my team:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/227657_10200310070139590_286899841_n.jpg

Please DO NOT do this! I just saw this floating around on Facebook. It might look like a good idea, but trust me, it could come back to bite you (and your upline) in the end.

First of all, HO's wording is "within the first year"

But most importantly, read this excerpt from the "returns" section on page 10 of the policy guide:
"...
• Per the Consultant Agreement, a Consultant authorizes the Company to deduct commissions, overrides and other amounts due to a Consultant on products returned by customers.
• On any adjustment to commissions or overrides over $20, the Consultant will be notified by Consultant Career Solutions.
• In addition, any manipulation of Cooking Shows or orders through product returns will result in loss of commissionable sales, awards and earnings for the Consultant and upline(s).
• The Pampered Chef® is not responsible for any loss of incentives or awards, Director promotion/maintenance requirements or Consultant activity status"

What does that mean? Home Office can and has been known to go back & take away those sales for the month the item is sold when whole orders are returned and/or if they see a pattern of returns by your hosts/customers. This means the returns could change a consultant's paycheck for the month the sale was made which could affect your incentives earned that month, trip points you thought you had, Excellence Awards ... AND, if it means your "active" status drops to "inactive", or if it means team sales dropped lower than the requirement your upline needed that month to be "paid as" their title, it would mean an adjustment to your Director's pay & title that month if she was counting on you and your sales for her title, and could affect her Director if they were counting on her, and their Director ...

Any time a customer says they are not satisfied with a product, you should definitely make sure they know about our Satisfaction Guarantee, but it's just not good business for you or your upline for you to be out there marketing this like an infomercial.

That's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Feel free to share with your team if you are concerned about them implementing this marketing.

Yes- someone is barking up the wrong tree!

Can you imagine how many returns HO would start getting, how much it would cost the company and how it would affect the consultant & her upline down the road? SCARY!!!

Good gravy! That is one scary FB promotion. That consultant is probably promoting that at her shows, too. I haven't seen this on FB and hope I don't!

It's on a forum that currently has 5,446 members and is all about doing Facebook shows. I'm afraid it's about to go viral! She just posted it today. Glad I saw it & I hope I got to my team before they see it elsewhere.

I think that's the group I'm in but it doesn't show up on my newsfeed.

Yikes!!! Not good at all!

big yikes!!!!

yeah the ad has a feeling of cheapness. nice of you to correct!

It's gone. Someone else saw her post that HO asked her to take it down & then she did. She's probably not yet understanding WHY it's not a good thing. But at least it's gone. We don't yet know how many consultants saved it & are using it. Or who they'll give it to ... but at least it's not still up being advertised!!!

Sheila said:
It's gone. Someone else saw her post that HO asked her to take it down & then she did. She's probably not yet understanding WHY it's not a good thing. But at least it's gone. We don't yet know how many consultants saved it & are using it. Or who they'll give it to ... but at least it's not still up being advertised!!!

Agreed, whether or not she get's it is the least of the worries. Infection has stopped. :)

True!!! ;)

FB is a blessing and a curse in the right or wrong hands! I have team members that I just cringe everytime I see what they post about their business.

I hear you on that one Jenni! It's crazy what some people will post (sometimes begging for orders).

What is "Saw This on Facebook Today & About Fainted!"?

"Saw This on Facebook Today & About Fainted!" is a phrase often used to express surprise or shock at something seen on Facebook.

Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase to convey extreme shock or surprise at something they saw on Facebook. It is often used humorously or as a way to express disbelief.

What types of posts might elicit this reaction?

Any type of post that is unexpected, shocking, or humorous could elicit this reaction. It could be a funny meme, a heartwarming story, or a wild news story.

Is this phrase used seriously or sarcastically?

It can be used in both ways. Some people may genuinely be surprised and use this phrase seriously, while others may use it sarcastically to exaggerate their reaction.

Is this phrase unique to Facebook?

No, this phrase can be used on any social media platform or even in person. It originated on Facebook but has become a popular phrase used in various contexts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila