• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Savannah Georgia a Few Questions

In summary, DH and I are planning a getaway probably late October or early November (trying to avoid the rain we are assuming is due to the hurricane season). Any Suggestions as to where to stay? We are looking at a condo (Bird-Baldwin house) is it nice? I typically am a "Hilton" type of girl but this did look nice in the photos. I do not want any of the Historic hotels. Also, I want to eat at Lady & Sons.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
DH & I are planning a getaway probably late October or early November (trying to avoid the rain we are assuming is due to the hurricane season)

anyone have a suggestion as to where to stay? We are looking at a condo (Bird-Baldwin house) is it nice? I typically am a "Hilton" type of girl but this did look nice in the photos. I do not want any of the Historic hotels

Also, I want to eat at Lady & Sons

Please send suggestions as to places to dine, shop, see etc (or things that are a waste of $$)
this is a spur of the moment thing for us & I want it to be fun, usually I plan trips for months, buy the guide books etc but this time its just the 2 of us & it can be more relaxed.

Planning a trip 2 months in advance is spur of the moment? Haha!! I don't know anything about Georgia, except I've always wanted to go. Can't wait to hear how the trip goes for you.

well, we originally were trying to go in the next few weeks but the hurricanes look like they will just be dumping rain and we just decided at bedtime to take a trip

If you see her, would you get Lady Chablis' autograph for me?

Lived in Savannah for a few years...LOVE IT!!! Lady & Sons --get there first thing in the morning to make your reservation! Great food! Bird-Baldwin house is downtown and very pretty. Not big on tours but take the Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil Book Tour so worth the money. There is a club, Club One and Lady Chablis' does shows there every so often and you will LAUGH so hard! (please note it's not a family show). River St is the best again downtown. All the candy shops and food. Oh I so miss it! If you get the chance to get out to Tybee, you need to eat at the Crab Shack (so yummy)!
Let me know if you have any questions! Have a great trip!

we are not taking any of our kids so we;ll look into the show

i am excited of course I LOVE Paula Deen (even after seeing her live which was pretty raunchy) DH said write down every book of hers you have we arent bringing home duplicates so i guess unless she releases one between now and then I wont buy any books HA!!

keep the ideas coming it will be only our 2nd getaway in 22 years without kids so I want it to be fun and memorable....

Go on a carriage ride around the city. We only had a couple of hours to spend so we did this. We saw so much more than we would have in the car and heard great stories too! If you like architecture, there is a beautiful catholic church located downtown.

thanks, i am so looking forward to this we always stay downtown Dallas for a weekend on our anniversary but never this far alone

so i guess "technically" it isnt our 2nd getaway but it is to be out of state can you tell I'm excited?

You and I could leave home at the same time and drive the same distance. I'd have crossed five states and you'd still be in Texas.

Paula Deen is crazy. When I lived there I worked for Budweiser there so I talked to her or one of the boys about once a week for their beer order. That was at her old place which was right accross from Vinnie Van Go-Go's which is like the best pizzain the south! Hands down!! Great place to go and drink and hangout side is Malone's. Always loved it when Bucky and Berry were there..great show. It's outside (free) set, eat and drink. Really doesn't it get any better? LOL ...Wet Willies is also downtown on River St...great drinks! There is one called Call a Cab...it's called that for a reason...LOL.
I can talk about Savannah all day long. I loved living there. We moved from there to Charleston, Sc and Savannah is MUCH better than Charleston IMO. We would move back to Savannah if my DH job ever offers it to us!

Our visit to Savannah in Feb. 2002 was so memorable. Take the trolley tour, and give yourself time to get off, and wander around. We were on a tight schedule, and had to stay on, rather than explore. We definitely have it on our list to return to, on our way
to or from Florida in 2010. Now that I have two of Paula Deen's cookbooks, I'd at least like to walk into her restaurant. Not sure we can risk the food, if we want to stay healthy. I love reading the cookbooks but have yet to make any of them.

I'm giving the Children's cookbook to two grands in Sept. and another in Nov. Will make up gift bags with the ingredients needed to make at least two of the recipes, to make
it easier for their Moms. I passed this idea by my DIL, and she thought it was a great idea. They already have the Kids Cookbook we used to sell, and the red aprons and Chef's hats.

1. What are the must-see attractions in Savannah, Georgia?

There are many must-see attractions in Savannah, Georgia, but some of the top ones include the historic Forsyth Park, the scenic River Street, and the charming City Market. You can also take a guided tour of the Bonaventure Cemetery or visit the famous Mercer Williams House.

2. What is the best time of year to visit Savannah, Georgia?

The best time of year to visit Savannah, Georgia is during the spring or fall when the weather is mild and comfortable. However, if you enjoy warm temperatures and outdoor activities, the summer months can also be a great time to visit.

3. What is the food scene like in Savannah, Georgia?

The food scene in Savannah, Georgia is diverse and delicious. You can find everything from traditional Southern cuisine to international dishes. Be sure to try some classic dishes like shrimp and grits, low country boil, and peach cobbler.

4. Are there any popular events or festivals in Savannah, Georgia?

Yes, there are many popular events and festivals in Savannah, Georgia throughout the year. Some of the most well-known include the Savannah Music Festival, the Savannah Food and Wine Festival, and the St. Patrick's Day celebration.

5. What are some fun things to do with kids in Savannah, Georgia?

Savannah, Georgia is a great destination for families with kids. Some fun things to do include visiting the Savannah Children's Museum, taking a dolphin tour, and exploring the Oatland Island Wildlife Center. You can also spend a day at Tybee Island, which has a beautiful beach and plenty of family-friendly activities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lissahope26
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
janetupnorth