• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Versatility and Affordability of the Samsung Galaxy Pad

In summary, the Galaxy is a good alternative to the iPad, but the iPad3 is still the best tablet out there. They are both compatible with the new web beta site.
cochef
Gold Member
Does anyone have one of these? I am contemplating this over an i-pad but I really don't know much about it. A gal at work was talking about them today and indicated they were much more "versatile" than the i-pad and cheaper. Also, would it be compatible with our new web program?

The galaxy is definitely the top running alternative to the ipad. That being said the iPad3 is still the best tablet out there. I really don't think you can go wrong with either. If you are established as an apple user. ie. ipod or iphone, then do with the iPad. If not, head for the Galaxy.

I'm looking at them too, but they have a lot of different models and they can be pricey. I'm looking for my daughter for Christmas. I think for what she needs to do I may just get her the new Nook HD coming out in Nov.

What they said about the app is that it will work on the iPad, Iphone and on Droid phones. And MAYBE on droid based tablets. They don't know that they will but they compared it to the fact that you can run an iPhone app on an iPad.

Yes, the iPad is nice, but I am NOT going to spend $400-$600 on one for my 6 year-old. I am looking at the Pandigital SuperNova. He asked for a Nook and this will do e-readers plus a bit more.

I understand you do have to install a free app to make it a bit more user friendly, but once you do it's a nice little tablet. I have been able to find them new for $125-$150 or refurbished for $80. I know I've been holding off on any tablet but it gets harder when your child asks for one and he's a voracious reader.

lt1jane said:
Yes, the iPad is nice, but I am NOT going to spend $400-$600 on one for my 6 year-old. I am looking at the Pandigital SuperNova. He asked for a Nook and this will do e-readers plus a bit more.

I understand you do have to install a free app to make it a bit more user friendly, but once you do it's a nice little tablet. I have been able to find them new for $125-$150 or refurbished for $80. I know I've been holding off on any tablet but it gets harder when your child asks for one and he's a voracious reader.

I wouldn't spend that for a six year old either but the OP was asking about compatibility with our business so I doubt she is getting it for a child.

To the OP: any device that connects to the Internet is compatible with the new web (beta site). If/when you are on it you'll be able to do everything form what ever device gets you on the Internet and to the PC website.

Just do want to add one caveat- the ipad is NOT compatible with the online training videos because they are flash based. Flash is phasing out and I wish the pc site would switch to a different format for streaming video :(

What is the Samsung Galaxy Pad?

The Samsung Galaxy Pad is a tablet computer developed and manufactured by Samsung Electronics. It runs on the Android operating system and is designed for mobile internet browsing, multimedia playback, and other typical tablet functions.

What are the main features of the Samsung Galaxy Pad?

The Samsung Galaxy Pad has a 10.1 inch LCD display, a quad-core processor, and up to 64GB of internal storage. It also has a front and rear-facing camera, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and a long-lasting battery.

Can I make phone calls on the Samsung Galaxy Pad?

No, the Samsung Galaxy Pad does not have the capability to make phone calls. However, it can be used for video calls and messaging through apps such as Skype, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger.

What is the difference between the Samsung Galaxy Pad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab?

The Samsung Galaxy Pad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab are both tablet computers produced by Samsung. However, the Galaxy Pad is larger and has more powerful specs compared to the Tab. The Galaxy Pad is also marketed towards a more professional and productivity-focused audience, while the Tab is geared towards everyday use and entertainment.

What is the price of the Samsung Galaxy Pad?

The price of the Samsung Galaxy Pad varies depending on the model and storage capacity. However, it typically ranges from $300 to $500. You can also find deals and discounts from retailers or through Samsung's official website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • babywings76