• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Previewing Sample Package Groups for the Upcoming Changeover Kits

In summary, the changeover kits are coming this week and for someone who got theirs already, there is a way you could scan and post the sample groupings. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow but I have some free time today and would like to see what my budget allows me to buy- and what my sell-a-thon level gives me. Thanks in advance :) Package A is the only one that is not on open stock.
otisbg
Gold Member
Hi
I know the changeover kits are coming this week. For someone who got theirs already - is there a way you could scan and post the sample groupings?
Mine is scheduled for tomorrow but I have some free time today and would like to see what my budget allows me to buy- and what my sell-a-thon level gives me.
Thanks in advance :)

I'm a bit surprised at how expensive the groups are. I thought they might keep the stoneware separate and offer them at 50% off, but since they are part of the groups, that really makes the cost go way up! I almost always order Package A because it has everything, but I've never seen it cost $405 before! I'm not sure what I'm going to order now :(

Christen, would you mind typing up the packages or uploading a photo of the paper?

I've got them ... I'll try.Package B
Mini Baker
Easy Read Measuring Colander
Small ridged baker
Mole rub
Price $34.50Package C
Deep Dish Baker
3 Cup leakproof glass container
Microwave chip maker
Bamboo fiber mixing bowl set
Bamboo dish cloths
Simple slicer
Glass cleaning brush
Chocolate cookbook
MFP recipes
Indian mild curry rub
Butterscotch rum sauce
Mango curry sauce
Rosemary canola
Pomegranate vinegar
Total $114.25Package D
Rectangle baker
5 1/2 cup glass container
Veggie Slicer
Bamboo tool turn about
Bamboo dry erase
Bamboo kitchen towel
Silicone oven mitt
Candy thermometer
food storage labels
Vegetarian cookbook
Smoky applewood rub
Chocolate peanut butter sauce
Blueberry vinegar
Orange oil
Cherry vinegar
$136.13Package E
DCB
Square baker
8,5 cup glass
1.5 cup glass
Dipless oil and vinegar
3 cup prep bowl (set of 2)
Soft tip cleaning brushes
Bamboo note holder
Chocolate caramel sauce
Choc. peppermint sauce
Apricot honey sauce
$138.75Package A is B, C, D and E combinde and is $405!

Open stock items are:
Ridged baker
Bamboo fiber bowl set
Simple Slicer
Mini baker, Deep Dish Pie Plate, Square Baker, Rectangle Baker, DCB (all in taupe)
Microwave chip maker
Veggie slicer
Bamboo tool turn about
Small bamboo knife set
Cranberry Orange sauce
Pizza crust with rosemary for $4

What are the individual items?

kayleigh said:
What are the individual items?

Never mind.. hehe:cheerleader:

I, too, thought they should take the stoneware and the other open stock items out of the packages. If I order anything open stock it will be the ridged baker, veggie slicer and maybe the pizza crust mix for when my customers want "refills." I'm a bit bummed that the glass containers, applewood rub, chocolate peanut butter sauce, oven mitt and candy thermometer aren't on open stock. But I'll probably host my own show in November to get anything I want.

Thanks so much for typing it all up! :)

That does stink they did that. What on earth would I need those stones for? I already own them in the others.Thank you for typing that up for us.

Yeah, that's odd that they have the stoneware available open stock, yet include them in the packages, too. I don't need more stoneware. If I get it, I guess I can give them away as gifts or incentives, but I don't have that much $ that I want to buy things up front like that. KWIM? I don't own the Deep Dish Baker, though, so I don't mind getting that one in that package. But the others? I plan to host a season kickoff party in September, so maybe I'll earn some of those things for free. I'll have to crunch numbers and see if I want to get them anyway so I can have them at my party. ;)

I was sort of hoping for the pantry items to be a package. Bummer.I need another piece of glazed stoneware like I need a hole in the head. Except for that DCB. I do need another DCB, and since I didn't earn the $6000 level, I'm glad that I can order it individually.I find it interesting that the Cran-Orange Sauce and the Pizza Mix are available to purchase, since the only way they are sold is in gift sets. It's not like it's something we can sample at shows and have for re-orders.

Wish the dripless Oil & Vinegar bottles were open stock. :(

Becky, if you order a package with your pantry items, I'm sure there will be some who will take them off your hands!I am glad that the taupe stoneware is open stock because the directors didn't get much of it, but in the packages too?I'm a little tempted by Package D because the rectangle baker is the one piece I don't have and it has my chocolate peanut butter sauce that I'd eat by the tablespoon, but I'd be looking to unload the rest on Marketplace. It's a bit pricey for me.Maybe there can be some clustermates who would be willing to split a package? But in 4 years I've never purchased a sample package and don't see myself starting now.

Do you think it would be worthwhile to contact them via email and ask that they take the Stone pieces OUT of the packages and just leave them open-stock? Explain that it makes everything way too expensive and we don't NEED all of the stoneware just because the color changed! Take out the stones and it makes the Package A $290 ($230 full value for the new glazed stones...so $115 discounted value). I'm getting the mini baker in my SAT set...that's enough to show the color. Maybe if I can get some extra shows on my calendar, but still....poor business choice for us.

:rolleyes:Another roll of the eyes at more stoneware.
Thanks for posting!

I think that is a wonderful idea to contact them about taking the stoneware out!! I do not have the room for duplicate stoneware pieces nor the funds to buy them just to get the other "new" products!! The peasants need to rise up!!:eek:

esavvymom said:
Do you think it would be worthwhile to contact them via email and ask that they take the Stone pieces OUT of the packages and just leave them open-stock? Explain that it makes everything way too expensive and we don't NEED all of the stoneware just because the color changed! Take out the stones and it makes the Package A $290 ($230 full value for the new glazed stones...so $115 discounted value). I'm getting the mini baker in my SAT set...that's enough to show the color. Maybe if I can get some extra shows on my calendar, but still....poor business choice for us.
I will write one right now! I wonder who we should send it to? Just the Solution Center under the "general" question category?I know we don't have to buy them, and it's nice we can get them at a discount. I think it only makes sense to take the stones out of bundles since they are open stock anyway. The cost will still be high because the other items are pricey, but at least it will be less w/o the stones in there. ;)

Last edited:
i would love to see a pantry set, too - especially with the pantry marketing guide coming out on the 25th - being able to try them and/or sample makes it easier to describe them & sell them for sure!

ok - just sent my email to HO about making a pantry group as well as keeping the stoneware ala carte...therefore out of the Groups. We all need to do this.:p

babywings76 said:
I will write one right now! I wonder who we should send it to? Just the Solution Center under the "general" question category?

I know we don't have to buy them, and it's nice we can get them at a discount. I think it only makes sense to take the stones out of bundles since they are open stock anyway. The cost will still be high because the other items are pricey, but at least it will be less w/o the stones in there. ;)

I think I will email them, too. Not that it will do any good at this late date - the paperwork is already printed and being sent out - but still.
I'm gonna use the [email protected] email.

I would love to see them put the few items not included in the Director Package in a Sample Package. That's what I would like to see.

Chef Kearns said:
I would love to see them put the few items not included in the Director Package in a Sample Package. That's what I would like to see.

Me too! The only thing I was disappointed about the packages is that the glass containers were not open stock, since the director package only had one.

I sent my email too.

Chef Kearns said:

I agree too! What were they thinking? SMH

It is weird all the stoneware they included just because of color. One in taupe would suffice. Every season there is at least one package I can't wait to order. This year - no. There are items I'm excited about but there are a few in each package. Bummer. I know. That's why I should have sold more in the SAT! :grumpy:

Looks as if I'm definitely having a big Open House! :chef:

Last edited:
I emailed - explained that not only is it not cost effective but that being a military spouse living in military housing I don't have room for extra stones and can't afford the extra weight they bring in a move. I know it won't do any good but maybe they will rethink this next time. Especially if this color is temporary (as they have stated) and there will be new colors in upcoming seasons.

Can't wait for Spring to say bye-bye to that ghastly taupe!

OMG! I just got and opened my change-over kit! OMG! I sold over $1500 and I received:
Deep Dish Pie Plate - Taupe
Leak-Proof Glass Container - 3-cup
Microwave Chip Maker (to be shipped later)
Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl Set
Bamboo Dishcloths (set of 2)
Simple Slicer
Glass Cleaning Brush
TPC Chocolate recipe collection
TPC Quick and Easy Recipes for Your Manual Food Processor
Indian Mild Curry Rub
Butterscotch Rum Sauce
Mango Curry Sauce
Rosemary-Infused Canola Oil
Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
Mole Rub
Small Ridged Baker
Mini Baker - Taupe
Easy-Read Measuring Colander
TPC Round Up From The Heart Trivet
TPC Cookbook - For a Cause (will ship later)
PLUS - The normal change-over kit - Catalogs, Season's Best, DVD, Etc.

Again - O M G ! The Pampered Chef is so AWSOME!

I was dreading the Taupe, but after just remodeling our kitchen, it goes so well with our tile backsplash and the granite countertops.

Last edited:
chefa said:
Can't wait for Spring to say bye-bye to that ghastly taupe!

and I LOVE it! I prefer neutral colors in my dishes and such as I'm not the type to replace them every couple of years. I prefer things that are timeless and won't date themselves in a few years simply because the pattern/color has gone out of style.

I'm OK with the taupe .... but the main thing that drew me to PC in the first place is that there are not many things that are out in every season, so I won't spend a ton of time and money on products that are soon discontinued.I preferred the white because it goes with my kitchen so well, but only have one piece of it.I agree ... if it's open stock, it shouldn't be in the sample packages.

I just got my package today and I really like the taupe in person. It really is nice. I thought white was also good. I don't have a problem with them doing the taupe for one season, but I don't think it was a good idea to make us stuck with it in these group packages. I'm looking forward to getting the Deep Dish Baker in taupe with that one grouping since I don't own a DDB yet, but I think the other groupings either I won't buy or I'll see about giving the stoneware pieces away as gifts or for incentives.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put the taupe in the regular line if it's popular this season. It's okay - I can take it or leave it - but I know a lot of my customers will LOVE it! I think it will be more popular than the white was.

I like my white DCB and Mini Baker, I HATE keeping them clean. That's one reason I'm so happy for the taupe. I clean my stoneware, but it's harder to keep those light colored glazed pieces clean and looking good for a party.

I e-mailed as well. Besides not needing any more at all, no way, no how, I would rather not spend the money. The only other thing to do would be to boycott the packages. But I really want some of the other items. Not sure what to do. That is way more money than I can afford to duplicate so... OMG! I just realized it is 5 pieces including a DCB - FOR ONE SEASON!!!! Now that is really asking too much! That is $115 we will pay just for one season's color change!

Last edited:
There is no way I am buying any of these sample packages - I have so much stoneware already that I'm giving some stones to my sister-in-law!! I like the taupe, but own all of the cranberry, and since the cranberry matches my kitchen, I will not be replacing with taupe. I already replaced the french vanilla with the cranberry!! I think I will just have my own "New Products" show in September and see how much I can earn for free/discount that way. I may buy some open stock items, but no packages for me this year.

The taupe color is really pretty! I like it a LOT better than the cranberry or white, but still hoping for a French Vanilla for the DCB. Yeah, that'll never happen.:( No way can I justify replacing my cranberry DCB for taupe.

I don't even have room for the new mini baker or ridged pan. Hubby likes the ridged pan. I like the photo they have of it with meatballs in the new catalog. I think I will break it in with some microwave bacon a little later tonight and see if it is ALL THAT.

I got the small package for doing 2 shows. Woo hoo! Didn't realize this sell-a-thon package would come with the fall paperwork changeover. Double woo hoo! :sing:

I am with you Cathy! I replaced the French Vanilla - I do love the cranberry - but I mean really? $115 for one season?

I just realized we can order the new pantry items on Supply Order - so for those of you who want the pantry items only, you can just order them via Supply. I forgot I did the same thing last season!

I would love to see the pantry items in one group because it's the one thing I could do with out when purchasing the sample kits!! I don't mind the extra stoneware, what a great giveaway at a show for needing bookings and such but I do agree that it's weird that have it in open stock and in the packages. I didn't earn any of the SAT products so now I have to decide what to do. I love to have products to show off at shows but not at the prices that the packages are. I might just buy the simple slicer on open stock and call it good.

I figured out how I can get what I want, without breaking the bank. I highlighted the items in each package I would LIKE to have. I know I can get the pantry items on supply order for about 40% discount, not as good as the 50%, but I can live with (or without) those. I realized that most of the items I desired from Package C and D were available as open-stock, whereas the items in Pkg E were not (not as many)....so I'm getting Pkg E, and then the individual open stock items...probably not at the SAME time. I may stagger my order. But they have the Open-Stock AND the "Key new products". All total, it would be $210 if I buy what I want, minus extra pantry items, versus $388. That's a number both myself and my DH can live with. I still want to put shows on the calendar to COVER it...but I had a good month in June for commission (for me). I know you don't care WHAT I'm getting, but for those out there who are trying to figure out how to do it too, I thought I'd share. Maybe it would give you some ideas on how to look at it.

esavvymom said:
I figured out how I can get what I want, without breaking the bank. I highlighted the items in each package I would LIKE to have. I know I can get the pantry items on supply order for about 40% discount, not as good as the 50%, but I can live with (or without) those. I realized that most of the items I desired from Package C and D were available as open-stock, whereas the items in Pkg E were not (not as many)....so I'm getting Pkg E, and then the individual open stock items...probably not at the SAME time. I may stagger my order. But they have the Open-Stock AND the "Key new products". All total, it would be $210 if I buy what I want, minus extra pantry items, versus $388. That's a number both myself and my DH can live with.

I still want to put shows on the calendar to COVER it...but I had a good month in June for commission (for me). I know you don't care WHAT I'm getting, but for those out there who are trying to figure out how to do it too, I thought I'd share. Maybe it would give you some ideas on how to look at it.

I always do the same thing (taking in mind what I earned in SAT). If there is more than half of the list the contains items I want then I'll consider purchasing that set. This time around there were more items on the Open Stock list that I wanted than any of the sets. Like you I'll probably have to buy a couple at a time. I can't wait until August 1st so I can place my order. I didn't earn anything for SAT this time (first time since I started!) so I want to get the new products in my hand!!

I am so glad I am not the only one upset with the stoneware being in the packages. I definately do not need any stoneware...and I can't afford to buy them. I normally buy package A because it has everything and the things I don't want/need I give to my family for gifts, but there is just too much stoneware to make it work this time. I had planned on getting the ridged baker and the mini baker so I would have something in the taupe to take to shows, but thats it. And they clearly stated that it would only be here for the fall season. I personally wish they would put everything open stock and let us choose the pieces we need. I haven't decided what to do yet. I will send an email as well, but I don't know if it will do any good. Many people have already ordered and it wouldn't be fair to them to change it now.

Shawnna said:
I am so glad I am not the only one upset with the stoneware being in the packages. I definately do not need any stoneware...and I can't afford to buy them. I normally buy package A because it has everything and the things I don't want/need I give to my family for gifts, but there is just too much stoneware to make it work this time. I had planned on getting the ridged baker and the mini baker so I would have something in the taupe to take to shows, but thats it. And they clearly stated that it would only be here for the fall season. I personally wish they would put everything open stock and let us choose the pieces we need. I haven't decided what to do yet. I will send an email as well, but I don't know if it will do any good. Many people have already ordered and it wouldn't be fair to them to change it now.

No one has ordered yet. We can't order until August 1.

I did send an email and got the standard - thanks for your opinion - reply. Then I got an actual reply, basically saying that they cant please everyone. Well...I am hoping that if the emails keep coming, they may still offer another alternative to those of us who do not have a need for every taupe stoneware piece. This so goes against the "taking less to shows" philosphy from spring launch!:rolleyes:

otisbg said:
I did send an email and got the standard - thanks for your opinion - reply. Then I got an actual reply, basically saying that they cant please everyone. Well...I am hoping that if the emails keep coming, they may still offer another alternative to those of us who do not have a need for every taupe stoneware piece. This so goes against the "taking less to shows" philosphy from spring launch!:rolleyes:

I didn't get any type of reply to my e-mail. Did you do yours through CC or did you just send an e-mail to them from your own e-mail program?

I sent mine through CC - let me see if i can find it

this was the reply I got:

Dear Linda,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef and thank you for your concern. In trying to make wise decisions, not everyone will be happy with the choices. I am sorry that this was not the choices you would have made but we thank you for your input. I will be happy to forward your information for review for the future. Thank you again.

Dolores Schultz
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
Start Your Own Business and plan kitchen shows at PamperedChef.com

That was the same response I got. So nothing will change this time around.

Anyone else finding difficulty rationalizing the cost of Package A, it's sooooo expensive!

<h2>1. Can I preview the sample package groupings for the upcoming changeover kits?</h2><p>Yes, you can preview the sample package groupings for the upcoming changeover kits. You can either wait until you receive your changeover kit or you can ask your Pampered Chef consultant for a preview.</p><h2>2. When will the changeover kits be available?</h2><p>The changeover kits will be available this week. If you have a scheduled delivery date, you should expect to receive your kit on or around that date. Otherwise, you can contact your consultant for more information on when you can expect to receive your kit.</p><h2>3. Is there a way to scan and post the sample groupings for those who have already received their changeover kits?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we cannot scan and post the sample groupings for those who have already received their changeover kits. However, you can contact your consultant for more information on the sample groupings or wait until you receive your kit.</p><h2>4. Can I see the sample groupings before I receive my changeover kit?</h2><p>Yes, you can see the sample groupings before you receive your changeover kit. You can either wait until you receive your kit or you can ask your consultant for a preview.</p><h2>5. How can I determine what my budget allows me to buy and what my sell-a-thon level gives me?</h2><p>You can determine what your budget allows you to buy and what your sell-a-thon level gives you by checking the price list and sell-a-thon rewards chart included in your changeover kit. You can also contact your consultant for more information and assistance in planning your purchases.</p>

1. Can I preview the sample package groupings for the upcoming changeover kits?

Yes, you can preview the sample package groupings for the upcoming changeover kits. You can either wait until you receive your changeover kit or you can ask your Pampered Chef consultant for a preview.

2. When will the changeover kits be available?

The changeover kits will be available this week. If you have a scheduled delivery date, you should expect to receive your kit on or around that date. Otherwise, you can contact your consultant for more information on when you can expect to receive your kit.

3. Is there a way to scan and post the sample groupings for those who have already received their changeover kits?

Unfortunately, we cannot scan and post the sample groupings for those who have already received their changeover kits. However, you can contact your consultant for more information on the sample groupings or wait until you receive your kit.

4. Can I see the sample groupings before I receive my changeover kit?

Yes, you can see the sample groupings before you receive your changeover kit. You can either wait until you receive your kit or you can ask your consultant for a preview.

5. How can I determine what my budget allows me to buy and what my sell-a-thon level gives me?

You can determine what your budget allows you to buy and what your sell-a-thon level gives you by checking the price list and sell-a-thon rewards chart included in your changeover kit. You can also contact your consultant for more information and assistance in planning your purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
JTNT8704
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • sarahlegare
  • General Chat