• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

San Fran Achievers! We Need to Get Organized!

In summary, Ginny and her husband are trying to decide whether to meet for drinks at the hotel lobby on arrival day or to meet at a later time. They also plan to visit San Francisco on either Friday or Saturday. They suggest that those attending bring walking shoes, as the weather can be unpredictable. The article concludes with advice for those traveling with small children, including a recommendation for the Exploritorium.
DebbieJ
Okay---so far all we know is we are meeting up on Thursday, April 19 (arrival day) for drinks in the bar in the hotel lobby. Although they also have a nice lounge up top of the hotel from what I read. Maybe that would be a better option?

We need to decide--BEFORE dinner or AFTER dinner?

DH and I are trying to plan our itinerary and make dinner reservations. :)

DebbieJ said:
Okay---so far all we know is we are meeting up on Thursday, April 19 (arrival day) for drinks in the bar in the hotel lobby. Although they also have a nice lounge up top of the hotel from what I read. Maybe that would be a better option?

We need to decide--BEFORE dinner or AFTER dinner?

DH and I are trying to plan our itinerary and make dinner reservations. :)
Meeting at the TOP if good with me! I say AFTER dinner...I've got to get food in me before drinks (hic!)

So like meet at 8:30-9:00 ish?

What does eveyrone else think?

Ginny

I'll talk to my dh when he wakes up and see what he thinks. He may want to walk the town or something! Who knows! We've never been there so he wants to make the most of us being there. I"ll find out today!;)

My #1 tip for those of you going to SF...bring WALKING SHOES!!!
When we honeymooned there in 2003, I brought lots of "cute" shoes and boots...well boy was I sorry. We ended up having to buy me a good pair of sneakers for top dollar while we were there LOL

THanks for the tip! I was also told to bring a jacket especially for when Deb and I go on that Alcatraz trip. The ocean breeze coming off of the water is COOOLLDDD!!

Ginny, are you going on any excursions?:confused:

PampMomof3 said:
THanks for the tip! I was also told to bring a jacket especially for when Deb and I go on that Alcatraz trip. The ocean breeze coming off of the water is COOOLLDDD!!

YES!! San Fran in June was FREEEEZING...bring warm clothes - you're going in April right?

That is right! April 19th thru April 22nd!

Anyone else have an opinion???

I vote after dinner and the lounge up top sounds fine to me. 8:30-9ish. I am starting to get excited.

We don't have much planned except for the Magical Marin on Friday, and Saturday is going to be a day of exploration I think. I wanted to do Alcatraz and DH wasn't interested. By the time we went to make the tour arrangements, that was the only one completely full!!!

My question has been what is the weather like out there, and what is considered cold? I am from New England so my interpretation of cold may be different from the next person, KWIM. I am trying to figure out what to bring.

I think the weather can vary widely, so it's always best to dress in layers. With the fog, the ocean breezes, and the sun, you just never know!

PampMomof3 said:

No excursions for my DD and I ~ we've been there a LOT ~ we might do the walking tour of Chinatown. My nephew's playing a championship basketball game in SF on Sat and Sun ~ so we'll probably scoot over there between our shopping spree!

I was in SF last weekend ~ the weather was BEAUTIFUL ~ I've been watching it...looks like the same this week too. A bit foggy in the AM and about mid60s during the day. A slight breese, but of course, near the bay it's always a bit breezing. I would say a light weight jacket would be fine (unless you're the type that's a bit cold all the time) ~ heavy jacket is definitely not necessary...plus it takes up too much room in the suitcase ~ need for room for those souveniors you're taking home with ya!

Pier 39 is a TOURISTY place. lots of shops and restaurants ~ VERY close to the wharf and where you catch the ferry over to Alcatraz. On Sat, you ought to see the street vendors on the wharf ~ they're very good!

For those with little ones (big ones too) The Exploritorium is the BOMB! When my kids were younger, it was a whole day trip...cuz they didn't want to leave. Stop at a deli or market and bring lunch ~ there's a lunch place in there, but pricey...you can leave it, eat lunch at the park (right next door) and go back in...

To get the FULL experience of the Golden Gate Bridge...if you can and time pernits...I'd WALK it ~ it's GREAT.

Across the GG brdge is a small town (Sausalito) ~ cute, little unique shops and restaurants.

Ginny

Ginny

dannyzmom said:
YES!! San Fran in June was FREEEEZING...bring warm clothes - you're going in April right?

LOL ~ of course it's freezing to you...you're in Florida!!! JK

Ginny

DH and I like to eat our way through cities. :) We've also been to SF before, so we've done the major touristy things before as well. Here's our plan. Anyone is welcome to join us!

Thursday
arrive, check in, explore Union Square a little, dinner at Plouf, and drinks with Cheffers

Friday
SF Guides walking tour, explore North Beach and other nearby neighborhoods, dinner at Indigo (ulimate Wine Tasting Dinner. Woohoooo!)

Saturday
Alcatraz tour, then hightail it over to the Ferry Building for Farmer's Market before it closes, then PC dinner in the evening

Sunday
breakfast or brunch? flight leaves at 2 p.m. so we're not sure when they'll want to shuttle us to the airport so we don't know if we'll really have time for anything. :) I'll probably want to sleep in!

Kitchen2u said:
LOL ~ of course it's freezing to you...you're in Florida!!! JK

Ginny

Good point - good point - LOL

No time for sleeping in Deb! You can sleep on the plane!

We don't have an itinerary yet. I'll get one made soon.:p

How fun you guys! I only live 1.5 hours from San Fran! Have a great time!!

You should come over to party with us! It'll be a blast!!!:D

bumping....looking to take a roll call so we can reserve a big enough table to meet up....

Maybe I will Kristi!! I can probably go for the day and leave the kids with my husband.

SilverCeladon said:
How fun you guys! I only live 1.5 hours from San Fran! Have a great time!!

And I live about 20 minutes from you! I'm in Elk Grove!

Ginny

Sounds good! My dh and I are making our itinerary right now!!!:D

Okay, we're done! Well, we were really done yesterday but you know, I had a lot going on!

Thursday:
Arrive at 1:22 so we'll go to the hotel and check in.
Going to Union Square and walk.
Eat at Cheesecake Factory.
Drink with you Cheffers at 8:30 (12:30 am our time!)

Friday:
Breakfast
Use our trolley pass
Walk the Golden Gate
Fisherman's Wharf
Ghiradelli Square
Lombard Street
Boudin Bakery
Pier 39 (have dinner there somewhere)

Saturday:
Breakfast
Alcatraz (with Deb):D
Chinatown (eat lunch there)
Rush back to the Marriott to get ready for dinner!

Sunday:
Eat Breakfast and see what time the shuttle is taking us to the airport. Our flight is @ noon and gets back to Florida at 11 PM!!!:eek:

Husband is on my butt to make a plan. :rolleyes: Printed off your itineraries so we'd have some ideas. Will make plans this weekend.

chefjeanine said:
Husband is on my butt to make a plan. :rolleyes: Printed off your itineraries so we'd have some ideas. Will make plans this weekend.

So, did you come up with anything?:p

PampMomof3 said:
So, did you come up with anything?:p

He finally threw up his hands and did it himself. The only things I know for sure are the concert and we have a 9:30 tour of Alcatraz (sp?) on Friday. After that tour, he has a plan to see the entire city. :eek: That )

We are extending our trip (thank you P-Chef). DH has a brother and sister in California. We are renting a car on Saturday and traveling south to his sister's house. It will be a little warmer and there should be some wonderful sites to see on the way. We take a red eye home on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning.

I hate pre-trip time. I become a basket case. So far so good but it's going to be a long day. (that's why I'm up at the crack of dawn). I still have laundry to do and then need to make a packing list. . .and pack. Right now I'm checking messages and pulling tags off of new things that have to go in the washer.

Looking forward to meeting you!

chefjeanine said:
I hate pre-trip time. I become a basket case. So far so good but it's going to be a long day. (that's why I'm up at the crack of dawn). I still have laundry to do and then need to make a packing list. . .and pack. Right now I'm checking messages and pulling tags off of new things that have to go in the washer.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Whooo! We sound alike! It's like I take on everything to do and now that I think I have quiet time at 7:30 am, my 2 & 4 year old are now awake!:eek: It's going to be a long day!!!!!:rolleyes:

What are the benefits of getting organized with San Fran Achievers?

Getting organized with San Fran Achievers can lead to increased productivity, reduced stress, and better time management. It can also help you save money by avoiding duplicate purchases and waste.

How can I get started with San Fran Achievers?

To get started with San Fran Achievers, you can attend a workshop or host a party with a consultant. You can also browse their products online and order through a consultant or their website.

What types of products does San Fran Achievers offer for organization?

San Fran Achievers offers a wide range of products for organization, including storage containers, shelving units, planners, and kitchen organization tools. They also offer products for travel, office, and home organization.

Can San Fran Achievers products be personalized?

Yes, many of San Fran Achievers' products can be personalized with names, initials, or custom messages. This can make them great gifts or add a personal touch to your own organization system.

Is there a warranty or guarantee on San Fran Achievers products?

San Fran Achievers offers a satisfaction guarantee on all of their products. If you are not happy with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. They also offer a limited lifetime warranty on some of their products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
Replies