• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointing Salisbury Steaks from Weekday Dinners | Honest Recipe Review

In summary, the recipes we tried were not very good. Neither myself nor my husband was very impressed with them. Which for my DH to say that about food is a shock! He eats anything! I think it was alot like beef stew after it was all said and done. Mine was alot more thicker than i had imagined. and to me the meet just tasted like meatloaf...anyone else not really like this recipe???
pc_jessica
so i made these tonight out of the weekday dinners- done! and i must say that neither myself nor my husband was very impressed with them. which for my DH to say that about food is a shock! he eats anything! i think it was alot like beef stew after it was all said and done. mine was alot more thicker than i had imagined. and to me the meet just tasted like meatloaf...anyone else not really like this recipe???
tomorrow night is the turkey tertizini (spelling?)

I didn't like these, either. Actually, neither DH nor I have liked the 2 recipes from the cards we've tried so far that have been made with ground beef - the Salisbury Steaks and the Cheeseburger Pizza.

well i didn't use ground beef...we use ground turkey instead...and normally ground turkey doesn't make a recipe not turn out right...so im thinking it was just the recipe itself! we haven't tried the cheeseburger pizza yet i think that is on my menu for next week.

I didn't like the steaks either. I did mess up and put the WHOLE can of tomato paste in the meat tho, but still... wasn't thrilled with it. Oh, well.... better luck next time.

Now we did like the pizza....

We didn't care for the Salisbury Steak, but the Pronto Pasta & Sausage and Turkey Tetrazzini were hits! Also, the Parmesan Chicken & Risotto was good, too.

The salisbury steak recipe is much more complicated and requires many more ingredients than the recipe that I have been using for years out of my ole standby Good Housekeeping cookbook (wedding present from a friend of my husband's, I guess I could not cook when we got married). I haven't tried it yet though. We are making the morrocan chicken but subbing the cajun rub for the morrocan rub. I also have to sub evaporated milk for the sour cream as my family will not eat anything with sour cream, although they all tore up the mock lemon cake, I just did not tell them about the sour cream.:angel:

Agree - we didn't like the Salisbury Steaks either! I thought I messed up the recipe, but after reading what everyone else wrote looks like I guess I didn't! Turkey Tetrazzini is excellent, as is the Tortellini dish...

rudy31 said:
Agree - we didn't like the Salisbury Steaks either! I thought I messed up the recipe, but after reading what everyone else wrote looks like I guess I didn't! Turkey Tetrazzini is excellent, as is the Tortellini dish...

We had the tortellini toss last night (why does that sound like we went to some bizarre food-themed county fair?). I really liked it, although the sauce was a little thin because there was a significant amount of broth left in the DCB after cooking the tortellini. DH thought it would be better with a little bacon in it, although he's hardly a disinterested commenter- he things everything is better with bacon.

chefann said:
We had the tortellini toss last night (why does that sound like we went to some bizarre food-themed county fair?). I really liked it, although the sauce was a little thin because there was a significant amount of broth left in the DCB after cooking the tortellini. DH thought it would be better with a little bacon in it, although he's hardly a disinterested commenter- he things everything is better with bacon.

That's because everything IS better with bacon.:D

True about the excess chicken broth - you can do 2 things... Either (a) dump a little of it out before finishing the recipe (after the tortellini cooks) or (b) let it sit a little to give it time to absorb. It also thickened after refrigerating for leftovers. Hope this helps!

I had the same problem with the broth...however, I really don't like Tortellini so although my MIL like it I don't think I'll make it again. :yuck:

We made the salisbury steaks tonight, and it looks like we're the exception to the rule: We liked them! Only 2 of us ate them so far...one of my kids is sick, and one is jet lagged so he's sleeping. We don't have a family favorite recipe to compare it to, though.
We did tweak a tiny bit: We put 3 garlic cloves in, and added more worchestershire (no measuring) and some rib rub that we always put on burgers after adding the patties to the sauce/veggies.
I wouldn't use it at a show, but did think it was tasty.

What are the ingredients for Savory Salisbury Steaks?

The ingredients for Savory Salisbury Steaks typically include ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, and beef broth.

How do I cook Savory Salisbury Steaks?

To cook Savory Salisbury Steaks, first mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Form the mixture into oval-shaped patties and cook them in a skillet over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side. Then, add beef broth to the skillet and let the steaks simmer for another 10-15 minutes.

Can I use a different type of meat for Savory Salisbury Steaks?

Yes, you can use ground turkey or ground pork instead of ground beef for Savory Salisbury Steaks. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

What sides go well with Savory Salisbury Steaks?

Savory Salisbury Steaks pair well with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a simple green salad. You can also serve them with a side of gravy for added flavor.

Can I make Savory Salisbury Steaks ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Savory Salisbury Steaks ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JDooley
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
Replies