• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amazing San Francisco Trip: Delta Delays, Sightseeing, and Pampered Chef Fun

In summary, Delta's engine trouble caused a 3 hour delay and made us miss our connecting flight, so Delta gave us a hotel voucher and $28 in meal tickets. We arrived at our hotel and checked in, went to the hospitality center to pick up our t-shirts, $250 debit card and tour tickets, then went to the Cheesecake Factory to eat. Friday was a free day, so we walked and had a wonderful breakfast and went walking on Golden Gate Bridge, Sausalito, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli, and Cable Cars. Saturday we got up and had a tour bus provided by Pampered Chef to go on Alcatraz tour, ate at Scoma's, took
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey guys! Well we're FINALLY back! THe reason I say that is because our plane from Delta was having engine trouble so they switched it out therefore causing a 3 hour delay and made us miss our connecting flight!:eek: So, Delta gave us a hotel voucher for the Double Tree (In Atlanta, very nice) and $28 in meal tickets.

Okay, so onto the trip:

We arrived (I even did so good flying!!) and as soon as we went to the baggage claim area, there were people there who had signs that said "Pampered Chef~Golden Treasures". So we picked up our luggage and walked to a huge sightseeing bus and the bus took us to the Marriott. From there, we checked in, went to the hospitality center (where i met Deb Jennings and her hubby):D to pick up our t-shirts, $250 debit card and tour tickets. They had chocolates, tea and coffee there if we wanted any of it! We proceeded to our beautiful hotel room where my dh says he wants to buy the bed because it was so comfy! We freshened up and went to the Cheesecake Factory to eat. We then to China Town to look around and got quite a few souvenirs. China Town is really long so we were exhausted @ 8pm (11 pm) so we went and laid down for a few and then had drinks with Ginny and Deb! (I've attached the pic for you-okay, I lied because my file is too big)

Friday was a free day for us so we had the AWESOME breakfast that they provided for us and then we went walking. OUr goal was to walk the Golden Gate so we got there and walked the GG Bridge to Sausalito. Man, what a WALK!!! It was exhausting! We then ate at Scoma's and took the ferry back to the city. My dh had such a wonderful time walking. It was absolutely breathtaking. We walked around Fisherman's Wharf and went to Ghiradelli and rode the Cable cars which was really fun. By the time the night came around, we were EXHAUSTED! So, went to a local pizza store called Blondies, got a medium pizza, took it back to the room and ate and passed out!

Saturday, we got up and had a Absolutely wonderful breakfast again courtesy of PC!! Thank you!! We then got a tour bus provided by PC to go on our Alcatraz Tour. My dh and I were so glad we went on it! (thanks to Deb for making me book it and STOP procrastinating!) We took a ton of pictures there and really can't believe that so much happened there 45 years ago. As soon as I got off of our ferry, my sister, her dh and 3 month old were there waiting for me!!!:D They drove 8 hours from Vegas to come spend ONE day with me and of course to meet my nephew!! We had a blast just walking around! We had to be back to the hotel @ 5:30 to get ready for the banquet dinner so we went to that and had a great dinner of halibut and a filet mignon! The dessert was great and so was the salad.

For those who want a FREE vacation, keep your sights on your points!! Believe me, it's ATTAINABLE!!!! My dh said that he NEVER wants to miss a trip again and really wants to make the cruise next year so we can buy the kids in. So, guess what? No more complaining when I need to make phone calls!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
For those who want a FREE vacation, keep your sights on your points!! Believe me, it's ATTAINABLE!!!! My dh said that he NEVER wants to miss a trip again and really wants to make the cruise next year so we can buy the kids in. So, guess what? No more complaining when I need to make phone calls!!:D
That's SO AWESOME that you had such a wonderful time!!! The trips are the best and I've only been on one!! Soon to be two in a couple weeks. But that is such a great reaction...that you're never missing a trip!!!! It does give you great motivation, doesn't it?! And it's even better when the hubby or whoever is on board to support you because he knows what all that hard work means in the end!!

Way to go!! And you can get that cruise this year! Just keep it in your sights. It's so cool to hear about people's trip experience. I can't wait to hear more!:D

That sounds like it was alot of fun. My director stopped by our house on the way to San Francisco.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

PampMomof3 said:
Friday was a free day for us so we had the AWESOME breakfast that they provided for us and then we went walking. OUr goal was to walk the Golden Gate so we got there and walked the GG Bridge to Sausalito. Man, what a WALK!!! It was exhausting! We then ate at Scoma's and took the ferry back to the city. My dh had such a wonderful time walking. It was absolutely breathtaking. We walked around Fisherman's Wharf and went to Ghiradelli and rode the Cable cars which was really fun. By the time the night came around, we were EXHAUSTED! So, went to a local pizza store called Blondies, got a medium pizza, took it back to the room and ate and passed out!

How awesome - DH and I ate at Scoma's on our honeymoon - it was amazing!! I attached our Scoma's pic. Did you just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!?!? How cool that your sister came to see you!!!

Oops - tried to attach the pic but missed - lemme try again...

Attachments

• 014_14 (Medium).jpg
    014_14 (Medium).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 416
My DH and I had so much fun hanging out with Kristi and her DH. Good thing they live near my MIL, so when we eventually get down there to visit again, we'll have friends to visit, too! :smooches to you, Kristi!:

Kristi took this picture of me and my DH when were were on Alcatraz.

Attachments

• img_4425.jpg
    img_4425.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 326
My favorite part of our trip (besides hanging out with Kristi) was my husband telling me "thank you" over and over and over!

He wants to take the cruise next year because the food will be better than London! LOL!

DebbieJ said:
My DH and I had so much fun hanging out with Kristi and her DH. Good thing they live near my MIL, so when we eventually get down there to visit again, we'll have friends to visit, too! :smooches to you, Kristi!:

Awesome picture!

Glad you guys had a blast! Thanks for sharing your fun! :)

Great to hear that you had such a great time.

DebbieJ said:

Cute picture!!! Totally NOT what I pictured you looking like! I pictured you with dark hair. It's so funny how we get different pictures in our heads. I bet you guys had fun!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences and the picture. One of my consultants went on her first PC trip too and I am dying to talk to her about it!! Love the pictures from everyone too!

Thanks Deb! Okay, I'm trying to post the pic of Ginny, Deb and I at The View lounge at the Marriott but it's too big! How do I resize it?

dannyzmom said:
Oops - tried to attach the pic but missed - lemme try again...
I swear Carolyn, every single picture of you looks different!:eek: :eek: What's up with that!!! I'm still trying to figure out just what you look like!!!!
BTW, I do like this picture though! You two look so good together!;) :)

Here's a pic of me (on right), Kristi (on left), and Ginny in the middle!

This was the first night and we were totally exhausted from traveling all day, so ignore the glazed over eyes--we only had one drink each! :)

Attachments

• img_4373_edited.jpg
    img_4373_edited.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 319
MissChef said:
I swear Carolyn, every single picture of you looks different!:eek: :eek: What's up with that!!! I'm still trying to figure out just what you look like!!!!
BTW, I do like this picture though! You two look so good together!;) :)

Because in some pics my hair is straight and in others it is wavy/curly...I straighten it sometimes :)

DebbieJ said:
Here's a pic of me (on right), Kristi (on left), and Ginny in the middle!

This was the first night and we were totally exhausted from traveling all day, so ignore the glazed over eyes--we only had one drink each! :)

You gals look awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing pics and stories ladies!

I am so happy for all of you...sounds like your hubbys will be 100% on board with PC from now on, huh?!?!?

You guys look GREAT!!

So much fun! It is so nice to see faces to your names.

Glad to hear you all had so much fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

What a way to extend your vacation Kristi!

I have some pics...but they're too big to post :(

Ginny

Great pics!! Thanks for sharing.:)

Congrats on a wonderful trip! You have just inspired me to also get on the phone and make the calls, (the hardest part of my job!) I am planning to be on the cruise next year as well. I am also Wave 2 at Conference and walking!!(congrats to you on that as well) Hope to see you there!

1. What is included in the San Francisco trip package?

The San Francisco trip package includes round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, city tours, and a culinary experience at a top-rated restaurant.

2. Can I bring a guest on the trip with me?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest on the trip. However, there may be an additional fee for their airfare and accommodations.

3. Are there any restrictions on dietary preferences or allergies during the culinary experience?

We strive to accommodate all dietary preferences and allergies. Please let us know in advance so we can make arrangements with the restaurant.

4. Is the trip suitable for children?

This trip is designed for adults, but children are welcome to join if they meet the minimum age requirement for the hotel and activities.

5. Can I extend my stay in San Francisco after the trip ends?

Yes, you are welcome to extend your stay. However, any additional costs will be your responsibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies