• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sausage Calzone??? Have You Made Them?

In summary, Monica made the Italian Sausage Calzone recipe and it was yummy. She recommends making it at home to make it look like you have done this a thousand times and it is really easy. People either love it or hate it, but she personally loves it. Rachel made the Pepperoni Twist recipe and it was easy and everyone loved it. She recommends using garlic Italian sausage next time to add more flavor.
its_me_susan
There is an Italian Sausage Calzone recipe in this season's Season's Best ~ has anyone tried them? Or the Pepporoni Twist recipes? Feedback please. I have my 1st couples show on Friday and I'm nervous!

Last edited:
not sure about those but i made the family sized burrito over christmas holidays and it was awesome!! and really easy . i had a little problems getting the tortillias to stay together but i just used a couple toothpicks and it worked great.

monica_sweetconsultant said:
not sure about those but i made the family sized burrito over christmas holidays and it was awesome!! and really easy . i had a little problems getting the tortillias to stay together but i just used a couple toothpicks and it worked great.

Monica, how did you cut it???

I made the sausage calzone today (I halved the recipe) ~ it was yummy!

Family Size Burrito & Sausage CalzonesOn the family burrito, we just cut it into squares.
On the calzone, I liked it for show purposes. For the house, I like the Calzones from last year (Mexican/Cheeseburger/Italian). I'm sure it's just because I made them at so many shows, I can slap it together quickly and have dinner served without much though process.

Calzone is a hit!I used this recipe and everyone loved it! It is one of my most requested recipe as well as the Pizza Twist! I recommend that you make it at home so that it appears that you have done this a thousand times! :) It is really easy to make and demonstrates a lot of products! The only issue I have had with the calzone sometimes is rolling out the dough, sometimes it does not cooperate!:) Make sure you keep it refrigerated until you are ready to use!

gaylebroome said:
I used this recipe and everyone loved it! It is one of my most requested recipe as well as the Pizza Twist! I recommend that you make it at home so that it appears that you have done this a thousand times! :) It is really easy to make and demonstrates a lot of products! The only issue I have had with the calzone sometimes is rolling out the dough, sometimes it does not cooperate!:) Make sure you keep it refrigerated until you are ready to use!

I have a feeling I will be making it from home ~ and stationed in the dining room, away from the main party area (*sigh* I hope it still works!).... Have you used pasta sauce? I don't love the pizza sauces.

I made the Italian stuffed calzone (which is the one with sausage) and I just used Tomato Passata...it's cheaper than using tomato sauce with herbs...just add 1/2 a teaspoon of each of the following herbs and it makes up for it: Basil, Parsley and Oregano. When I do this I don't put in the tsp/tbs (can't remember) of herbs called for in the recipe, just 1/2 tsp of each above.

I used the pizza cutter to cut the burrito in squares. it makes it easier especially if you garnish the top with lettuce, cheese, etc. HTH

its_me_susan said:
... Have you used pasta sauce? I don't love the pizza sauces.

I made it with pizza sauce last night and it was a bit too sweet for my tastes. Next time I'd try plain pasta sauce with some oregano thrown in. Otherwise it was delicious and really easy.

Rachel

Problems with dough
gaylebroome said:
I used this recipe and everyone loved it! It is one of my most requested recipe as well as the Pizza Twist! I recommend that you make it at home so that it appears that you have done this a thousand times! :) It is really easy to make and demonstrates a lot of products! The only issue I have had with the calzone sometimes is rolling out the dough, sometimes it does not cooperate!:) Make sure you keep it refrigerated until you are ready to use!

You could also put your cutting board in the freezer for a little bit, like when you first get to your hosts house, until it gets real cold, and then your dough will be easier to work with.

Kim

Pepperoni TwistThere for a while it was all I was asked to make at my shows.. People love it..I do have to say though that a huge amount of people like it better without the garlic. It's a really easy recipe and quick. Hope this helps.

Sausage CalzoneI made this Wednesday night for a friend and practice.
I used garlic Italian sausage (normal, not turkey) and so I skipped the clove of garlic. I was definitely urged to use the garlic next time, but it was easy and turned out good.
I don't have the rectangle stone either, but was able to fit it on the large round stone with a little creativity.

The sausage calzone in the season's best recipe is awesome. I have had more people ask for the recipe. Its so easy to make too. I have made it for football games and small get togethers. If you do not prefer sausage, you can substitute meatballs or pepperoni. Great for a demostration too. :)

I made this recipe at most of my shows in the fall. Everyone LOVED it and if you don't have the rectangle stone, you can use the large bar pan. It feeds alot of people and shows a TON of products. I've sold more bar pans than any other product and I think it's because of this recipe. I also hand out a copy of this recipe at my shows and I have had so many people come back to me and tell me they couldn't believe how easy it was to make and how much their family loved it. If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it!

A side note - I used regular old sweet Italian sausage. A couple of times I added pepperoni but left out the olives. I tell my customers that you really can do ANYWAY you want.

What are the ingredients for making a sausage calzone?

The ingredients for making a sausage calzone typically include pizza dough, Italian sausage, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and any additional toppings desired such as peppers, onions, or mushrooms.

How do I assemble a sausage calzone?

To assemble a sausage calzone, roll out the pizza dough into a circle or rectangle shape. Spread marinara sauce on one half of the dough, leaving a small border around the edge. Add cooked sausage and any desired toppings on top of the sauce. Fold the other half of the dough over the filling and crimp the edges to seal. Cut a few slits in the top of the calzone to allow steam to escape while baking.

What temperature and how long do I bake a sausage calzone?

Sausage calzones are typically baked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is heated through.

Can I make a sausage calzone ahead of time?

Yes, sausage calzones can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake. This is a great option for meal prepping or for parties where you want to have the calzones ready to bake when guests arrive.

Can I use different types of sausage in a sausage calzone?

Absolutely! While Italian sausage is the traditional choice for a sausage calzone, you can use any type of sausage you prefer such as chicken sausage, turkey sausage, or even vegetarian sausage for a meatless option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • sandilou
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sandilou
Replies
Views
blueberrylady