• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crossing My Fingers for 4 Shows Before the 15th - A Week of Hosting Adventures!

In summary, the author closed three shows this weekend and is close to reaching the $1500 goal. She sent out "pamper a business" letters and is awaiting feedback. She also has a pending show on her website.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I had 4 shows before the 15th (all this last weekend) and one on the 15th. Well one cancelled and the other three held this weekend. I closed one show last night. The other two were supposed to close today. Just talked to one of the host who needs to wait until Wednesday to get money from some of her guests. Now I'm crossing my fingers that this other gal closes today so I can get my 2 shows in before the 15th! I hate getting it down to the wire like this!

I hope it work's out for you. Congrat's on all of your shows!

Have you let her know you have a goal/deadline? In general, people are willing to help other people, so if you call and just say "I'm trying to meet a goal of submitting two shows by the 15th. I already have one in, and I was hoping we could get your show closed and submitted as the second."

Yah I have let them all know my goal.

I also forgot to mention that I did have enough of my own orders to put in a show but my show yesterday was only at $65 and I'm very close to this group and ended up giving her my orders even though it meant that I would have to rely on one of these other shows. The host was so happy when I told her that! Trust me these ladies have shows with me every month and it's the same 5-6 people every time, this just was a bad time for them to have a show (one had shoulder surgery, two just had water in their basement, etc).

Oh, I hope your shows go in on time!My show was only at about $55 going into a fair, but then I sold some cash and carry that I am replacing, and a lady ordered a grill basket and a grill tray and a peeler ... and then gave me a referral for an August show! At said August show I will need pantry items so I am going ahead to get that show to $200 with pantry items .... which will have me $200 away from the $1500 SAT level!So close and yet so far ... my calendar is blank for the month. I hate piecing a show together!Distributed 3 "pamper a business" letters today. They don't seem all that enthusiastic.

My show for Saturday appears to be canceled. I'm hoping for just a postponment, but I have to actually talk to the host. I did get my two shows in, but I want to get to at least the $1500 level, and I'm currently at $1260.97.

Did any of you try a $1000 Mystery Host show this month? I'm closing one on Friday... we'll see how much that brings together. Unfortunately I didn't get 10 hosts (I ended up with only 6), but I'm hoping they'll be able to put together enough so that it gives some good benefits for them, and good sales for me! I had wanted more participants, but some of the ones that did sign up were sooo excited to do this, and thought it was such a great idea, that I'm glad I offered it even just for their sake. One lady just emailed me yesterday to see if she could still participate, as she had been talking to someone who was upset about missing a PC party and somehow not being able to place her order, so she remembered my email about the Mystery Host and offered to place that order! Cool... those are the awesome moments that make this so worthwhile!!

Noora, we have "fellowship" because we are "fellows" in the same ship! I too am at $1300(would have been about the same as you but I needed pantry items for an upcoming show so now I'm at $1300 almost to the penny) and I have NOTHING on my calendar. When I ask my director for advice, she goes into cheerleader mode.

I have a show pending on my website again and am telling everybody that all my specials (10 percent off the cool and serve and dcb) have been extended to the 28th. Also that I'm giving a free gift with every order (maybe a season's best, maybe a seasonng, depends on the size of the order)

And no, haven't done a mystery host show ... it has never really worked out for me. I was thinking August but a) big show is at the beginning of the month b) there MAY be a book show and c) I might be out of state for 7 days straight!

Di_Can_Cook said:
And no, haven't done a mystery host show ... it has never really worked out for me. I was thinking August but a) big show is at the beginning of the month b) there MAY be a book show and c) I might be out of state for 7 days straight!

If you're out of state for a while, that would be perfect timing for a mystery host show, or no? This is the type of thing that you can get going before you leave, and then wrap it up when you come back.

It's interesting with these types of 'extras' (anything outside of your normal shows)... sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. I had great success with the Pamper A Business - only one time! All the other times I've tried it (ok, only 3 other times) I've gotten zero results - just an empty pan and grateful people, but no orders, no further interest...

My latest thing to try is approaching real estate agents - I'm meeting with one agent tomorrow and showing him some of our stuff. Another person was really interested in something 'eco-friendly' for their company, so I sent them info about our bamboo line.

Keep going - something WILL work out at some point!!! And I remind myself that even some small result is more than nothing!

Well the show that was supposed to close last night - the host didn't answer her phone! UGH! I brought my laptop to work so I'm going to try to call her on my break time.

Well, the show is postponed indefinitely. The Host is having major issues with her apartment complex management, and is probably not going to renew her lease when it expires June 30. That means she'll have to find a new place and all that before the end of the month. I on the other hand don't know how much longer I'll be able to do kitchen shows. I'm already getting winded, so I figure definitely by mid-July I'll be done.

I am doing a show at my house on the 24th, and I'm kind of doing it on a Mystery Host basis. I'm offering raffle tickets and using whatever FPV I earn from the show as prizes.

I could maybe do a show on the 26th (even though nobody has ever come to my house for one) but it's worth a shot. I HAVE to get this closed by the 30th, though, and I hate it when people drag their feet.

Go look at the BINGO card (page 5 of the June Consultant News) to get ideas of how to increase sales this month. Start marking off blocks that you have achieved with a $ and circle at least two things that you wouldn't normally do but you are willing to try before the end of the month. It just might help you to reach your goals. If not June, then you'll probably have more bookings for July/August ... so it wouldn't be a total loss. ;)

NooraK said:
I on the other hand don't know how much longer I'll be able to do kitchen shows. I'm already getting winded, so I figure definitely by mid-July I'll be done.
Noora - when is your baby due? Is this your first?

Well I called my host at 10 when I was on break... no answer! I have a show tonight so I will not have time to call her when I get off work.

cheflorraine said:
Noora - when is your baby due? Is this your first?

We're due August 9th, and I have a 2 year old and a 42 year old at home :D

I glanced at the Bingo card and tossed it aside in disgust. Maybe I'm not looking at it right ... Every line has a few good things to try, and something super unattainable mixed in. Like cluster meetings (they're on Mondays ... hello ... WORK!) and National Conference.There ARE some good ideas on there, though ... maybe I'll just pick 5 at random!Congratulations on your baby!

I am on the line too. I have a show that turned into a catalog show, and is $20 away from $150. I am trying to get the hostess to order to make up the difference...... this is crazy!!!!!

Give her 10 percent off her order if she does!I really don't want to overwhelm my people with e-mails ... I sent my news, then the DCB update, now this!

lesliec said:
I am on the line too. I have a show that turned into a catalog show, and is $20 away from $150. I am trying to get the hostess to order to make up the difference...... this is crazy!!!!!

Just let her know that she doesn't qualify until she hits $150!

I did finally get my show submitted!!! Now onto $1500!

Oh, good for you!! I'm glad you got it in!

I ended up ordering the $20 on mine and then kept the hostess benefits for myself. Gave her the option to order, and she didn't get back to me. Submitted it at 10pm last night, and then she called me around 10:15 saying she wanted to finish up the order and also that her cousin was going to order by midnight. Glad I didn't stay up waiting b/c the cousin's order didn't come through.
Told her that she could place her order on my show for Thursday and I would give her 20% off (10% past host and 10% from me). I contemplated not doing this, but she did get me almost $130 in orders.

lesliec said:
I ended up ordering the $20 on mine and then kept the hostess benefits for myself. Gave her the option to order, and she didn't get back to me. Submitted it at 10pm last night, and then she called me around 10:15 saying she wanted to finish up the order and also that her cousin was going to order by midnight. Glad I didn't stay up waiting b/c the cousin's order didn't come through.
Told her that she could place her order on my show for Thursday and I would give her 20% off (10% past host and 10% from me). I contemplated not doing this, but she did get me almost $130 in orders.
I know you are new but I would never close a show no matter what the loss is to me just because I don't hear from a host. I'm glad you are still offering her something though.

What is "Sat - Crossing My Fingers"?

"Sat - Crossing My Fingers" is a versatile kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that helps you easily slice and dice a variety of fruits and vegetables with just one simple motion.

How does "Sat - Crossing My Fingers" work?

This tool features multiple stainless steel blades that are positioned at different angles to create a grid pattern. Simply place your food on top of the grid and press down with your hand or a utensil to slice it into perfect cubes or slices.

What types of foods can be cut with "Sat - Crossing My Fingers"?

You can use "Sat - Crossing My Fingers" to cut a wide range of fruits and vegetables, including tomatoes, onions, potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and more. It can also be used to cut soft cheeses and meats.

Is "Sat - Crossing My Fingers" safe to use?

Yes, "Sat - Crossing My Fingers" is designed with safety in mind. The blades are enclosed within the tool, making it safe for both adults and children to use. However, it is always important to use caution when handling sharp objects.

How do I clean "Sat - Crossing My Fingers"?

"Sat - Crossing My Fingers" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water and a brush to remove any food particles that may be stuck in between the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • HealthNut
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
HealthNut
Replies