• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have any money-saving and time-saving tips for cooking in bulk?

In summary, buying in bulk from places like Gordon's Food Service can save time and money. Having go-to recipes and prepping ingredients ahead of time can also help with meal planning and feeling in control in the kitchen."
blueberrylady
Gold Member
You do not have to belong to Sams or Costco to buy in bulk. Gordon's Food Service does not charge a fee to shop there. And their frozen chicken breasts are the best tasting frozen ones I have found.

You should always have 5 go-to recipes that you can make in a pinch for family or company. If part of your recipe is cooked and frozen ahead, you will at least feel somewhat in control :)

My favorites:

Frozen chicken breast. Cook up in the DCB or on the large Bar Pan and cut into pieces for what ever your recipes call for (I usually bake 10 or 12, cool, then cube some for soup, thinly slice for stir fry, shred for tacos, fajitas, etc.)

Dried Beans

Cook bulk dried beans in your crockpot. I bag up pint freezer bags and freeze them, or make refried beans using this recipe allrecipes.com/recipe/refried-beans-without-the-refry
These taste good & freeze well.

Ground beef

Buy 10 #. Make up PC power cooking recipes. Shape (small scoop) a couple # into meatballs, bake and freeze (each container should have enough for 5 or 6 per person in your house for spagetti & meatballs, subs, sweet n sour meatballs, etc).

Whole Chicken

you can bake 2 or 3 on the large Bar Pan at one time. Cool, then freeze whole or cut into pieces

I wish we had a GFS around our place. My parents have one and I like it.

, or use the meat from the whole chicken for BBQ chicken pizza.

Thank you for sharing your tips and recipes! Buying in bulk can definitely save money and time in the long run. I will definitely check out Gordon's Food Service for their frozen chicken breasts. And having go-to recipes that can be made in a pinch is a great idea. I will definitely try making dried beans in the crockpot and freezing them, as well as using ground beef for meatballs. And baking multiple whole chickens at once is a great time-saver. Thanks again for the suggestions!

What are the benefits of buying in bulk?

Buying in bulk can save you money in the long run because you are purchasing larger quantities at a lower unit cost. It also reduces the number of shopping trips you have to make and can help you be more organized with your pantry and meal planning.

What types of products are best to buy in bulk?

Non-perishable items such as rice, pasta, canned goods, and cleaning supplies are great options for buying in bulk. These items have a longer shelf life and can be stored easily.

How can I ensure that I am getting a good deal when buying in bulk?

Compare the unit price of the bulk item to its individual price to make sure you are getting a better deal. You can also shop around and compare prices at different stores or wait for sales and discounts to get an even better deal.

How can I properly store bulk items?

Make sure you have enough storage space for your bulk items. Consider investing in air-tight containers to keep items fresh and label them with the purchase date to ensure you use them before they expire. It's also important to rotate your stock so that you are using the oldest items first.

Are there any downsides to buying in bulk?

Buying in bulk may require a larger upfront cost and may not be feasible for those with limited storage space. It's also important to consider your consumption rate and if you will be able to use the bulk items before they expire or go bad. Additionally, buying in bulk may not be a good option for perishable items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC