• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Husband Tried to Use My Knife as an Ice Pick!

In summary, it is possible to still use a knife after it has been used as an ice pick, but it is important to clean and dry it thoroughly first to prevent contamination or damage. There is a risk of damage to the knife depending on the type and force used when using it as an ice pick. To properly clean the knife, rinse it with warm water, wash it with soap and water, and dry it thoroughly. It is also important to check for any damage before sharpening the knife. To prevent the knife from being used as an ice pick again, educate others on proper knife use and storage, and consider investing in a separate ice pick tool.
keynibear
I caught my husband trying to use my Santuko knife as an ice pick yesterday.

I told him that if he broke it, he had to replace it, and that is was a $70+ knife, and that replacing the knife would NOT count as a brithday present (since my birthday is coming up).

He stopped using it immediately. LOL ;)

We have PC knives and others. The Furry Guy knows that he is only to do non-food-prep work with "others." Period. Since he is aware that the PC knives are an investment, he follows the rules. :chef:

Who uses a knife as an icepick?! That's just asking to lose a body part if it slips.....
Loved your response to him. :D

I had someone return knives that she used as an ice pick. At that time, PC exchanged them, but that has changed now.

I actually caught my husband about to do the same thing! I about killed him. I forget what I told him....probably something about a $75 ice-pick.

1. Can I still use my knife after my husband used it as an ice pick?

Yes, you can still use your knife after it has been used as an ice pick. However, it is important to thoroughly clean and dry the knife before using it again to prevent any potential contamination or damage.

2. Will my knife be damaged if it was used as an ice pick?

Depending on the type of knife and the force used, there is a possibility that your knife may be damaged if it was used as an ice pick. It is important to inspect the blade for any bends, chips, or cracks before using it again.

3. How do I properly clean my knife after it was used as an ice pick?

To properly clean your knife after it was used as an ice pick, first rinse it with warm water and gently scrub any debris or residue off the blade. Then, wash it with soap and water and dry it thoroughly. You may also want to use a knife cleaner or oil to ensure the blade stays in good condition.

4. Can I sharpen my knife after it was used as an ice pick?

Yes, you can still sharpen your knife after it was used as an ice pick. However, it is important to check for any damage or bends on the blade before sharpening. If there is significant damage, it may be best to replace the knife.

5. How do I prevent my husband from using my knife as an ice pick again?

To prevent your husband from using your knife as an ice pick again, it may be helpful to educate them on the proper use and care of knives. You can also store your knives in a safe and secure place to prevent them from being used inappropriately. Consider investing in a separate ice pick tool for your husband to use instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • jrstephens