• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Sangria for Valentine's Day - Help Needed!

In summary, to make a sangria for Valentine's Day, mix a bottle of red wine, brandy, triple sec, orange juice, and pomegranate juice in a large pitcher and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. White wine can be used instead of red for a lighter and sweeter flavor, and a variety of fruits such as strawberries, apples, and pomegranate seeds can be added for a festive and romantic touch. It is best to add the fruit a few hours before serving and a non-alcoholic option can be made by substituting the wine and liquors with grape juice and orange juice, and adding some sparkling water and fresh fruit.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I know that this is not regarding a PC recipe but I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I would like to make a Sangria for Valentine's Day.

I have a bottle of Spumanti..can I use that??

Does anyone know..I was looking for it on the internet and can't quite find the answer..has anyone ever made one?

I make Sangria all the time, normally with a mellow red wine. I have never made it with a sparkling wine (its Asti Spumonti, right?) But it should be fine.

RMDave said:
I make Sangria all the time, normally with a mellow red wine. I have never made it with a sparkling wine (its Asti Spumonti, right?) But it should be fine.

Great..thank you..since you make it all the time..do you have a tried and true recipe?? If not I will just find one on the internet.

AllRecipes.com has some great sangria recipes. My favorite is their White Peach Sangria!

cathyskitchen said:
AllRecipes.com has some great sangria recipes. My favorite is their White Peach Sangria!

OOOH..Thank you..I might do that one..thanks

1. How do I make a sangria for Valentine's Day?

To make a sangria for Valentine's Day, you will need a bottle of red wine, 1/4 cup of brandy, 1/4 cup of triple sec, 1/4 cup of orange juice, 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice, and your choice of sliced fruit. Mix all the ingredients in a large pitcher and let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.

2. Can I use white wine instead of red wine for the sangria?

Yes, you can use white wine instead of red wine for the sangria. White wine will give your sangria a lighter and sweeter flavor. You can also mix both red and white wine for a unique taste.

3. What type of fruit should I add to the sangria for Valentine's Day?

You can add a variety of fruits to your sangria, such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, oranges, and pomegranate seeds. These fruits will not only add flavor, but also make your sangria look festive and romantic.

4. How far in advance can I make the sangria?

You can make the sangria up to a day in advance. However, it is best to add the sliced fruit to the sangria a few hours before serving to prevent the fruit from becoming too soggy.

5. Can I make a non-alcoholic sangria for Valentine's Day?

Yes, you can make a non-alcoholic sangria by substituting the wine and liquors with grape juice and orange juice. You can also add some sparkling water for a bubbly effect. Serve it with some fresh fruit for a refreshing and alcohol-free option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sk8Mom209