• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saving Money: Making Your Own Butter

In summary, making your own butter can save you up to 50% compared to store-bought butter, and the cost will depend on the price of ingredients. To make homemade butter, you will need heavy cream, salt, and a jar with a tight-fitting lid. The process takes about 10-15 minutes, but may take longer if using a hand-cranked churn or food processor. It is best to use heavy cream with a high fat content, but whipping cream or double cream can also be used. Homemade butter can last 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer if stored properly.
Dina Atnip
Gold Member
Making your own butter. Mix heavy whipping cream and a little bit of salt into a small electric mixer one from wm for less than $10 mix 3 min and you will have butter. If you want honey butter just add honey. Don't add alot of salt a little will do also if it doesn't seem to be making the butter add a little more salt and there you go. It's good and good for you. I refrigerate in our prep bowl.

Re: Saving MoneyThanks Dina for starting this. I mis-read and didn't realize we were suppose to start the thread!

So, My husband says "Prepare & eat low cost Pampered Chef meals at home". !

Creating homemade foods is always the best. You control so many factors and usually for a lot less!

1. How much money can I save by making my own butter?

The cost of making your own butter will depend on the price of the ingredients you use. However, in general, homemade butter can save you up to 50% compared to store-bought butter.

2. What ingredients do I need to make my own butter?

To make your own butter, you will need heavy cream (preferably organic), a pinch of salt, and a jar with a tight-fitting lid.

3. How long does it take to make homemade butter?

The process of making homemade butter typically takes about 10-15 minutes. However, it may take longer if you prefer to use a hand-cranked churn or a food processor instead of shaking the jar by hand.

4. Can I use any type of cream to make butter?

For best results, we recommend using heavy cream with a high fat content (at least 35%). You can also use whipping cream or double cream, but the resulting butter may not be as rich and creamy.

5. How long does homemade butter last?

Homemade butter can last up to 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator, as long as it is stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze homemade butter for longer storage, up to 6 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
D_Patel
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies