• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking to Save Money and Get on Track? Try Dave Ramsey's Budget Worksheet!

In summary, to create a budget, list all sources of income and expenses and subtract to determine leftover amount. Save at least 20% of income, have an emergency fund, and include debt payments. Review and update budget monthly. Tips for sticking to a budget include setting realistic goals, tracking spending, and allowing for flexibility.
esavvymom
Staff member
Kow where EVERY dollar goes. The best budget worksheet I have found is in Dave Ramsey's material. You can find it in most of his books, so dont need the course. "Total Money Makeover" is one we started with and got hooked.

But his budget has more REALISTIC categories and subcategories. Too many others just have general categories.

If you know where every dollar is going (and yes, you can assign some to "misc") then you become more aware of where every dollar is going! It makes you think about your spending and you can trim the fat as needed.

esavvymom said:
you become more aware of where every dollar is going!

I know that when I have my money situation down on "paper" I end up sleeping better. Even if the situation is not that good, it's infinitely better than worrying and trying to think of everything when hit the hay :)

I completely agree with you about Dave Ramsey's budget worksheet. I've been using it for a few months now and it has really helped me stay on track with my spending. I also like how it breaks down expenses into more specific categories, rather than just general ones. It definitely makes you more aware of where your money is going and helps you make adjustments as needed. And assigning some money to "misc" is definitely necessary for those unexpected expenses. I highly recommend giving it a try to anyone looking to improve their budgeting skills.

1. How do I create a budget?

To create a budget, start by listing all of your sources of income, such as salary, tips, and investment earnings. Then, make a list of all your expenses, including bills, groceries, and entertainment. Subtract your total expenses from your total income to determine how much money you have left over. This leftover amount is what you can allocate towards savings or paying off debt.

2. How much should I allocate towards savings in my budget?

A good rule of thumb is to save at least 20% of your income. If you're just starting to save, begin with a smaller percentage and gradually increase it over time. It's also important to have an emergency fund with enough money to cover 3-6 months' worth of expenses.

3. Should I include debt payments in my budget?

Yes, it's important to include debt payments in your budget. Make sure to prioritize paying off high-interest debt first, as it will save you money in the long run. If you have multiple debts, consider consolidating them into one monthly payment to make it easier to manage and potentially lower your interest rate.

4. How often should I review and update my budget?

It's a good idea to review and update your budget on a monthly basis. This allows you to track your spending and make any necessary adjustments. If your income or expenses change significantly, you may need to update your budget more frequently.

5. What are some tips for sticking to a budget?

One tip is to set realistic and achievable goals. This can help motivate you to stick to your budget. It's also important to track your spending and stay organized. Consider using a budgeting app or spreadsheet to make it easier. Finally, allow yourself some flexibility and don't be too hard on yourself if you go over budget occasionally. Just make sure to adjust your budget accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies