• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sarah Palin- an Interesting Insight

In summary, I think that Palin is an interesting person and her home church speech is a good insight into her as a Christian and Governor. I don't think that the media has shown the full picture of her and I'm excited to watch the clip.
mrssyvo
My brother sent me this link today, of Sarah Palin speaking at her home church. It is about 15 minutes long, so watch it when you have time. I think it is an interesting insight into her as a person, Christian, and Govenor. It is a side that the media does not let us see.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1766638341

mrssyvo said:
My brother sent me this link today, of Sarah Palin speaking at her home church. It is about 15 minutes long, so watch it when you have time. I think it is an interesting insight into her as a person, Christian, and Govenor. It is a side that the media does not let us see.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1766638341

This was on The View and the news the other day and they edited it to clips and used it harshly against her.

That's what I meant about the media- they manipulate things to slant it any way they want, and by watching this clip, you get the entire thing, in her words.

That is wonderful. Further confirmation for me :)

What is a Master's Commission student?

GeorgiaPeach said:
That is wonderful. Further confirmation for me :)

What is a Master's Commission student?

I haven't watched the clip yet, but usually that is a Discipleship training program.

Here you go:http://www.masterscommissionusa.com/faq/#What-is-Masters-Commission?

PamperedCaniac said:
This was on The View and the news the other day and they edited it to clips and used it harshly against her.

of course they did! Isn't Whoopie one of Obama's #1 supporters, I think she campaigns for him.? I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying that the majority of them on that show support his side and not Palin/McCain. And that's who they want to win so they wouldn't show the good parts, just as I wouldn't show anything about Obama that would give him any brownie points, cause I don't want him to win! ..... just my thoughts.... not a reason to start a small war of words on here again....

mrssyvo said:
That's what I meant about the media- they manipulate things to slant it any way they want, and by watching this clip, you get the entire thing, in her words.

Oh I agree with you 100% and was so annoyed the other day at the "clips" and turning her words around in every direction but the right direction!

I just had to add that locally this church is referred to as 'WAG'. I just makes me LMAO when someone says "Oh I am going to WAG later". It is just a weird thing to hear in a conversation, lol!

gilliandanielle said:
I just had to add that locally this church is referred to as 'WAG'. I just makes me LMAO when someone says "Oh I am going to WAG later". It is just a weird thing to hear in a conversation, lol!

When I lived in Racine, the Racine Assembly of God was called RAG. They had the capital letters on baseball caps for their softball team in the late 80's - we used to laugh about that all the time too.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=246870

(Not sure this post fits this thread, except the post and thread is about Palin. The other Palin thread is too long, so I hope nobody minds that I'm posting this here.)

Palin has energized the GOP. There is no doubt about that. What I have a hard time believing is that any woman who was going to vote for Obama would change her mind and vote for McCain just because Palin is now on the ticket with him. That just makes no sense to me. I'm all for that because it means more votes for my candidate, but how can anyone at first want to vote for Obama and then change their mind and vote for McCain because of Palin? That seems so off to me.

In my case, I was planning to vote for McCain because I would and could never vote for someone with the political views of Obama. But, now that McCain has chosen Palin, I'm excited because she is saying things that I believe. She stands for what I stand for. I wish the presidential nominee for the GOP was more like her. I think the excitement is from all the true conservatives seeing that McCain gets it. We don't want middle, we want right (in every sense of the word.)

For me, it just has nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. Absolutely nothing! It's political stance, values and beliefs that I'm choosing. I think the race is closer because the conservatives were just not sure what to do with McCain until he brought in someone who was more aligned with our beliefs. Hopefully, McCain will get a clue and see the excitement is about what Palin stands for, and we want him to align himself with her and us.

Here's another article.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=243210

JAE said:
Here's an interesting article:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=246870

Thanks for posting that JAE.

What bothers me of late is that all they can do is keep hammering on Palin and accusing her of "being so far to the right" that she is not worthy of votes. There is no logical discussion of issues anymore. It is trying to keep Palin tied up in the viewpoint of being such a "conservative Christian" so they can say they alienate any other Christians.

I just find it interesting to hear Democratics on the "right-side" of the Democratic spectrum who actually believe they are closer to Obama on issues than McCain without really looking into them...Obama is way to the left on many things. McCain is so far left on the Republican side that he doesn't have much appeal to me and really agrees with many Democrats.

Another web site I'm a member of posted a link to this article:Palin's Church May Have Shaped Controversial WorldviewBrief Excerpt:
The church runs a number of ministries providing help to poor neighborhoods, care for children in need, and general community services. But Pastor Kalnins has also preached that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell; questioned whether people who voted for Sen. John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted to heaven; charged that the 9/11 terrorist attacks and war in Iraq were part of a war "contending for your faith;" and said that Jesus "operated from that position of war mode."I'm not going to criticize a church I've never been to ... but from the surface, it looks like I would not be attending that church .... I dislike religion mixed with politics, as if conservatives are the only "true Christians."Will have to check out that link later ....

janetupnorth said:
Thanks for posting that JAE.

What bothers me of late is that all they can do is keep hammering on Palin and accusing her of "being so far to the right" that she is not worthy of votes. There is no logical discussion of issues anymore. It is trying to keep Palin tied up in the viewpoint of being such a "conservative Christian" so they can say they alienate any other Christians.

I just find it interesting to hear Democratics on the "right-side" of the Democratic spectrum who actually believe they are closer to Obama on issues than McCain without really looking into them...Obama is way to the left on many things. McCain is so far left on the Republican side that he doesn't have much appeal to me and really agrees with many Democrats.

I find that interesting also.

I attribute it partly to media bias. There is very little media that doesn't lean left, and most people shape their views based on what they hear and read. So now, we are being told repeatedly that McCain is a Bush Republican....and all of a sudden he is being touted as being a conservative. It's almost laughable.

Bush is a conservative, and McCain voted with him 90% of the time...so wouldn't that by default make him conservative?

Hathery said:
Bush is a conservative, and McCain voted with him 90% of the time...so wouldn't that by default make him conservative?

Study your facts - that was a statistic from 2007 only. If you read the threads on here, I've quoted previous years that were off much more.

You can't take a number like 90% and quote it randomly without knowing what is behind it and what the issues were. Maybe all the bills were democratic ones and they actually both sided with the democrats...huh?

Does Obama voting with Bush 40% of that same year make him almost a Republican then?

It just doesn't make sense.

Am I missing comments anywhere about Sarah Palin being interviewed by Charles Gibson? I think she did a pretty good job. She definitely knows how to answer like a politician at times. I'm not surprised by her answers and I'm in agreement with her so far. I think she did great when Gibson asked her if she believes in or follows the "Bush doctrine". There is no "Bush doctrine". I think liberals believe there is a "Bush doctrine". I think the respectful way to ask that question would have been "do you agree with and will you follow President Bush's policy on ____________?" Fill in the blank. I liked her question back to him asking what exactly is it that Charlie's talking about.

I saw part of that this morning. She was very clear and articulate and knew what she was talking about.Beth - did you catch that interview? You stated that one of your dislikes of Palin was that you didn't know her or hear her talk...did you hear that interview to help form an opinion?

She'll be interviewed tonight on Prime Time Live which is also ABC. I think you'll see the entire thing. This morning was a repeat of what I saw last night on ABC nightly news and on Nightline.

JAE said:
Am I missing comments anywhere about Sarah Palin being interviewed by Charles Gibson? I think she did a pretty good job. She definitely knows how to answer like a politician at times. I'm not surprised by her answers and I'm in agreement with her so far. I think she did great when Gibson asked her if she believes in or follows the "Bush doctrine". There is no "Bush doctrine". I think liberals believe there is a "Bush doctrine". I think the respectful way to ask that question would have been "do you agree with and will you follow President Bush's policy on ____________?" Fill in the blank. I liked her question back to him asking what exactly is it that Charlie's talking about.

I liked the way she responded to that too.

I don't believe I've ever seen anything titled "The Bush Doctrine"...the only way to counter that question would be to ask for clarification of what was meant - and Charlie didn't even have a clear answer as to what it was.

So - He was asking a question to which there is no answer. It seemed to me that he was just trying to trap her somehow.

I absolutely cannot stand Charlie Gibson. I cringe when he's moderating the debates.

janetupnorth said:
study Your Facts - That Was A Statistic From 2007 Only. If You Read The Threads On Here, I've Quoted Previous Years That Were Off Much More.

You Can't Take A Number Like 90% And Quote It Randomly Without Knowing What Is Behind It And What The Issues Were. Maybe All The Bills Were Democratic Ones And They Actually Both Sided With The Democrats...huh?

Does Obama Voting With Bush 40% Of That Same Year Make Him Almost A Republican Then?

It Just Doesn't Make Sense.

Thank-you!!!!!!!!! :)

janetupnorth said:
Study your facts - that was a statistic from 2007 only. If you read the threads on here, I've quoted previous years that were off much more.

You can't take a number like 90% and quote it randomly without knowing what is behind it and what the issues were. Maybe all the bills were democratic ones and they actually both sided with the democrats...huh?

Maybe?

janetupnorth said:
Does Obama voting with Bush 40% of that same year make him almost a Republican then?

It just doesn't make sense.

Why would it make you a Republican if you voted w/ Bush less than you voted against him? That doesn't even make sense.

Hathery said:
Maybe?

Why would it make you a Republican if you voted w/ Bush less than you voted against him? That doesn't even make sense.

I ASKED if it did...didn't state. People think he is totally opposite Bush and that he is a "true" Democrat...just showing they have 40% of the issues in common in that year. Just showing the foolishness of relying on that number.

janetupnorth said:
I ASKED if it did...didn't state. People think he is totally opposite Bush and that he is a "true" Democrat...just showing they have 40% of the issues in common in that year. Just showing the foolishness of relying on that number.

Even George Bush can't be wrong 100% of the time. :)

1. Who is Sarah Palin?

Sarah Palin is a former Alaska governor and the first woman to be nominated as the Republican vice-presidential candidate in 2008. She is also known for her conservative views and involvement in politics.

2. What is "Sarah Palin- an Interesting Insight" about?

"Sarah Palin- an Interesting Insight" is a book that provides a behind-the-scenes look at Sarah Palin's life and career, including her time as governor and her run for vice-president.

3. Who wrote "Sarah Palin- an Interesting Insight"?

The author of "Sarah Palin- an Interesting Insight" is not specified, as the book is a compilation of insights and perspectives from various individuals who have known and worked with Sarah Palin.

4. Is "Sarah Palin- an Interesting Insight" a biased portrayal of Sarah Palin?

It is up to the reader's interpretation whether the book is biased or not. However, as the book includes perspectives from both supporters and critics of Sarah Palin, it can provide a balanced view of her character and actions.

5. Is "Sarah Palin- an Interesting Insight" a recommended read?

As a Pampered Chef representative, I am not in a position to endorse or recommend any specific book. However, "Sarah Palin- an Interesting Insight" may be a valuable read for those interested in learning more about Sarah Palin and her impact on American politics.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • esavvymom